Battlefield 3

Bad Company 1 had amazing single player. The first trailer they had showing 2 characters talking with the narrator had me hooked. Loved playing through it and enjoyed way more then the MP. BF2 and 2142 both were leaps and bounds ahead of BC.

Plus new trailer added to OP.

Was just gonna say, Trailers up.

And all I have to say, JETS ARE CONFIRMED!

I saw a fly by, helicopter, tanks(of course), etc. Im glad there actually working truthfully on the PC version because I dont think its possibly to bring jets to the Console, if it is, more power to them, but as of now, I WANT MY BF2 EXPERIENCE BACK!

Oh my goodness! That teaser trailer left a tingling sensation in my... :pinch:

This is the game I've been waiting for. Finally, a true successor to Battlefield 2. Seeing that jet fly in the teaser trailer left me drooling. I really hope they do MP right - so much that I'd rather they scrap the SP campaign and focus on perfecting the same MP recipe that made BF2 so enjoyable.

I think I might even have to buy a new gaming rig for this game.

Was just gonna say, Trailers up.

And all I have to say, JETS ARE CONFIRMED!

I saw a fly by, helicopter, tanks(of course), etc. Im glad there actually working truthfully on the PC version because I dont think its possibly to bring jets to the Console, if it is, more power to them, but as of now, I WANT MY BF2 EXPERIENCE BACK!

There was airplanes in 1943 so I don't see why it would be impossible to do jets on the consoles.

There was airplanes in 1943 so I don't see why it would be impossible to do jets on the consoles.

The planes in 1943 compared to the Jets in BF2, i believe the jets are much more complex. The planes in 1943 are cartoony and basic.

@Anaron: Same here man. I was planning on getting a 595 GTX once it releases spring/summer but I might just go full out new PC and make it a Bulldozer / Dual GPU Fermi upgrade.

Hmmm dont know, but I do know ill be buying whatever version of this game they will have. Normal / Limited / Special Collectors Edition, etc. I will easily buy the highest version available.

Well I haven't ever played 1943 so I don't know how they worked in that game but I don't think jets would be that much harder to make and control. Not that I really care about what they do on the console versions. :rofl:

The planes in 1943 compared to the Jets in BF2, i believe the jets are much more complex. The planes in 1943 are cartoony and basic.

@Anaron: Same here man. I was planning on getting a 595 GTX once it releases spring/summer but I might just go full out new PC and make it a Bulldozer / Dual GPU Fermi upgrade.

Hmmm dont know, but I do know ill be buying whatever version of this game they will have. Normal / Limited / Special Collectors Edition, etc. I will easily buy the highest version available.

I'll wait until the absolute end to buy the best of the best (within my budget, of course). I won't compromise either. I'll get a high quality headset, gaming mouse/keyboard, 24" monitor, SSD (for faster load times), etc. (Y) :)

I have all that covered haha. 2 24" LED ASUS Monitors, ****ing beauitful. G15 + G700, Astro A40s 2011 Edition Wireless, 2 1TB Blacks in RAID, etc.

So all I need is just a GPU upgrade to be honest, but might go full if I have the money. Would love bulldozer, AMD is making it sound really good and with fusion picking up so quick, I believe bulldozer will be impressive.

Well I haven't ever played 1943 so I don't know how they worked in that game but I don't think jets would be that much harder to make and control. Not that I really care about what they do on the console versions. :rofl:

Haha ok. The planes were basically, up/down/left/right shoot. There was no complexity like missles, cockpit views, targeting system, fly bys, dodging lock on, flares, etc.

I dont think either console can be pushed hard enough so you can actually fly a BF2 jet around the map.

But same with the "i dont care what they do with the console version". This is a PC GAME, console people can go away.

Yeah im waiting for bulldozer i was going to upgrade to Sandybridge but after the faulty hardware fiasco AMD will be my next upgrade.

There was no fiasco, more like a they saw their error and recalled it. It will be fixed soon and then you can have the best again.

CXRfU.png

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!

This is it! We are very excited to announce the first details on Battlefield 3 and to kickstart the preorders for the Limited Edition!

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

Battlefield 3 will release this Fall. You can preorder the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at www.battlefield.com now. The exact contents of the Limited Edition will be revealed around GDC.

Co-op campaign.

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

Just one request from me. LESS DUST. Particle effects are the bane of my life (Well my Pc's anyway).

If they can't reduce it at least have an option to turn it off.

I'm gonna say this as nicely as possible: **** you, DICE.

I love BF2 and I've been having a pretty good time with Bad Company 2, but DICE's support just plain sucks. Years waiting for patches, no communication with the community, cancelling stuff left and right... they're the Creative of the games industry -.-