Rift MMO

Currently at Level 42 with my Mage and still enjoying it. Though the past 2 weeks I haven't really played because I am doing other stuff, which is funny because I have been on vacation and should have had tons of time for it. Need to hit 50 though! Just paid for 6 months so I must keep playing!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a server that more then one of yall play on with active pvp around 8-11PM CST?

Yeah, i'd be interested in rolling on a PVP server that has a few neowinians on it

Looks like they're loading up the new pre 1.2 event today! loved the last one, can't wait to see what they do this time.

Just played a little bit during lunch, the invasion is pretty fun. I'm only level 15 and just found meridian in time for it to be invaded. Some new quests and quest rewards and saw a couple of shard firsts pop up for purple loot and quests completed. Looks like cities will have some massive invasions through events.

Looks good but I really can't dedicate my time now, two younglings etc. I also can't justify the cost when I can't play the game as long as I would like to. This is where guild wars 2 comes in...

The beta was fun...going to try the trial i guess. Wish these were $15/mo w/o having to drop $50 initially...

Rift digital download from amazon.com - $39.00

http://www.amazon.com/Trion-Worlds-40577Rift1-Rift-Download/dp/B004M191RQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305478111&sr=8-3

Rift 60 day timecard $19.00

http://www.amazon.com/Rift-day-game-time-card-Pc/dp/B004K66O2S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1305478111&sr=8-5

Should save you some $ :)

I just picked this game up a few days ago. I got the Digital Collectors edition, which is totally worth it IMO. Been having a blast, if anyone happens to be on the Crucia shard, hit me up with a PM and maybe we could group sometime :)

Alright, had more time to try the game out this weekend and so far, its really starting to grow on me. I'm a glutton for punishment so my first toon is a tank and now that i'm 17 i'm having fun hitting dungeons.. it took me forever to level with work & family life being crazy but unlike wow, i didn't feel like i had to cancel to get away from it.. which is a good thing.. most guilds on here don't seem to pressure you to keep up with the jonses. Hopefully over the next few days i'll get some dungeon runs under my belt to see how it compares to leveling in wow avoiding most of the quests :)

I'm running out of steam with it myself. I have one character at 45 and another few that I've stared - everything is becoming boring very quickly. I don't think I'll be renewing immediately once my 6 month package is up.

I picked up the retail Rift last weekend. So far I'm having a lot of fun with it. It is like WoW, but different. I like that it is like WoW because the interface is easy to pick up. I remember when trying to play AoC or DDO, I felt like they changed the gameplay and the interface just enough so they could claim that they didn't copy WoW, but it annoyed the crap out of me.

I've only made it to level 13 so far. Haven't done any dungeons yet...just questing and doing the rifts when they open. Leveling my profession. Its pretty mind numbing which I enjoy :p. The game also feels very well polished. Probably the first MMO I've played so closely to release that didn't still feel like a beta. Even WoW had a real beta feel with loads of bugs and server problems when it was released.

I'm running out of steam with it myself. I have one character at 45 and another few that I've stared - everything is becoming boring very quickly. I don't think I'll be renewing immediately once my 6 month package is up.

Just out of curiosity, how would you compare Rift with other MMOs you've played?

Well, slow. I had the most fun levelling in an MMO in WoW after the Burning Crusade came out.

The best MMO by far I've ever played is Guild Wars, and I still play that to this day, after 6 years. Sure, I have taken long breaks from the game and only play it lightly, but that's the beauty of it not having a subscription fee. I don't feel like I "have" to or "should" play it.

Hey look, another level grinding game! And fantasy genre!!! Wow, there's something fresh and new...

thanks to the drive-by reviews and screenshots, I'm convinced I won't ever try this game :)

Its pretty mind numbing which I enjoy :p.

Theres one born every minute...

Hey look, another level grinding game! And fantasy genre!!! Wow, there's something fresh and new...

thanks to the drive-by reviews and screenshots, I'm convinced I won't ever try this game :)

Theres one born every minute...

As opposed to another FPS/RTS/Sim/mario/cart/racing/tactical game?

puhhhleease :)

Rift is all that and then some. It took fantasy MMO to another level - not just graphically and with gameplay tweaks but the fact the game is stable as hell, constantly fixed and the developers seem to LISTEN to community feedback. Rift is winning some great talented players from other games too. Some great tankspot coverage and other goodies now. Pretty mature for a 1.2 release what 4 months into retail..

As opposed to another FPS/RTS/Sim/mario/cart/racing/tactical game?

puhhhleease :)

Rift is all that and then some. It took fantasy MMO to another level - not just graphically and with gameplay tweaks but the fact the game is stable as hell, constantly fixed and the developers seem to LISTEN to community feedback. Rift is winning some great talented players from other games too. Some great tankspot coverage and other goodies now. Pretty mature for a 1.2 release what 4 months into retail..

I played to 45.

The game is a mix and mash of every MMO in the last decade. I see a little of AoC, EQ2, WAR, WoW, even Aion aspects in the game.

Rifts remind me of WAR world PvP, a big cluster**** until things fall over, mindlessly spamming rotations with no real indication if it is actually having an effect on what is going on, when there is a large amount of people anyways.

There is no "another level" with Rift, don't try to feed people those lies.

It is just a nice familiar timesink with aspects taken from other MMOs, but done right... I do have to admit though... Rift is an extremely lush game. I've had a blast exploring the areas thoroughly.

There is no "another level" with Rift, don't try to feed people those lies.

It is just a nice familiar timesink with aspects taken from other MMOs, but done right... I do have to admit though... Rift is an extremely lush game. I've had a blast exploring the areas thoroughly.

Hate to break it to ya, but there is another level.

* Another level of support - developers actually fixing bugs/issues & releasing fixes timely

* Another level of playability - no crashes, no world servers down, no delays - it just works and if there are reboots, they're fast. Not many MMO's can claim the availability Rift has been able to pull off this close to launch

* Fun character builds that don't make you re-roll to play a similar class/spec

* Great UI out of Box

* Rich environments

Last time i checked, all games are a time sink.. I give rift major props for being extremely polished and playable for many times of play styles right out of the box

^ I don't mean to bash on Rift or anything as I don't really care but the points you bring up are something all WoW players are used to. Maybe not the "fun character builds that don't make you re-roll to play a similar class/spec" but that has been something that Blizzard actually removed from the game because too many new players didn't have a clue about what to do with all their talents, soooo ... wait and see.

Last time i checked, all games are a time sink.. I give rift major props for being extremely polished and playable for many times of play styles right out of the box

I'm not saying "timesink" like it's a bad thing.

I'd gladly sink time into Rift because of the feeling of familiarity it has of previous MMOs i've tried & played.

Right now in this dry period of gaming early in the year. before the major summer & winter titles are released, I think it is a very good thing.

But thats just the thing... The game feels like a filler. It feels like a stepping stone to bigger and larger titles. I can't help but feel that everytime I log in to essentially the same thing i've seen from MMOs in the last decade.