Midnight, Pro & Green are back

If there ends up being a darkside, it'll be the last one. Its the biggest one thats a pain in the butt to do.

There is no if, just when.

Why should I be in bed? I stay up till roughly 11 PM at night, and wake up around 7 AM. Early in the morning bright stuff hurts my eyes, late at night it's more pleasant to browse darker sites. My monitor's brightness is not the problem (it's honestly probably lower than it should be), its the whites and other light colors shining when my room is dark thats the problem. I also use a simple black wallpaper on my monitors to keep brightness down when I am playing a game or something (I have dual monitors, so even when playing a game I still see my desktop).

Going from the black desktop background to the light grey or white of the majority color on Neowin forums (on every theme BUT darkside) rather hurts and often forces me to squint at least slightly until my eyes adjust.

It also doesn't help that a majority of other websites I browse are dark, or at least darker than Neowin....so going from one of them to Neowin is a pretty sharp change in contrast.

I read that as you being up at like 3 AM or something. :p

Also having some form of ambient light helps when browsing, for me anyway, reduces the sharpness of the bright screen on my eyes.

Came on today to find Midnight restored on my default, awesome :D

I think they made it default for everyone... because I never used midnight and when I logged in this morning it was set on midnight

Another vote for Darkside. I'm not doing all that much on this forum right now because I work at night, and this forum just looks far too bright and hurts the eyes far too much

Why is darkside the most work?

Honestly, I have no idea why it would be either. I've never used this board, but on the others I've used, it was pretty easy to make a theme

Its not like it's being rebuilt from scratch. They just have to tweak it. As far as I understand it, it's just different colours isnt it? I thought thats all a theme would be.

Why is darkside the most work?

Honestly, I have no idea why it would be either. I've never used this board, but on the others I've used, it was pretty easy to make a theme

It isn't as simple as making the background and various elements black/darker. The colours have to be tweaked as well.

But you already have the theme from the last version of the boards. So I wouldve thought it would be easy to port

See here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/962296-welcome-to-ipb-314/

The skins are being done from the ground up (rather than being updated from IPB 3.0).

I plan to do the rest tonight (not including Darkside, as TIman said that is another issue entirely).

But you already have the theme from the last version of the boards. So I wouldve thought it would be easy to port

As we said in the 3.1 Upgrade announcement, Atlas was completely recreated from scratch for this version of the board. We can't just import, we have to redo each one, hence the time it took to get just these three back up and running.

I hope you guys can get darkside, if not black is fine.

How about a darker theme for mobile version? I see with the new upgrade we got colors for mobile but I want dark!

Add back Red, Orange, Purple and Pink (*gives that look*) and I'd be happy. :)