Rift MMO

Open Beta just finished, that was awesome. Hopefully can get the money to pre-order.

Glad you enjoyed it! I can't wait till Thursday , after seeing the video on the end game (life dragon looks crazy) i can't wait to play.

Wife and I preordered and cannot wait for Thursday. Just so happened my work schedule has me off Thursday and Friday this week!!!

I give this one 5 months before they start laying off staff. Nothing about this game is unique or special in any way, its just another MMO to get crushed by WoW and the like.

I give this one 5 months before they start laying off staff. Nothing about this game is unique or special in any way, its just another MMO to get crushed by WoW and the like.

Read the other pages. It's not trying to renovate the genre, it's trying to make a polished and complete competator to WoW. It wants to be the Battlefield to Blizzard's Call of Duty (WoW)

So today is the day. What servers are you folks planning to play on?

While playing the beta I noticed that I could pick between EU and US servers (or perhaps that was during the installation, doesn't matter). Does that mean one will be able to play on either (EU/US) without having to buy a specific localized account?

While playing the beta I noticed that I could pick between EU and US servers (or perhaps that was during the installation, doesn't matter). Does that mean one will be able to play on either (EU/US) without having to buy a specific localized account?

yes, like most MMO's that are't WoW. the game lets you pick US or EU in the launcher.

So today is the day. What servers are you folks planning to play on?

Shatterbone, after a lnegthy debate with guild we realized we collectively too much of a pansy to roll PvP.

I will be buying it tomorrow through Steam and its a shame I can't pre download it

What is holding you back from pre-downloading? You just launch the launcher and log in and it patches. Steam itself does not install the full game or update it.

Yeah, trying to deal with thousands upon thousands of people flooding the game at once is not an easy thing to do. I find it funny people are actually throwing lawsuit threats at Trion over them not being able to get into the servers - have they never done a launch day? It's never an easy day for a company.

Yeah, trying to deal with thousands upon thousands of people flooding the game at once is not an easy thing to do. I find it funny people are actually throwing lawsuit threats at Trion over them not being able to get into the servers - have they never done a launch day? It's never an easy day for a company.

Took blizzard 3 expansions to get a proper launch day...Cata was perfect, but the ones before were a horror show

I just don't understand why a company can't prepare for a launch day. Take what you think you will need, and think the amount of people there will be and double or triple that. And you should be fine.

I know it's more complicated then that, but geez.

I just don't understand why a company can't prepare for a launch day. Take what you think you will need, and think the amount of people there will be and double or triple that. And you should be fine.

I know it's more complicated then that, but geez.

They only have one figure, and that is number of pre-orders. That has no impact on how many will show up, how many will buy right as beta starts (which is a surprising amount), how many will flock to what servers, etc. If they open too many they will get a Warhammer effect in that the population will end up being spread too thin, and servers will be killed off, etc. Not to mention, it's the fact that too many people are trying to get into one server, so even if they open more it does not help those that are set on one server. It's a very tricky thing to deal with.

Got in and created my character around 5PM and played for an hour, got to level 8 and out of the starting zone. Then my system crashed and I have been in queue ever since lol

Got on Perspice (PvE) shard within an hour or so of it being brought up. Formed a guild with some others. Having a blast.

Found some rare (i think) elite with like 3k HP when we were all level 8. Destroyed it!