Mass Effect 3

If you died at the end of ME2 they probably won't :p

I remember reading an interview a long time ago saying that if you died in ME2, you definitely can't bring your save over.

ok so Mass effect is turning into halo? this is bizarre! The voice was strangely familiar to Jason Statham's, heck the guy even look like him... Shepperd is turning into master chief, not sure if I like there this is going, can Bioware not be original and keep it original. Having said that the game probably will kick some serious butt and so will the storyline but this similarities to halo you get from the trailer are weird.

youre creating drama. there's very little detail right now. you cant assume things just from a 1 min trailer.

I regret not buying ME1 and ME2 when it was on sale on Steam. I recently ran out of things to play, and I feel like I'm really missing out now that ME3 is coming out.

i'd pay just about any amount of money for ME1 and 2. you should bite the bullet and buy them now. both are incredible games.

I remember reading an interview a long time ago saying that if you died in ME2, you definitely can't bring your save over.

One of the loading screens in ME2 had sth like this written

"Bring your character to ME3... if you survive."

So my ME1 and ME2 save from the Xbox 360 will roll over my decisions into ME3 I assume?

Yes, as long as your character was alive at the end of ME2 :p

Which really is impressive, given how many permutations of major and minor decisions there can possibly be in the game.

The announcement of this game has filled me with incomprehensible levels of joy. I seriously cannot wait for this game to come out. Kudos to BioWare for making such awesome games.

Like everyone else looking forward to this.

I'll be replaying ME2 next January, along with all the DLC which I haven't played yet.

So similarities to Halo are a bad thing?

Didnt say it was a bad thing, I would prefer something more original. I loved the Halo series as it was different something new.

youre creating drama. there's very little detail right now. you cant assume things just from a 1 min trailer.

Erm no not creating drama at all... I am commenting on what I am seeing in the trailer, and from what I am seeing it has a remarkable halo esque resemblance. I loved the first 2 games they were well polished with great storylines I just dont want the third having a similar story to halo, would prefer some originality. The trailer for me doesnt do the franchise justice if that is the direction this may go.

Didnt say it was a bad thing, I would prefer something more original. I loved the Halo series as it was different something new.

Erm no not creating drama at all... I am commenting on what I am seeing in the trailer, and from what I am seeing it has a remarkable halo esque resemblance. I loved the first 2 games they were well polished with great storylines I just dont want the third having a similar story to halo, would prefer some originality. The trailer for me doesnt do the franchise justice if that is the direction this may go.

I think you are making assumptions that just because involves aliens attacking earth its gonna be like halo. I think the decisions and story in this game is going to revolve a lot around the tension between the races, like the alliance and the turians. Decisions in the past game, like how your character acted towards other races will probably play a big role.

[...]

The only similarity is an attack on Earth. Would you prefer the attack to take place on the moon? I'm sure that didn't happen in Halo. All joking aside, there are bound to be similarities when dealing with the theme of hostile aliens. Sure, the trailer did resemble Halo 2 but I doubt the game will be anything like it.

O no two sci-fi series that have Earth as the home of humans and both have Earth attacked? Shepard is the problem so take out the problem by taking out Earth. It was the logical step as the humans are the pain in the repears asses.

ok so Mass effect is turning into halo? this is bizarre! The voice was strangely familiar to Jason Statham's, heck the guy even look like him... Shepperd is turning into master chief, not sure if I like there this is going, can Bioware not be original and keep it original. Having said that the game probably will kick some serious butt and so will the storyline but this similarities to halo you get from the trailer are weird.

Only someone who's trying extremely hard to look for reasons to hate a game would use the garbage reasoning above to downplay something.

"ok so wow, you're typing on a computer? this is bizarre! your typing is strangely similar to mine, heck, the font even looks the same....You're turning into me, not sure if I like where this is going. can you not be original and keep it original? having said that, i should probably focus on what you're saying rather than how similar it is to someone else, since that's what matters."

I think the trailer would do a lot better if they used a British guy for that voice considering that city is in the UK :p Though I am looking forward to the game.

in the future everyone will have american accents. even aliens!

The announcement of this game has filled me with incomprehensible levels of joy. I seriously cannot wait for this game to come out. Kudos to BioWare for making such awesome games.

This. (Y)

As I've stated before, I'm an avid (almost feral) Mass Effect fan. I loved the first one, and I loved (admittedly not at first) the second one. I've played them both several times all the way through, and I have no doubt that I'll replay them both right before I play this one.

I just wish it wasn't going to take another 11 months before we get ME3. The trailer makes the game look epic.

Anybody know when can we expect ME2 Ultimate Edition (with all DLCs).

The PS3 version will have all of the DLCs. And I'm sure there will be a GOTY edition released sometime before ME3 comes out.

Me thinks that some people on this thread should have a read of the novels, and perhaps the comics to gain a wider perspective on the Mass Effect universe. I personally hope that EA don't rush Bioware with this or upcoming titles (Dragon Age 2).

Me thinks that some people on this thread should have a read of the novels, and perhaps the comics to gain a wider perspective on the Mass Effect universe. I personally hope that EA don't rush Bioware with this or upcoming titles (Dragon Age 2).

i did :) While not the best work of literuature, they were quite worth it.

There has been a lot of speculation that Mass Effect 3 could include some multiplayer elements, well you can speculate no more.

Posting on the official Bioware forums, a moderator by the name of Pacifier put an end to that particular speculation, saying the following:

?Now that BioWare has officially announced Mass Effect 3 with their press release yesterday, I?m going back to my age-old thread closer here: Mass Effect 3 is a single-player game. Feel free to dissect the trailer in this thread, I suppose.?

So there we go, a ?single player game.?

Mass Effect 3 is due for release around this time next year on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Source