List your current phone and favourite ROM (if rooted) here!

i know that :p

but name me a custom rom which gives same or even better battery lifetime + latest htc sense ui (as i wanna keep that) and has all other things working as well.

i was thinking about leedroid but read that battery lifetime is worse.

so for the moment i think i wont change anything, only if 2.3 is out as i want to adopt early by then:D

LeeDroiD is a fantastic ROM. The ROM does not really affect battery life, it is the Radio and the way you use the phone along with the programs you install that impacts battery life. Stick to the stock radio (the one that is on stock HTC phones), use a program called SetCPU which automatically throttles your CPU based on what you are doing, and you will get excellent battery life. Also, when you use a smart phone, you cant realistically expect more than a day of battery life.

HTC Magic running CM 6.1 RC ;)

Nice. I've got a few Android devs at work, and they swear by CM on their D1s. Too bad there's not a Droid X version - I would be running it for sure.

Droid1 running ChevyNo1's ROM (Simply Stunning) and 1.0 GHz low voltage kernel.

I'm running SSX on my Droid X, which has the customization and the scripts and such, but due to the Droid X bootloader, there's no custom kernel. It bites really, I've been able to overclock using JRummy's app from the market, but a low-voltage kernel would be sweet.

I'm running SSX on my Droid X, which has the customization and the scripts and such, but due to the Droid X bootloader, there's no custom kernel. It bites really, I've been able to overclock using JRummy's app from the market, but a low-voltage kernel would be sweet.

Didn't know that was a side effect of the bootloader, is it the same case with the Droid 2? I haven't really looked into all that with those phones.

To be honest, I haven't checked on the Droid 2. I heard that after the Droid 1 was rooted and the bootloader was cracked easily, Motorola tried to lock down the individual models from there on out. Wish I could be of more help. Maybe XDA or droidforums could help.

Original Droid

Bugless Beast v0.5

Bugless Evolution Theme

Chevy low voltage 1Ghz Kernal

Standard Baseband.

I have an old G1, it's insanely slow even on Cyanogen 6.0.

I wish I could get a decent device to play with. But it cost too much and I can't use two phones with my carrier policies.

I have a G1 unlocked on AT&T, currently running the stock Android 1.6 ROM. I never bothered with custom ROMs because I've heard mixed performance reports with custom ROMs on the G1; plus I'm too lazy to bother with them. :p

You can always under-volt via the overclocking method (probably what you have already done) but it would be nice to be able to get a kernel that has it pre under-volted.

Didn't know that was a side effect of the bootloader, is it the same case with the Droid 2? I haven't really looked into all that with those phones.

Motorola encrypted the bootloader which makes it impossible (so far) to replace. If you do replace it, the phone won't recognize the signature and will not boot properly. As the Droid 2 came after the X and is also made by Motorola, it's pretty safe to assume the bootloader is also locked (a quick google search says it is, but without farther research it's hard to tell).