F1 World Championship 2011 Thread

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

• Red Bull Renault
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Ferrari
    • Mercedes GP
    • Lotus Renault GP
    • Williams Cosworth
    • Force India Mercedes
    • Sauber Ferrari
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso Ferrari
    • Team Lotus Renault
    • Hispania Racing Team Cosworth
    • Marussia Virgin Racing Cosworth
  2. 2. Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Jenson Button
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Felipe Massa
    • Michael Schumacher
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Nick Heidfeld
    • Vitali Petrov
    • Rubens Barichello
    • Pastor Madonaldo
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Paul di Resta
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Sergio Perez
    • Sebastian Buemi
    • Jaime Algersuari
    • Other (specify below)

mclaren2: Face it: Massa is not a number one driver. He only looked like one because his team mate in 2008/09 was a) unmotivated and b) hindered by cars which for the most part didn't suit his driving style.

He will remain the #2 - er sorry, #1b - at Ferrari for 2012.

mclaren2: Face it: Massa is not a number one driver. He only looked like one because his team mate in 2008/09 was a) unmotivated and b) hindered by cars which for the most part didn't suit his driving style.

He will remain the #2 - er sorry, #1b - at Ferrari for 2012.

as long as this so bad number 2 driver was much much closer to winning a wdc with ferrari than santanderlonso ever will be i have no problems facing it. :whistle: ferrari is destroying themselves since germany 2010 and you could see it this year again. costa was fired but he was the last one being able to bring working upgrades to the ferrari car. since summer they are totally lost they dont know why they are fast nor do they know why they are slow. even domenicali said so.

you seen the pitstops today didnt you? what was the logic behind ferraris? wasnt the goal to put alonso at least in 2nd position in wdc order?

today they were racing mercedes - pathetic! but i guess as long as santander is paying for this show - and even if its a bad one - they will accept. real ferrari fans however dont. they are mostly gone (with schumacher to mercedes) or silent in shame about what happening in maranello.

Real Ferraristi have endured much worse seasons than this year's. Were you around in 1992/93, when Ferrari was beyond awful? Or 1996, when they only won thanks to Schumacher's race craft?

They will bounce back eventually. And it is going to be Alonso fighting for race wins or the championship. Not Massa.

ferrari really needs to try harder to destroy massas race, because today he was fighting like a monster. even a full lenght more pitstop (6.4 seconds instead of those 3.2 for alonso) did not send him behind. and glad for alonso this was not a normal race track because on a normal race track if you miss the braking point by 50 meters you are done. and still massa was in front. so what did ferrari have to do. of course, pit massa then release him right into traffic of some force india. for several laps! and let alonso stay out for 4 laps or so longer. then it was done. i dont see this working anymore, anyone seen how massa waved away after crossing the start/finish line? clearly he is on his way out - and after today rightfully so - maybe partnering schumacher at mercedes next year?

Cf8wF.jpg

Cf8wF.jpg

whats your ****ing problem? i would welcome if you post something constructive or just stfu. or rewatch the race. you ll see how massa got held up with both of his pitstops therefore falling behind alonso. he had him in the bag today but ferrari screwed it up - not the first time.

whats your ****ing problem? i would welcome if you post something constructive or just stfu. or rewatch the race. you ll see how massa got held up with both of his pitstops therefore falling behind alonso. he had him in the bag today but ferrari screwed it up - not the first time.

XwDa2.jpg

okay maybe im not getting this, could someone enlighten me who that balded guy is? thanks :p

He's on Dexter.

thx. just read through the dexterwiki ... ouch :/

Good race, Vettel pretty much sealed the deal with this race. Feels as though we're back in another Schumacher era with Vettel winning most races though. :laugh:

I think there's something bothering Hamilton that we don't know about mind you. Who knows what it is but there's gotta be something.

Good race, Vettel pretty much sealed the deal with this race. Feels as though we're back in another Schumacher era with Vettel winning most races though. :laugh:

I think there's something bothering Hamilton that we don't know about mind you. Who knows what it is but there's gotta be something.

