Proof of 2012

We'll find out soon enough :p

Honestly, like the movie 2012 said (yes I'm using that as a source haha), if the government knew the world was going to end, they WOULD keep it a secret. If they released that information, the whole world would break down. Nasa is a government organization, sooo....

We'll find out soon enough :p

Honestly, like the movie 2012 said (yes I'm using that as a source haha), if the government knew the world was going to end, they WOULD keep it a secret. If they released that information, the whole world would break down. Nasa is a government organization, sooo....

Yes but i doubt the government would put out evidence why it won't happen, rather than just flat out deny it. NASA makes a darn compelling argument with their answers - not stuff that is really.. suspicious.

Yes but i doubt the government would put out evidence why it won't happen, rather than just flat out deny it. NASA makes a darn compelling argument with their answers - not stuff that is really.. suspicious.

They forgot to mention the cloaked Ghoa'uld fleet coming...

Its stupid, there are no such thing as fortune tellers, and as for facts, NASA has just ruled out all the speculation and hoaxes floating around the net

"It is true that this will be the first time in almost 26,000 years that the Sun will appear to connect with part of the Dark Rift." (http://2012rising.com/article/the-galactic-alignment-in-2012-part-1)

Can you really believe that it was coincidence that the Mayans picked that exact day?? I'm not saying the world will end because of that alignment.... what I am saying is that it's incredible how they were able to figure out that date. That's impressive.

"It is true that this will be the first time in almost 26,000 years that the Sun will appear to connect with part of the Dark Rift." (http://2012rising.com/article/the-galactic-alignment-in-2012-part-1)

Can you really believe that it was coincidence that the Mayans picked that exact day?? I'm not saying the world will end because of that alignment.... what I am saying is that it's incredible how they were able to figure out that date. That's impressive.

Give me a credible source that shows the Mayans predicted it please.

Give me a credible source that shows the Mayans predicted it please.

We know that Dec 21st 2012 is the day the alignment happens, and we know that it's the same day that the Mayan calendar ends. Like I said, could that really be a coincidence? Maybe, but probably not, especially since it only happens every 26,000 years.

Also, the History channel confirms those facts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57AXJ00RmR0

We know that Dec 21st 2012 is the day the alignment happens, and we know that it's the same day that the Mayan calendar ends. Like I said, could that really be a coincidence? Maybe, but probably not, especially since it only happens every 26,000 years.

Also, the History channel confirms those facts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57AXJ00RmR0

We know that's when the alignment happens yes. We know when the Mayan calendar ends yes but until I see some ancient writing of the mayan's actually PREDICTING it to happen I won't be phased. As posted by NASA, the Mayan calendar ends on the 21st Dec but restarts like any calender. The fact it falls on an alignment is pure coincidence. It's hardly a prediction. Also alignments have happened many times in the time this planet has been alive... yet we're still here.

Who wants to bet after 2012 the time will be put forward?

Somebody would find out...

Lol what?

Who deemed the Mayans a credible source in the first place? How come these ahead of their time mathematical geniuses couldn't forsee their own apocalypse, their civilization is gone. And yet we?re supposed to believe they were able to look hundreds of years into the future and foresee ours? Sorry for my skepticism, but I prefer non-fiction.

Who deemed the Mayans a credible source in the first place? How come these ahead of their time mathematical geniuses couldn't forsee their own apocalypse, their civilization is gone. And yet we?re supposed to believe they were able to look hundreds of years into the future and foresee ours? Sorry for my skepticism, but I prefer non-fiction.

Well, can you look up into the sky and, with your bare eyes, tell us what the date of the next allignment will be of the earth, sun, and Dark Rift? The Mayans did it somehow (unless it is a coincidence, which is extremely rare)

I doubt it will be a natural disaster but it may be man made ie: M.A.D (Mutually Assured Destruction ) it only takes one idiot with a nuke and a moron to fire back .... either that or the Alien race :alien: that taught the Mayans the Inca's and the Egyptians how to build pyramids they way they did will return to discover we've become an power hungry squabbling bunch of Eco unfriendly ******** and will consequentially wipe us out :whistle:?just aswell I learnt to speak Alien then?

Nunoo Nunoo shuzbut?

Who deemed the Mayans a credible source in the first place? How come these ahead of their time mathematical geniuses couldn't forsee their own apocalypse, their civilization is gone. And yet we're supposed to believe they were able to look hundreds of years into the future and foresee ours? Sorry for my skepticism, but I prefer non-fiction.

Why do people keeping asking that stupid question? Think about it....

Just because somebody is smarter and more advanced than anybody else around, doesn't mean they are invulnerable to being killed.

They DID NOT "look into the future"... They followed mathematical patterns of the star formations and "thought" they saw something headed toward Earth. It's not that hard to figure out how long it will take something to go a certain distance.

They followed mathematical patterns of the star formations and "thought" they saw something headed toward Earth. It's not that hard to figure out how long it will take something to go a certain distance.

Who is "they"?

The Mayan calendar doesn't end on 2012, it begins a new cycle (the 13th baktun), it's similar to our century marker. Remember, we're up to the 12th baktun, there have been 11 previous ones (they're 396 years long, so we've lived through a whole bunch)

I suppose what I'm getting at is, the people promoting the whole thing with the Mayan calendar are also the ones selling books about it, i.e. they're making stuff up to make money.