Battlefield 3

It would be nice if it was bug free on release and we don't have to wait two plus years. Even now BF2 is still buggy and has to be reinstalled from scratch all of the time. Right now you get slaughtered the better your bandwidth. Ok that is a given but is sure would be nice to make it a little better. If they can remove cheats/cheaters then that would be golden. It would also be nice if they prevented macros for the keyboard and mouse so people stop cheating with macros. Right now in BF2 you can switch from seat 1 in cobra to seat 2. It would be nice if they only allowed you to switch seats in a helicopter or jet on the ground. After all that is the way it is in real life. BF2 is fun as hell but when there are players who have a ping of 15 or less then you really get beat up and cheats are no fun too.

PLEASE DONT MAKE THE JETS OVERPOWERED.

Don't want to see bf3 become a flight simulator like bf2 these days :/ (either that or infantry only karkand :p)

That is what makes BF2 so fun. The game play is so much different between a map with all vehicles vs one with mostly flying vs one with only infantry. Some times I want to do everything, some times I want to dog fight in a jet, bomb with the bombers, attack with helos, play infantry only, knife only, pistol only. Its a blast.

as good as this sounds i'm still leaning on them ruining it cause frostbite is just bleh... I've gone back to playing bf2 pr mod instead of bc2.

Lets hope they don't jam it full of unrealistic junk or not enough stuff like bc2.

1 DLC in a whole genre full of fps that americans are the main protagonists?

Whoopdedoo

Hey, its better than nothing. No offense, but I've never really heard of major wars that the British played a major role in that would make me want to play.

Gamestop now has Battlefield 3 listed for pre order, but here's the thing; they don't have it listed as limited edition and it's for $59.99 while the ea store has the limited edition for $49.99. I wonder if Gamestop will adjust their price?

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=1276&loc=homeflash1

http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/ThemeID.718200/productID.224766400

Going by 1942/Vietnam/BF2/BF2142/Modern combat/BC/BC2 its always the US.

The sides in 2142 were the EU and the PAC, lol. But, I acknowledge that's just one game.

Hey, its better than nothing. No offense, but I've never really heard of major wars that the British played a major role in that would make me want to play.

That doesn't really matter. The trend right now is just a modern warfare setting, and the British are deployed in enough places to give us plenty of fictional battle scenarios to build a solid game out of anyway. Besides, as long as there's a modern setting, does it really have to be real? It can be historical fiction or something.

I love how most threads on Steams battlefield sub-forum looks. "JEEEEEEEEEEEEETS!!!", "PLAAAAAANEES!!!!1"

Also, speaking of preordering. Ill hold of untill it hits steam.

Read this...

container_bgr_EN.jpg

You literally just made my day. ALL I have been asking for since the new Battlefields was a new version of Karkand. Literally that is ALL I have wanted. (Y)

I think I very well may just go ahead and order it through EA now for the $49.99. While like most others, I prefer the Steam version, but a few things are making me think the EA order may be better. First off, the friends list for BF is usually handled right in game, so while it is nice to have the friends list on Steam, does not make a huge difference since BF itself has the friends list in the game itself. I also recall that Crysis went on sale through the EA Download manager initially for $49.99 just like this, and that only lasted for a little while, and it was eventually raised to $60. I also have a feeling even when it does hit Steam, it will not be $49.99 and will be $60... So really leaning towards just getting it now and sucking it up with the EA Download manager. I just reinstalled it on my comp, and the only 2 games I have for the EA downloaded are the Armored Forces and Euro Forces expansion pack for BF2, so will be pretty easy to manage my game library through it as well.

Decisions, Decisions. :laugh:

I just preordered this on the 360 today at Gamestop. In Canadian, $79 freaking dollars. *sigh* Oh well, it'll be epic. I'm only a super casual gamer nowadays, hence my abandonment of my PC roots (that, and there has been no true original Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon successor to keep me on-board). Exception being Portal 2, lol.

PS - Any 360 BC2 players around? I'm looking for some friends to play with more tactically. Though warning, I suck (for KD obsessors, I'm currently hovering at 0.8 and very slowly going up, lol).

I cannot explain to you guys how excited I am..

I've been super hardcore Battlefield series player since the very first 1942 a decade ago really. I was so skeptical about BF3 and afraid they will mess it up and not do it justice but it seems they are really pushing this to be true BF experience.

Here is my take on it...

BF3 will have both BF2 and BC2 ideas integrated, which to me... is a brilliant thing! I love BC2, I know a few people don't and prefer BF2, but if you can join the mechanics of both BF2 and BC2 together into one game, we have something seriously impressive.

Jets, yes! I wasn't very good in BF2 so I hope the controls become a little easier, afterall, consoles will have the advantage because of the controllers, but mouse and keyboard is a little bit of a nightmare to be honest.

64 players, **** yes! Seriously peeps, 64 players means one thing, bigger maps than what BC2 has to offer which is epic, more tanks, transport, helicopters etc, just hell yes!

Another thing with the game art, buildings, city buildings. Obviously we're not going to be running up 30+ flights of stairs on top of a skyscraper (I know skyscrapers have more than 30 floors :p ) and sit off and snipe people, but I can see a lot buildings to buildings rockets being used in this game, probably be a few blocks in regards to map sizes or a small area and focusing on a couple of streets.

Night.. Hmm, will be interesting to see how this plays, BF2 had one or two darker maps but it'd be interesting to have a full on night map with lights and stuff, should make a good game, but I can see myself playing lighter maps more.

I really hope they re-make the popular maps. If not, I'll still be happy with the Strike at Karkand re-make.

I really hope they re-make the popular maps. If not, I'll still be happy with the Strike at Karkand re-make.

Can you imagine that Strike at karkand map as we enter the city and you are capping that first flag on that balcony of sorts and their tank now shoots and blows up half the building with particles and smoke everywhere.. Holy crap... that map will be absolutely sick..

I absolutely LOVED the Sharqi Peninsula.. my second best map but let's not fool around... all maps were freakin' unbelievable.. especially the feeling of Gulf of Oman as we are boarding Blackhawks with teams and taking off from the carrier while the jets fly over us and we are starting the invasion of shores of Oman and fight across the beach to push them back from the flags..

Wow what a game.. I can't even imagine how good these things will/would look with Frostbite 2.0.

I to LOVED Sharqi Peninsula... Also really liked Kubra Dam and Mashtuur City (although I am not sure how politically correct it would be anymore to have a map with a mosque in it, but that Mosque square was kick ass. All of the main fire fights would happen there.

I would literally pay pretty damn good money if they released DLC for BF3 that was just a remake of all of the original BF2 maps. Like $20 probably without even hesitating.

Really am very, very excited about this game. It can literally be the only game I play for months and months if it winds up being done right.

I really hope this new Frostbite engine doesn't feel as clunky on consoles as it did in BC. The analog sticks didn't feel like they were calibrated correctly and at times it was a damn right pain getting over the smallest elevation or debris on the terrain.