[Official] CR-48 ChromeOS Laptop Shipment-Tracking

[Moved here]

Nice pictures up there. Hardware looks pretty clean and the chiclet keyboard is a nice touch. Seems to be really starved for USB ports; a minimum of two would be nice. Also is that the 3.5mm headphone jack at the back?

I heard about the signup 2 days ago, didn't sign up because I thought it was just about testing the Chrome OS. Didn't think they would be sending out laptops. DOH!

I signed up for it. But when asked if I would use it as my primary computer, I said no. That may have hurt my chances. Unless of course I can use quickbooks, flashget, and disby on the Chrome OS. But I told them I would use try to use it to replace my laptop next to my chair, assuming I can get some form of IM working and a VNC viewer.

Are these laptops yours to keep or do you have to give them back?

would love to know this myself but i have not been able to fined any way to tell

its basically wifi 3g data only

Try if you can access a terminal using the method described here. If yes, poke around in /proc/ - e.g. cat /proc/cpuinfo should tell you what kind of CPU at which speed is in the device.

Still do not know the clock speed and all those bits however, i was able to pull this from the google page about the device

* 12.1 inch LCD display

* Wi-Fi 802.11n

* Built-in 3G (Qualcomm)

* Flash based storage

* Webcam

* Full-sized keyboard

* Oversized touchpad

* 3.8 pounds

* 8 hours of run time with 8 days of standby time

* 10 second boot time

* Resume from sleep instantly

Or you could just boot off a LiveUSB and boot linux up.....

Again, do you get to keep these netbooks?

And can you state the answers used those who have recieved them? :p

Chrome OS is Linux at its core. He might as well access a CLI from within the OS itself rather than boot Linux from USB.

CR-48

*Intel Atom N550 dual core processor (1.5Ghz)

*8Gb SSD

*100Mb per month free 3G through Verizon for 2 years

No word on Ram yet :(

From What I understand from reading around the web people that got the google chrome bumper stickers from facebook AND signed up for this are on the top of the list as they are (eager) testers

Also a side note there are not currently any of these devices on ebay or amazon :p

From What I understand from reading around the web people that got the google chrome bumper stickers from facebook AND signed up for this are on the top of the list as they are (eager) testers

Also a side note there are not currently any of these devices on ebay or amazon :p

Still Im thinking there are problably some answers that will get you the netbook :)

But the answer on my mind is that if you have to give the netbook back. If you dont, then Ill fill out the form.

If you read the page it tells you that they GIVE you the netbook in return for them to send you different builds and have you send them feedback on the device and software.

I'm a bit confused as to the internet connection on this thing. It's has a regular WI-FI adapter AND a built in 3G adapter? So that means if you have a wireless router you don't have to buy the Verizon data plan? Or do you have to get the plan anyway?