Neowin Digital Gallery - Yearly Edition 2011

I picked up the 50mm f1.4D today. This thing is gorgeous! Owned it less than 3 hours and snapped these:

The first and last are especially good!

I picked up the 50mm f1.4D today. This thing is gorgeous! Owned it less than 3 hours and snapped these:

Welcome to the party! :D It's an awesome lens. Nice shots!

Great shots everyone.

Nice shots!

food looks great, nice capture of the smoke!

Just a note, try not to use flash whenever POSSIBLE... unless of course you have an external flash!

Which do you guys prefer? These are both SOOC... Well they were taken RAW, so I basically just reverted back to the settings that the camera would have applied to the jpeg.

5385908877_e6f077e1cd.jpg

5385908539_2397e083e8.jpg

Which do you guys prefer? These are both SOOC... Well they were taken RAW, so I basically just reverted back to the settings that the camera would have applied to the jpeg.

I like the composition of the first one, but visually the second looks better to me (if that makes any sense).

I like the composition of the first one, but visually the second looks better to me (if that makes any sense).

Yeah that makes sense, I honestly think I like them both equally, I couldn't decide which to upload so I did both

edit: so essentially, what you are saying is, if I take the second photo again with the same composition as the first, I'll have a badass photo :p lol

They're both really cool. I think the 2nd one pops a bit more, though.

What is it, exactly?

Thanks, and there is a short description on flickr, but my parents just got back from Vegas and brought that home as a souvenir, its just a glow in the dark "jellyfish" inside a glass oval

I haven't posted over in the digital gallery so please be nice :) Had my Rebel XS for about a year and I'm just starting to get out of auto mode :D.

Welcome, GREAT first post here!

[snip]

Interesting! I like how the colors come out. I like the second one better which it stands out more.

I have added more albums to my site. I have about 5 albums on there so far. In case you have not seen any more since you saw my first album.

Interesting! I like how the colors come out. I like the second one better which it stands out more.

I have added more albums to my site. I have about 5 albums on there so far. In case you have not seen any more since you saw my first album.

Thanks I will check them out later tonight!

Good post Andre, 14-24 ftw!