anybody know of anyway to get the Dragon Priest masks to act as masks and not include the priest Cowl, it hoses up my armor's cowl.

post-36462-0-89256100-1330219531_thumb.j

i DISPISE the creation kit.

after i create a room, save, go ingame to test, then go back out to edit additions / modifications. after im done editing, i try to save, it wont let me, have to save it as new. then when i go test that it only does the changes, nothing that was in the previous incarnations....

essentially made room, tested ok, then created a adjoining hallway and stair system. tested that, it was only the hall and stair system, not the room that was originally there.....

i DISPISE the creation kit.

after i create a room, save, go ingame to test, then go back out to edit additions / modifications. after im done editing, i try to save, it wont let me, have to save it as new. then when i go test that it only does the changes, nothing that was in the previous incarnations....

essentially made room, tested ok, then created a adjoining hallway and stair system. tested that, it was only the hall and stair system, not the room that was originally there.....

I haven't used it myself but based on the result's that thousands of others have had, I would have to assume operator error...

Google a tutorial or something.

I haven't used it myself but based on the result's that thousands of others have had, I would have to assume operator error...

Google a tutorial or something.

i dont doubt its something i did, and i was going from the tutorials on the creation kit site itself.

im thinking its cause when i open the file it says i have to have it active. but when i do that, it wont save over itself

Today on Steam we've released a new beta update that gives you a first

look at what's we'll be bringing to PS3, 360, and PC in the

forthcoming 1.5 update.

In addition to a number of new bug fixes, we're now using title

updates as an opportunity to add new features to the game. Included

in this update, players will be able to enjoy all-new kill cameras,

including ones specific to ranged combat and magic.

Sound familar? That's probably because they had a cameo in the Game

Jam video [1] shown during Todd Howard's DICE keynoteTodd Howard

presented at DICE.

I'm surprised they are continuing to patch the game to be honest. I do not recall them ever patching previous elder scroll or fallout games as much as Skyrim.

Also right now the patch isn't out quite yet as far as I'm aware.

• 2 weeks later...

A video showcasing the new kill moves that will be added in the 1.5 patch, pretty epic.

Also notes for the beta patch:

NEW FEATURES
  • New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
  • New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
  • Shadows on grass available (PC)
  • Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item?s value
  • Improved visual transition when going underwater
  • Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes
    BUG FIXES
  • General crash fixes and memory optimizations
  • Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
  • In ?A Cornered Rat,? the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
  • Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion?s quests properly
  • Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
  • Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
  • Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
  • Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
  • Fixed issue where ?Rescue Mission? was preventing ?Taking Care of Business? from starting properly
  • Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
  • Fixed issue in ?Diplomatic Immunity? where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
  • In ?Hard Answers,? picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
  • Killing Viola before or after ?Blood on the Ice? no longer blocks progression
  • Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in ?Blood on the Ice?
  • In ?Waking Nightmare? fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
  • Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
  • Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
  • Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
  • Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
  • Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
  • Fixed issue where the Headsman?s Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
  • In ?A Night to Remember? it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
  • Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
  • Fixed issue with ?The Wolf Queen Awakened? where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
  • The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
  • Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
  • In ?Tending the Flames? King Olaf?s Verse will no longer disappear from explosions

A video showcasing the new kill moves that will be added in the 1.5 patch, pretty epic.

Also notes for the beta patch:

I'd taken a break from the game after reaching levels in the 60's and never completing the main quest line. These are some nice patch notes. I look forward to the first DLC pack and some additional nexus mods and I'll probably start over with a different class.

I finally got around to playing Skyrim (bought it on launch day) - oh.my.God. Goodbye life. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up on Saturday, but was only able to get round to playing it last night.

Oh wow. I think I ended up playing for three hours last night, although I can't be sure about that because I lost track of time. This game is insane.

I escaped from the dragon, followed the guy to his family's home, then I accidentally stole a book from the Inn across the road. People didn't take kindly to that (can't imagine why) so I got chased out of the village. I went to the nearest town because I was told that I had to pass on the message about dragons. From there I learned about Winterhold and its college. Not wanting to stick to the storyline all the way through, I decided to make the journey and get to the college.

I was blown away during my travel. The scenery is beautiful, and unlike the Fallout series (which I also enjoy) I had the impression that if I wanted to, I could travel anywhere without fearing too much about which level I was. That said, I stumbled across a bandit hideout, and although I took out the two guys there and got some nice loot, their friends showed up as I was trying to leave. One of them came at me with a lightning attack, and I realised I needed to run. Thank god that as I was running I came across a mammoth, which the bandits decided to try and take on while I continued to make my escape.

I continued with my travels and got to the foot of the mountain. The snow was a nice change, but as I progressed up the mountain the snow storms had me start to feel uneasy, as if I shouldn't be there. Finally reaching the summit, I looked below to see Winterhold, and like any weary traveller I descended and tried to find an inn to rest up in. Then my eyes fell on the college, and with new energy I went over and commenced my training.

However, this is where I've entered a bit of a problem. I've got to Saarthal and I've been exploring the catacombs. It hasn't been too bad going, but I've come across an enemy that seems a lot tougher than the other guys. Basically he took me down in a couple of blows and I decided to call it a night.

I'll try again this evening, but I guess there is the possibility that I won't be able to beat him. If this is the case, I don't think there is any other way out of the site...I'll be trapped.

I don't mind though. This feels like an epic game, and after only a few hours in to it I'm already hooked. :D

I notice some of the New animation, but its really hard to see all of them, you must have lot of "skills" on every Arms !

One thing i don't understand, how do you decorate the home ? "breezehome" in the books "how to decorate your home" it says, you have to buy stuff from some store, I try to search that store in whiterun but its not there not even in Map :o

I notice some of the New animation, but its really hard to see all of them, you must have lot of "skills" on every Arms !

One thing i don't understand, how do you decorate the home ? "breezehome" in the books "how to decorate your home" it says, you have to buy stuff from some store, I try to search that store in whiterun but its not there not even in Map :o

You buy the house stuff from the same person you buy the house from.

You buy the house stuff from the same person you buy the house from.

Oh Thanks, now i don't even remember the guy !

bought the house like 4 months ago ! lol

snip

What I found was that if you're constantly being beaten by a particular enemy, it usually because a) they're too high a leve or b) you may be approaching the whole situation in the wrong way. Try varying up the way you're attacking, throw some spells into the mix too. If you still can't defeat them, explore some more, level up and try again.

Oh Thanks, now i don't even remember the guy ! bought the house like 4 months ago ! lol

IRC you usually buy the house from someone in the main part (don't know the right word :p) of the hold ie the castle. I'd have a wonder around there and talk to everyone who isn't a guard.

Or look online and see who you buy the furniture from :p

What I found was that if you're constantly being beaten by a particular enemy, it usually because a) they're too high a leve or b) you may be approaching the whole situation in the wrong way. Try varying up the way you're attacking, throw some spells into the mix too. If you still can't defeat them, explore some more, level up and try again.
Thinking about it, I think there is a way I can backtrack and leave, so that would let me get back outside and fight some more enemies to level up a bit...I'll give it a go over the holiday weekend.

Thinking about it, I think there is a way I can backtrack and leave, so that would let me get back outside and fight some more enemies to level up a bit...I'll give it a go over the holiday weekend.

Unrelenting Force works against the vast majority of human enemies, but if you've discovered Saarthal before you have the shout then your only real option is to run. The enemy is Jyrik Gauldurson, if I'm not mistaken. He's a high-level Draugr, and therefore a difficult fight for virtually everyone. On the plus side, he won't leave Saarthal though, so you can run away and attack him again at a later date. I believe he also has access to shouts, such as the disarm shout. It's one of the most annoying ones to combat. I can't remember what Saarthal itself looks like, but if you see a long dinner table you can exploit it. Get Jyrik to run after you to it, and get on top of the table. The Draugr AI won't let him get on to the table, and the tables are wide enough that you can drop off one side when he swings from the other. Swing back, onto the table, swing some more, rinse, repeat, and jump around to avoid his shouts, and you'll be able to win.

Unrelenting Force works against the vast majority of human enemies...

Thanks for the advice. You were right, I had to go up against Jyrik Gauldurson eventually. As it is I was surprised how simple it ended up being. You're in the room with the orb, and there are two staircases up and down. I basically ran round in circles like an idiot for a bit until my mentor told me I could attack him, then I let all hell loose and took him down quite quickly.

I can't remember what I'm doing now, I think I'm looking for some books that were stolen. I attempted it once and got ambushed, so I need to try again.

So once upon a time I had some gloves where when you crouch behind an enemy and use the dagger whilst in sneak mode it would always cut to a ill cam assassination. I've since used different gloves and lost the originals, and alas I can't even remember which they were. I know there are gloves that grant a bonus to backstab, some one handed, some do similar things but word it differently if I remember correctly.

Does anyone remember which gloves thee were? I'm tempted to say assassins guild gloves?

mmm, scratch that it's a perk. Duhh. Wasn't doing it right.

• 3 weeks later...

I want the Dawnguard DLC to be as detailed as Oblivion's Shivering Isles Expansion Pack. That was freaking huge with more details.

I want the Dawnguard DLC to be as detailed as Oblivion's Shivering Isles Expansion Pack. That was freaking huge with more details.

Well I thought that was the plan. For them to release fewer dlcs but have them be on the scale of Shivering Isles.