WYSISWYG Editor has gone

A few days ago I tried to make a post and instead of the usual WYSISWYG editor I see this one where if I add formatting or an image I just see bbCode? I can find nowhere in settings to correct this, what is happening?

I see, any estimate on when it is likley to return?

It'll probably come back when the fix for it has been found. I've experienced the bug in the past on other forums I frequent, and it's immensely frustrating to lose a post to it. I've grown to prefer the BBCode editor again though because it doesn't show images in the posting box. Keep an eye on the thread though, because in all likelihood there'll be an update as soon as it returns. At least, I hope that would be the case.

Chances are is that it'll come back after the next IPB update, if they patch it in that time.

BBCode is more efficient to use anyway once you memorise what to put, it's dead simple in comparison to HTML.

• 2 weeks later...

Did this also get rid of special characters? My signature used to have a heart in it and that changed to a bunch of random characters yesterday. When I attempted to re-enter it, it's now a question mark instead. :unsure:

Thats to do with the character set that Neowin uses I think. You just need to use a UTF-8 symbol. :0 .. I think...

Thats to do with the character set that Neowin uses I think. You just need to use a UTF-8 symbol. :0 .. I think...

What changed, though? It was fine until a few days ago.

-runs to the character map-

Chances are is that it'll come back after the next IPB update, if they patch it in that time.

BBCode is more efficient to use anyway once you memorise what to put, it's dead simple in comparison to HTML.

I thought a post had been made that we are not going to update IPB any further and that the Devs were working on a proprietary Forum Format that they were going to use moving forward after the successful launch of our Ignition Engine?

What changed, though? It was fine until a few days ago.

-runs to the character map-

Blame gigapixels, he's been messing with the forum encoding settings.

Blame gigapixels, he's been messing with the forum encoding settings.

*shakes fist* let's blame him even if he hasn't been messing with anything :shifty: