[Official] Fallout New Vegas

So I picked up my Collectors Edition game last night at midnight and had a chance to play it for a few hours. First impression?

The desert looks very well made (love how I can finally see a blue sky!)

I'll post more after my class!

Do the graphics look any better than Fallout 3 overall though?

They do. There's still plenty of screen ripping going on, but overall, I do see an improvement.

I know the game is running on the same engine, but i think the brighter colors make it look MUCH better!

Not out here till Friday, so I have no impressions yet, lol.

i hate how they spread the release days depending on region. :-/

can't wait to pick this up, Fallout 3 was one of my frav's which i played to death, had all the DLC, even though some of them were rather shakey. Annoyed that i have to wait until friday for release, but i think i can just about handle it :p

Why is this thread in the MS subforum?

That is a good point, I hadn't noticed that, damn Xbros. :p

Had over 300 hours in FO3, but looking at the videos and such I'm not happy with the game. After 2 years I wanted something better and this.

I had probably 400-500 hours in FO3, was so awesome, lol.

But chances are, if we didn't get New Vegas because they passed it onto Obsidian, we wouldn't have a new Fallout for a good number of years seeing as Bethesda are busy doing whatever they are in secret, hopefully a new Elder Scrolls, but then we would have to wait longer for them to develop a second game.

Because our version is obv superior and we must have our own :p

I was considering getting the 360 version, since I figured maybe it would have Avatar awards, which it doesn't :(

But I assumed it would look better, but a comparison seems to show that the 360 version has better lighting but some muddy textures for some stupid reason. :s

http://www.gameblurb...hot-comparison/

I was considering getting the 360 version, since I figured maybe it would have Avatar awards, which it doesn't :(

But I assumed it would look better, but a comparison seems to show that the 360 version has better lighting but some muddy textures for some stupid reason. :s

I was actually kidding, but ok :p

The PS3 version does have better textures, but I am noticing some major aliasing issues.

But then again, these are all differences that won't be seen when you play them unless they're played side to side

The PS3 version does have better textures, but I am noticing some major aliasing issues.

But then again, these are all differences that won't be seen when you play them unless they're played side to side

yeah.

I think i'd be able to notice even without the comparison. I wonder why there's still a problem with developing multi platform games for the ps3

Nice to see this is still in the wrong sub forum. Edit: Saying that it is an abysmal OT. I'll try to slap one up in work.

Just finished this last night. The game it's self is little more than Fallout 3.5, even the graphics look the same, but does a great deal of a better job at recreating the feel of the original series. None of this Bioware-esq karma good/bad. I happily ridden the morally gray true to the end until I had to finally pick a side. Alas it's an Obsidian game so crashed 3 times last night and a grand total of 8 times over the weekend. Not counting the various non-show stopper bugs.

Nice to see this is STILL in the wrong sub forum.

Just finished this last night. The game it's self is little more than Fallout 3.5, even the graphics look the same, but does a great deal of a better job at recreating the feel of the original series. None of this Bioware-esq karma good/bad. I happily ridden the morally gray true to the end until I had to finally pick a side. Alas it's an Obsidian game so crashed 3 times last night and a grand total of 8 times over the weekend. Not counting the various non-show stopper bugs.

:blink: you finished it already? I'm still waiting for my copy (bought on Steam, already pre-loaded). It was suppose to of been released on the 19th and a day or so before it was due to be released, it was changed to the 22nd which was annoying...still, I preordered it a few months ago and got it at a fairly good price and I've noticed recently the price has almost doubled! so at least I avoided that.

Nice to see this is still in the wrong sub forum. Edit: Saying that it is an abysmal OT. I'll try to slap one up in work.

It has been requested to be moved, give it time, it doesn't really matter that much in the end.