Rift MMO

Agreed, I'm having a blast, and a lot of people in game are as well.

There will always be crowds that aren't happy that a game doesn't 100% cater to them, that's just how things are now unfortunately. Let them move on, gives the rest of us having a good time more leg room. :p

Beyond the server queues first day (if you want to count that as a "major" issue) it seems Rift has had a very successful release. I hear it's doing well commercially, and it's on the Steam top sellers list. Servers are stable, new content is incoming, everything seems great!

and some of the warriors will be fixed

Nerf'd PvE dps (long overdue TBH), will make BM/Champ not the defacto raid spec. Buff's/fixes to paragon makes DW viable (ya!) and will make Champ/Par (or vice versa) the defacto raid spec (more than likely) with BM being close 2nd.

Bringing us moe inline with other specs of the various souls. As it should be.

I hit 50 yesterday!!!! YAY!

post-12218-0-57124200-1301228624.jpg

I did a CC run with my guild right before that, and I'm not hardcore, I just really enjoy playing an Assassin in MMO's. I set it up with points for the way I play. This was just a quick run with me and another 48, everyone else was just helping and they run T1. They kept telling me how good my DPS was as melee, and they were blown away at my buffs, ended up having a train longer then the tank of buffs, and they were saying how nuts that was. We were just having fun and even had the tank go down on the (I don't know) Elemental boss. Quickly switched to Bard and the Cleric, other Bard, and I cleared that boss no problem, no wipe. I'm surprised I didn't burn out before 50, and I'm amazed I'm still actually having fun, and not trying to make this fun for myself.

As soon as I hit 50 I had saved almost enough mats for the crafted lvl 50 armor, with augments, and runes, a guildie threw me the missing steeled leather and an augment. So right now my crit is something crazy like 420 meaning about 18% chance unbuffed, I have 50+ hit already from that armor, and also spent 3 plat on stillmoor faction rings to get me ready for some T1 stuff today. Still can't get my mount but it's because I power leveled my professions on my own. I spent the 35P I'm missing getting higher mats so I could have the armor as soon as I leveled. I never sold anything green, always broke. Now I'm vendoring everything until I get my mount and made 15 plat yesterday.

Then this Wednesday we get the huge content patch, with world event. This game is a blast, and there are so many people on Shatterbone, it's awesome!

Cheers!

So Rift is giving subs a trial code for up to 5 people to try out Rift this weekend. PM me if you'd like to give it a go.

Could have on the trial subs please? I'm really interested in starting up with an MMO again, and this one looks right up my street.

WJ6H-X2DY-9J3F-26QK-DR92 < Good for 4 more uses, note though that the trial codes only last till the 4th so I'm not sure how worth your while it will be considering the 9gig client download.

Visit www.RIFTgame.com/en/ally for instructions on how to apply your Ally Code.

As one of the awesome Ascended, you have embraced the souls of Telara?s fallen champions. You are a reborn symbol of hope, rooting out the evils spread across the land by the Blood Storm. But some still lay idle, refusing to face the riftspawn. Now is your chance to bring your allies to the war! Give these codes to friends who have yet to join you in RIFT, and they can play for free during the Allies of the Ascended special event.

Please note that the Ally Code only grants access during the dates listed below, so send it off to your friends today!

Send the instructions and code below to your chosen allies. This code can be redeemed five times, so send it to friends, post in on Facebook, or tweet it!

RIFT is holding a special Allies of the Ascended event. As my chosen ally, you can use this code to join me during the dates below, free of charge! Heed my call, and together we shall battle the Blood Storm!

Event Dates

6pm UTC April 1, 2011 through 6pm UTC April 4, 2011

Well I am now 11/12 in raiding for wow and with more real raid content not out till 4.2(mid summer at the earliest) I might be looking for a new mmo to pass the time. I don't like jumping in without trials but I have money that can be spent on whatever so I could just buy it. I read about the game but without playing I just don't know how it would really be so I guess for those of you that play right now if you have the time here is what I like and I guess you can say if its good or not.

My wow main is a Hunter(range pet class) I do enjoy the class but wouldn't mind something completely different on the melee end.(so like a example of a Rift class)

I enjoy raiding and instances how are these in Rift

I love large scale PvP. Everyone can do battleground type things but how does Rift do large scale and how quickly can I jump in?

Are the Rifts fun to do over and over again?

How are the quest? Does it quickly go to kill X very quickly or are there a number of story lines like in the revamped cata wow?

My wow main is a Hunter(range pet class) I do enjoy the class but wouldn't mind something completely different on the melee end.(so like a example of a Rift class)

I enjoy raiding and instances how are these in Rift

I love large scale PvP. Everyone can do battleground type things but how does Rift do large scale and how quickly can I jump in?

Are the Rifts fun to do over and over again?

How are the quest? Does it quickly go to kill X very quickly or are there a number of story lines like in the revamped cata wow?

1. Ever class has a pet soul, just depends on how good that soul is for what you are using it for compared to how good you are at pet management.

2. The instances are fun and hard. Become easier once you are geared and know the place (as expected). I find them more fun than WoW's. Though some encounters could be buffed and alot of encounters need enrage timers added to 'em (nothing like all dps dying on a boss and watching healer/tank spend 12 minutes killing 'em).

3. I rolled on a low pop PvE server so don't know much about world PvP other than it happened when we would camp. Currently re-rolling on a medium-high pop server and it's everywhere. BG's are fun also.

4. They are, though some of "story" ones get annoying when you can't skip the acting going on, but they are fun and provide some nice rewards that are needed.

5. Normal quests that all games have. They have epic story quests, that provide info on what is going and what not. I haven't actually read the quests, as my only goal is getting to 50 asap, though once on an alt I'll stop and read through 'em.

I do recommend doing research on a shard(server) before you start. Nothing is worse than leaving behind a toon with 300 shard-firsts, clearing all of T1 and some of T2 for shard-firsts, being the beast geared DPS war on guardian side and having 2k achievement points (snagging several shard firsts there also) just to have to re roll to find a more active population that fits your playtimes.

http://imgf.tw/265936964.png

/sigh didn't resize

19 warfront as a ranger (rogue class). Still lost and I didn't bother to go for the fang. Was just protecting it and taking out there healers asap. According to the guild I'm in and the shard forums only gets better as a guardian from here on out. :)

I know there isnt much time left on this event but just out of the heck of it, I went to the rift site on zam and it said I had all these keys assigned to me previously which... I never had been there before, if anyone wants one and they still work, I put them all on a pastebin, it was like a hundred or more keys, i didnt count.

http://pastebin.com/jm5ZnYXt

It felt a lot like wow 2.0 for me and I rather wait on a completely new setting like Star Wars then jump into another fantasy game atm. But I would point no mmo players to Rift over WoW as it is smooth and if there wasn't any SWTOR to look forward to this year I would jump ship.

Tried to use the key I got from the ZAM site and it told me

We are unable to redeem your voucher at this time. Please try again later.

I was really, really enjoying my time in RIFT. Sadly my month expired recently and I don't have the money to play at the moment. Hopefully will in May or June though. Had just played through my first rift encounter right before my account was frozen also! It was pretty intense stuff! :D

I was really, really enjoying my time in RIFT. Sadly my month expired recently and I don't have the money to play at the moment. Hopefully will in May or June though. Had just played through my first rift encounter right before my account was frozen also! It was pretty intense stuff! :D

Saw a 60 day time card on Amazon for 20 bucks couple days ago. Now it's 25, but still pretty cheap for two months of game time (compared to the retailed 15$ per month):

http://www.amazon.com/Rift-day-game-time-card-Pc/dp/B004K66O2S

Saw a 60 day time card on Amazon for 20 bucks couple days ago. Now it's 25, but still pretty cheap for two months of game time (compared to the retailed 15$ per month):

http://www.amazon.com/Rift-day-game-time-card-Pc/dp/B004K66O2S

Thanks for the link. Hopefully when I have the money next month or in June it'll still be that cheap for the time card.

Meanwhile, got a key for the free weekend and I'll be playing once again until Monday afternoon :)

for those that want to check out the game and etc look up rift on youtube there a guy on there that post vids on that game almost every day.

Can you be more specific :) ?

Well a article in this months gameinformer makes me want to really give this game a better shot. Hopefully next free weekend I get to do I can play the whole weekend.

So trying a beastmaster/warlord/champion spec atm kind of cool. Don't want to play to much incase I want to change servers, may also not even bother getting the game still but glad Im giving it a real chance.