bout to goto a girls work to tell her...

my current girlfriend and I were in a situation like this before we were together, only the guy was our best friend and he was basically obssessed with her, and I kept my mouth shut about my feelings. I kinda regret that because we missed out on about half a year of being together. We've been together for 8 months now and everythings great.

Guess the "moral" of the story is don't let opportunities like this slip through your fingers.

i was in the same situation as seethru... except i never got together with the girl... she broke up with our friend after about 4 months. apparently he was too insecure... maybe i never went for it because he was my friend... maybe because i was afraid of being insecure...(insecure about my own insecurity... :huh: ) and right now she's off in college and i havent left high school yet, (she's a little over 2 years older than i am) and i would like to think of myself as a brother to her... maybe i'm just disillusioning myself, but anyways, to spedanden, good luck, hope it works out the way you want it to. ;)

where do you dig up this stuff :huh:

post-7-1068613674.jpg

please note: 23 is a bit early. you should maybe date her for a while before asking her to marry you. that would be a REALLY good idea. there's a reason why the divorce rate in this country is so high. plus, having a good, stable job is always a plus. (not that you don't have a good job now, but typically people don't get good jobs till a bit later in life than 23.

WoW, suprised this is alive again. Alot has happened. Short of it, he came back from Chicago, she still cares for him and is too scared to make a life changing decision right now. She is the kind of girl that is optimistic, hoping he'll change and never wants to end a relationship. She had said from the getgo that she never knew what was gonna happen. But she liked me before him and still loves me. She knows we'll get married if we get together, and doesnt know if thats what she needs right now. Oh and just my luck, for her 21st bday last month I set up the best birthday present ever for her, a trip to LasVegas to see Celine Dion (her favorite). The concert was on the day of her bday and it was CANCELLED. Only show shes ever cancelled. And the other guy knows about me, atleast the way I feel about her. And thats about it, I'm pretty much waiting for my dream girl still. But it's still in my best interest to wait, soon as it's not....I wont. Ill answer any Q's if yah have any.

All I have to say is that you are a good man, and I believe you are truly showing her how much you do love her. Let me tell you, I have certainly been in a simialr situation and no matter what happens between you two, I would like you to know that you are top notch my friend! I hope that you do get what you want, and that you two are happy for a long time. IF you do get together and marry her, never forget how you feel right now....

heh, well tell her how you feel but dont go over the top with flowers etc. if you just say it casually then she will be less inclined to take it the wrong way, whatever happens good luck mate :)

Never just bring her flowers anyway.

Always send them to her work so she can be the centre of attention.

To be honest, until she breaks up with him i think its really insensitive and unfair to put such a burden on her.

"All is fair in love and war."

GO for it!! :D Good luck

You only live once, make your move - time is short!

edit: but don't make her rush into anything, I meant go for what you believe in and have no regrets! :D Good Luck!

i agree

Well this girl and I have been working together for about 2 years. I've always thought she was very beautiful and cool but one day she opened up around me. She started acting crazy like I do and just not caring what people thought which turned me on. THe way she acts around kids and talks of marriage drives me crazy because its exactly what i want. She, like me, doesnt know what she want's to do with her life, but she want's to just let it ride. Well she has a boyfriend in Chicago (im in mich. btw) that she says she loves, but everytime they talk it doesn't seem right. Last week she spilled to one of our co-workers that she has had a huge crush on me for about the same time as I've one on her. And since she spilled that we've talked and shes been sleeping in my bed for the last week...talking, mind you, because I'm not out to hurt anyone(even the f*** who has the girl of my dreams).  Iv'e told her to an extent what I feel and she was blown away, telling me things like shes never been told the things i've said, that this is the only time shes wished she was single. In bed at night and everytime I see her i can only just stare at her thinking of nothing in particular but just the simple fact to look at her, which makes her smile and cover her face. She doesnt know but at night when shes sleeping i sit up for hours just watching her sleep, thinking of what could be. I think this girl is "it". I want her to have my kids and be with me forever. I wont come out and say that, unless you guys think it would be ok. But im gonna take her a rose and the water she wanted me to bring her and tell her this while shes at work, which is spencers gifts in the mall (i work with her at suncoast). She doesnt get a break today but it's usually slow in there. Should I just bring the rose and water and ask her if she want's to talk now or later? Or should i go in there give them and ask her if she sees me as someone she want's to be with for a long time and not just to be with someone (which i think she does).  Any suggestions would be great, preferrably from adults or people with maturity. Oh im turning 23 very soon and shes turning 21 soon. Thanks for any replies.

kill the other guy and make your move. quoting stiflers little brother: "pu$$y man, im here for the pu$$y."

Spedanen, you seem liek a pretty cool guy. You are on neowin, how could you not be....But if my girlfr... fromer girlfriend was sleeping with some guy...I would go and beat the **** out of him regardless to what he was doing... lol i am aware that this is really late, but don't do stuff like that untill it is over between them, no matter how much you love her he loves her too, unless i missed/forget something. So to sum, get her to break it off beffore you do stuff with her. Because you never know when you wil find yourself ont he ass end of the same situation.

WoW, suprised this is alive again. Alot has happened. Short of it, he came back from Chicago, she still cares for him and is too scared to make a life changing decision right now. She is the kind of girl that is optimistic, hoping he'll change and never wants to end a relationship. She had said from the getgo that she never knew what was gonna happen. But she liked me before him and still loves me. She knows we'll get married if we get together, and doesnt know if thats what she needs right now. Oh and just my luck, for her 21st bday last month I set up the best birthday present ever for her, a trip to LasVegas to see Celine Dion (her favorite). The concert was on the day of her bday and it was CANCELLED. Only show shes ever cancelled. And the other guy knows about me, atleast the way I feel about her. And thats about it, I'm pretty much waiting for my dream girl still. But it's still in my best interest to wait, soon as it's not....I wont. Ill answer any Q's if yah have any.

Sorry to put a negative on this whole thing here, but it sounds like she is greatly taking advantage of you. She has the benefit of two boyfriends giving her all the gifts, comfort, love, and support she needs. However, she only has to give to one person, her boyfriend. I say tell her do it now, or start looking elsewhere. You are at the best time in your life to find someone who cares enough about you to actually commit to you. She has some real issues, as do you, regarding what it means to commit. You see, she keeps you at a friends level, but you give her what a boyfriend would. She knows you will be there no matter what (I am sure you have said this before?). Why should she leave her boyfriend? She has a great thing going right now.

I had something kinda like this once, as soon as I told her to **** or get off the pot - because I was asking out another girl - she committed. We got married 4 years later and have been married for > 5 years now.

I say this with all due respect, OK? Get your head out of your ass and get a grip on reality. There is no GOOD reason for her to still be with him if she REALLY feels like you say. Period.

Sounds to me like you are paying full price for only half a meal, dude. :no: