Neowin Digital Gallery - Yearly Edition 2011

Yea I love water polo. Too bad there's only 32 minutes of game time (four 8-minute quarters) :(

I have not seen water polo before.. and it's weird that it is short game..

I used to play water volleyball a long time ago for fun.

Great pictures, by the way. I look forward to go out this weekend as it gets warm up around 60's degrees. So I could take some more pictures.

I have not seen water polo before.. and it's weird that it is short game..

treading water is hard :p (at least for me... i'm a sprinter, not endurance)

Great pictures, by the way. I look forward to go out this weekend as it gets warm up around 60's degrees. So I could take some more pictures.

thanks!

It's been 60s here for a while. really nice.

@remus_lupin Cool. Aside from fast shutter speeds, did you use an ND filter? It's quite handy when shooting very bright objects.

Made a timelapse last nite:

Thanks, and no I don't have an ND filter, the closest thing I have would be a polarizer (but as we both know that isn't the same thing) but I didn't need it, so I just brought my aperture to f/5 opposed to shooting wide open

Awesome time lapse, I wanted to do one also from inside the car!! (did you use a tripod in the back?)

only 320x240 as it was much longer, maybe tm at school I will upload a 720p version

this is so aggravating. youtube disabled the audio...

it seems to play here... maybe it's cause I linked it before they caught the copyright?

I liked that video :)

And that was a pretty long trip from your school. How long does it takes you to get back home?

I liked that video :)

And that was a pretty long trip from your school. How long does it takes you to get back home?

Thanks, I took the whole highway part out as well, it's only about 15 minutes each way in the car... I might bike a few times when the weather is warmer

Great shots btw

Well, these are all going to disappear in about a day when the February thread comes up, but whatever. I'll post.

Brand new locomotive!

Nice shots, lol @ the last...

Do you commute on the train, or do you just enjoy taking photos of them?

Nice shots, lol @ the last...

Do you commute on the train, or do you just enjoy taking photos of them?

I use them to commute to and from work every day, but I've been interested in trains since I was a little kid. I guess I never really grew out of it. :p

The bulb shots:

I was able to get close enough to take pics of it.

The middle one is cool, the first one is too dark for my liking... I did take a couple like that though, it is interesting to see.

5405579981_458c8affa1.jpg

An electrical fire at school^

The middle one is cool, the first one is too dark for my liking... I did take a couple like that though, it is interesting to see.

[snip]

An electrical fire at school^

The first picture was taken with black/white mode and no flash.

The second picture was taken with an external flash which you see the blurry reflection on the TV behind the bulb.

The third picture was taken at the bottom of the bulb.

Yeah it was interesting to see how they come out. Sometimes they don't come out good.

BTW, your picture, great shot.

Thanks, I like to hear how others set up there shots!!

I JUST took these, they came out okay I think, I got quite a few, most of them turned out about the same quality as these:

5406456814_1ac7d03133.jpg

5406457510_e5c87b2f3f.jpg

5406457254_af4df0c0d7.jpg

5405850309_9be343f5aa.jpg

^ I like those shots. Great colors.

I am sure it will look great if you try with a plasma ball. I have a disco ball somewhere, lol... I might take it out and take some shots of it.