F1 World Championship 2011 Thread

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

• Red Bull Renault
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Ferrari
    • Mercedes GP
    • Lotus Renault GP
    • Williams Cosworth
    • Force India Mercedes
    • Sauber Ferrari
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso Ferrari
    • Team Lotus Renault
    • Hispania Racing Team Cosworth
    • Marussia Virgin Racing Cosworth
  2. 2. Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Jenson Button
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Felipe Massa
    • Michael Schumacher
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Nick Heidfeld
    • Vitali Petrov
    • Rubens Barichello
    • Pastor Madonaldo
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Paul di Resta
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Sergio Perez
    • Sebastian Buemi
    • Jaime Algersuari
    • Other (specify below)

Brilliant defensive driving from MSC, some would say a bit too much, but I don't think so!

I'd love to see MSC get a podium, and also Senna to be up there in the points.

I would say a bit too much, many times schumacher moved twice when defending, pushing people to the grass, Mercedes isnt even in the same class as McLaren he ruined Hamiltons race.

I would say a bit too much, many times schumacher moved twice when defending, pushing people to the grass, Mercedes isnt even in the same class as McLaren he ruined Hamiltons race.

Indeed, I made that comment before he started making two defensive maneuvers, but I am inclined to agree with you. Surprised that he had no penalty from it.

MS was awesome, ham just coulndt find that little bit extra :p

the opening lap, i thought MS was taken out as well. good thing Petrov was taken out there :p

MGP have got to make a winning car next year, if MS can keep the 2nd best cars behind his 4th best car, just imagine...

schumi wow that was great racing! :woot:

he still got it and i hope he ll get a better car next year + extends his contract to 2013. he certainly still enjoys racing - everyone could see that today.

Hamilton ruined his own race when he fell asleep after the SC restart. Also Schumacher was brilliant today, just wish he had a top car.

No Schu ruined Hamiltons race by flaunting the rules like he always does forcing people off the track and making too many defensive moves, there was no way he could hold off Hamilton for the full race there was no reason to hold him up so badly.

Even Ross Brawn had to tell schumacher twice to cool it down and leave a gap and Team Principals rarely speak to drivers during race.

What are everyone's opinions of the Circuit of the Americas track that is debuting in it's first F1 race next year? I'm excited to have a F1 track so close to home, and it double as a MotoGP track as well. It's a 3.4 mile track with twenty turns and a top speed of 200 mph. For those of you unaware of this track's construction the link is here. It will become a permanent track for Formula One racing as of 2012 in it's debut. For any Australians, it is now a track for V8 Supercars as well.

No Schu ruined Hamiltons race by flaunting the rules like he always does forcing people off the track and making too many defensive moves, there was no way he could hold off Hamilton for the full race there was no reason to hold him up so badly.

Even Ross Brawn had to tell schumacher twice to cool it down and leave a gap and Team Principals rarely speak to drivers during race.

I agree that one incident where he did two manoeuvres was wrong but apart from that Schu had every right to block Hamilton. If Hamilton had a longer 7th gear he would have put one on him much sooner. Button proved it was easy to pass him though.

Whitmarsh says Schumacher's driving at Monza was 'pretty harsh'

Michael Schumacher has been accused of 'pretty harsh' driving in his robust defences against Lewis Hamilton during the Italian Grand Prix.

The Mercedes GP driver battled hard with Hamilton over much of the Monza race, and at one point forced the British driver on to the grass at the Curva Grande so as to avoid a collision.

Hamilton complained about Schumacher's driving on the team radio many times, and his team boss Martin Whitmarsh has said that he too was not happy with what he saw.

Asked for his verdict on Schumacher's driving, Whitmarsh said: "Pretty harsh. I am not the least impartial but the fact is, I think he was warned twice by the stewards during the event so they presumably saw it was a bit tough. I think the one where he had Lewis on the grass was a scary as hell."

Whitmarsh believes that Hamilton handled the situation brilliantly - and tempered his frustration well.

"He had a fair amount of provocation and frustration in that race, and I think someone drove him off the circuit pretty aggressively at one stage.

"He could, at the first corner, have stuck it out for second and lost a wing, but he was calmer than I was throughout that phase, so congratulations to him.

"He is growing and developing. He is going to win some races this year and set some of those [recent] issues behind him."

Source: Autosport

I respectfully disagree, Mr. Whitmarsh. Schumacher's driving was hard but fair, and proof that he hasn't lost his racecraft at all. Hamilton's complaints reek of Mansell-like whinging.

@Meph: if you define racecraft as breaking the rules, then no, he hasn't lost it at all :) It's damn hard to see Schumi's double-move as anything BUT a double-move, yet he only got a warning saying "don't do it again". Reverse the roles, and if Lewis was the one who double-moved to block Schumi, everyone would be slamming him for being so aggro and breaking the rules. As for forcing Lewis on to the grass, it could go either way with the stewards. Sometimes they get given, sometimes they don't. Again, IMO, that was a bit far, but nowhere near as far as the double move.

It's all in the past now, but Schumi did double-move, and I just can't see how anyone can say he didn't.

Schumi did double-move.

And he should have pitted earlier. But it wasnt as dangerous as its been said. It was ok. Both drivers are capable enough to handle such tough driving.

It was fun.

lol i think its pretty funny that many in f1 who achieved pretty nothing now are full back bashing schumacher again. it shows for me that sdchumacher is back and 2012 wont be his last year im certain about that. its simply amazing that this guy still can battle with the very bests. many others go in the f1 for the fame, dont know why maybe its really like that they have a small dick and try to impress the women with "hey im an f1 driver". but schumacher only is in f1 for the sport itself and ofc. very very hungry for success. he wont give it up before he at least wins a race with mercedes.

former ferrari technical director aldo costa is rumored to join brawn and schumi at mercedes. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, judging from the results, it seems this is a "car's track".

If only Koba didn't crash and Senna didn't have Aryton genes in him, we might had seen perfect sister car pairings.