Agreed both points. Vettles super fast , Hamiltons been sulking for a while, Since that rhiana singer b1tch appeared at the Canadian? GP in the paddock while the race was under red flag for rain, Shes got a voodoo spell on him...:D

here again, and as so many announacements went off in silence i announce again the big 4 part series called: "Felipe Massa 4 ever: The Ferrari Years 2007-2009"

initially i was planning to upload these 4 part series on youtube but that is not working for some bug related exclusively on youtube - only.

i did nothing wrong. i spent like 10 hours to find, collect, cut and mix videos + soundtracks and was so angry that youtube did not let me upload it in normal quality ....

so i had do something else:

QUzbN.jpg

and part 1 and 2 are ready for download right now:

part1 : http://www.multiupload.com/VX949XCKB1

part2: http://www.multiupload.com/KCH7C33L3X

enjoy! and if some1 has an idea how to up this on youtube pm me privately ty.

clearly he is on his way out - and after today rightfully so - maybe partnering schumacher at mercedes next year?

Yes, because Michael Schumacher is FAMOUS for not making himself the #1 driver in the team, and when he was Massa's teammate last time around they both got an even shot at the WDC.

F1 is already a high pressure job without the added pressure of the media and ex-drivers destroying him after every accident, compare how other drivers get treated, during Singapore Hamilton just clipped Massa where as Schumacher drove over the back of Perez, the BBC, forums, ex drivers and Motoring sites spent the entire time destroying Hamilton while everyone ignored Schumacher.

No one deserves that kind of pressure on them, they put a ridiculous amount of pressure on top of the high pressure of been an F1 driver and then seem surprised when accidents happen.

I'm amazed he's still in F1 I'd have quit by now that kind of pressure can't be good for you.

Yes, because Michael Schumacher is FAMOUS for not making himself the #1 driver in the team, and when he was Massa's teammate last time around they both got an even shot at the WDC.

michael schumacher is a gr8 leader first and foremost. under schumachers leadership ferrari performed amazingly well, also massas confidence reached new highs. i guess there is lots of evidence and little which supports otherwise.

or to put it in a picture:

n_athletic_de_bilbao_otros_deportes-665076.jpg

compare the ferrari logo on the left = ferrari during schumacher

ferrari logo on the right = ferrari since alonso

i remember in the first race of 2006 for ferrari massa was spinning out halfway through the race.

in the 3rd race right after the start. then schumacher took him aside and few races later he improved very much, beating schumacher in turkey and brazil, also he lead in suzuka just to be stopped by a slow puncture.

in 2007 he could have won the title given a reliable car in monza and in 2008 he was worldchampion for 35 seconds until timo glock (who is betting on race results btw who would have thought that......) decided to lift a bit and let hami through....

a mercedes team under brawn with drivers schumacher / massa and technical director aldo costa, now take chris dyer in and you already have ferrari 2006 with an much improved massa and a schumacher relaxed from the burnout.

they could do amazing im sure about that.

Formula One coming to New Jersey in 2013

Formula One, the international motorsport that has struggled mightily to gain a foothold here in the United States wherein their open-wheel cars make both left and right turns, is officially coming to New Jersey in 2013. Yo, Pauly D's totally gonna try to jump Tamara Ecclestone, right?

We first heard rumors that an F1 race was heading to the New York area last year. But we didn't really start hearing that strong techno bass beat from the rumor-mill until this August.

Now, the Wall Street Journal is reporting this morning that an announcement will come on Tuesday that a new race — the Formula One Grand Prix of America — will take place in June 2013 on a road course mapped out in Weehawken and West New York along the Hudson River. With a backdrop of the Manhattan skyline.

Although the Formula One currently has a 19-event calendar, the last U.S. race took place at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway way back in 2007.

But, this won't be the first 'merican Formula One race. As you surely remember, last May, F1 announced a plan to return to the U.S.

The Formula One Grand Prix of America will be held in November 2012 at a $250 million purpose-built racetrack in Austin, Texas. That means the Grand Prix in New Jersey will be the second U.S. race on the 2013 calendar.

I seriously can't wait for the New Jersey Grand Prix. I'm really happy for the Indian Grand Prix in Delhi but I"m not at home at the time it's taking place so that's why!

Hamilton and Perez given grid penalties

Lewis Hamilton and Sergio Perez have been handed grid penalties for the Indian Grand Prix.

Both drivers will be relegated three places on the grid for Sunday’s race.

The stewards judged both had failed to slow sufficiently when passing double waved yellow flags at the end of the first practice session.

Source: F1Fanatic