Battlefield 3

Can you imagine that Strike at karkand map as we enter the city and you are capping that first flag on that balcony of sorts and their tank now shoots and blows up half the building with particles and smoke everywhere.. Holy crap... that map will be absolutely sick..

I absolutely LOVED the Sharqi Peninsula.. my second best map but let's not fool around... all maps were freakin' unbelievable.. especially the feeling of Gulf of Oman as we are boarding Blackhawks with teams and taking off from the carrier while the jets fly over us and we are starting the invasion of shores of Oman and fight across the beach to push them back from the flags..

Wow what a game.. I can't even imagine how good these things will/would look with Frostbite 2.0.

Oh, the beauty... Damn you Boz, for making me conjure up images of a wide open battlefield with 64 players in tanks, jets, helicopters, and boats.

I to LOVED Sharqi Peninsula... Also really liked Kubra Dam and Mashtuur City (although I am not sure how politically correct it would be anymore to have a map with a mosque in it, but that Mosque square was kick ass. All of the main fire fights would happen there.

I would literally pay pretty damn good money if they released DLC for BF3 that was just a remake of all of the original BF2 maps. Like $20 probably without even hesitating.

Really am very, very excited about this game. It can literally be the only game I play for months and months if it winds up being done right.

My favourites were Gulf of Oman, Strike at Karkand, and Kubra Dam. I really hope they re-make those maps. Either that or make Battlefield 3 mod-friendly.

Anyway, I'll just leave this here... :p

Special Forces had a couple of night maps. They weren't so popular (SF itself wasn't) but they were freaking awesome and, like all the other BF2 maps, would rule on Frostbite.

You guys mentioned all my favs already, but I'll second that on Gulf of Oman... I think I played the demo over 40 hours before going out to buy the full version. Amazing map ^^

Just to show how truly excited I am...

post-34384-0-57656000-1296971757.jpg

This is EASILY the most so far in advanced pre-order that I have ever done.

Since literally the only other games I have with the EA Downloader are all BF related, I figured why not. Just have to hope they go on using the same friends system they always have, and that is in game, but see no reason why they would not. If somehow this winds up on Steam, and the price is the same for the Limited Edition, will just go ahead and see what, if anything, I can do about cancelling this pre-order and getting it through Steam.

It all really comes down to the fact not only am I that much anticipating the game and the pre-order was warranted, but I also am willing to bet this will be the best price you can get on the game, and they will raise the price to $60. Did the same exact thing with Crysis 2 IIR,

Now it is all really just a matter of hoping it does not get pushed back to 2012, which I do not know about the rest of you, but I am not only fully prepared for that possibly happening, but I actually am pretty much expecting it to happen. I hate to say it, but I predict it gets pushed to Q2 of 2012. Not sure why I feel this way, well actually I am but no need to get into all the details, so I guess we will see. believe me, I hope I am wrong there. (Y)

Just to show how truly excited I am...

post-34384-0-57656000-1296971757.jpg

This is EASILY the most so far in advanced pre-order that I have ever done.

Since literally the only other games I have with the EA Downloader are all BF related, I figured why not. Just have to hope they go on using the same friends system they always have, and that is in game, but see no reason why they would not. If somehow this winds up on Steam, and the price is the same for the Limited Edition, will just go ahead and see what, if anything, I can do about cancelling this pre-order and getting it through Steam.

It all really comes down to the fact not only am I that much anticipating the game and the pre-order was warranted, but I also am willing to bet this will be the best price you can get on the game, and they will raise the price to $60. Did the same exact thing with Crysis 2 IIR,

Now it is all really just a matter of hoping it does not get pushed back to 2012, which I do not know about the rest of you, but I am not only fully prepared for that possibly happening, but I actually am pretty much expecting it to happen. I hate to say it, but I predict it gets pushed to Q2 of 2012. Not sure why I feel this way, well actually I am but no need to get into all the details, so I guess we will see. believe me, I hope I am wrong there. (Y)

Do they charge you right away or when the game releases / ships.

I'm going to wait for super duper limited awesome edition for this one.. They would be stupid if they didn't do something super super fancy.. history of Battlefield hardcover artwork, concept for all the battlefields so far or something similar..

I'm going to wait for super duper limited awesome edition for this one.. They would be stupid if they didn't do something super super fancy.. history of Battlefield hardcover artwork, concept for all the battlefields so far or something similar..

Same, but till then I would like some kind of a pre order but I would love NOT to charge me for something thats 6 months away.

Pretty sure they don't charge you until the game ships. At least that's how Amazon and Gamestop work.

Yeah I know amazon does and i love that because i locked Crysis 2 in for 49.99

Going by 1942/Vietnam/BF2/BF2142/Modern combat/BC/BC2 its always the US.

1942: US, UK, France, Canada, Japan, Germany, Soviet Union

Vietnam: US, ARVN, VC, NVA

BF2142: EU, PAC

MC: Got me on that one, never really played it. I think its just US vs MEC.

BF2: US, MEC, China, Russia, EU, UK

BC/BC2: US vs MEC (BC1)/Russia (BC2)

Lots of the BF games featured playable nations other than the US. I am a little disappointed that BC2 doesn't have any unique faction weapons, but its wrong to say that the entire series has only ever featured the US.

Been playing BF2 a lot more because of this lol. Have gotten all the basic badges now besides transport. Have sat 10mins in 4 or 5 different ones and can just not freaking get it. Is their a trick to this or something?

I so want to pre-order through EA Store as well but I am unsure if I will be able to do my new build by release :( Wife and I got killed by the tax man this year. I'll probably get killed for saying this but I wish it was coming out in winter 2011. Why? Because all the kids get sick then and have to come to the hospital = more work hours = more money. Also, the weather sucks so no golfing! As it is now I'll probably have to cut way back on my golfing in the summer to save for a build.

I am so damn excited for this game it makes me sick. As someone who loves BC2, I cannot imagine having Frostbite with BF PC gameplay. BF2 got me through my medical program and is still my favorite game ever.

Hey, its better than nothing. No offense, but I've never really heard of major wars that the British played a major role in that would make me want to play.

Im sorry what?

WW1, WW2, Gulf War, Afghanistan, Iraq?

Any major war the USA has been in that concerned the whole world the British has played a relatively equal part in (considering the size of our army compared to the USA), some might say the British put a greater effort in considering how crap our equiptment is compared to all the techie kit the USA has, the british make do with the kit that they have, the US just puts chips and computers into everything. The USA isnt the centre of the universe. I just wish our politicians had the balls to say screw you to the USA the next time they drag us somewhere else in the name of oil......ahem i mean freedom.

Not to mention all the Battlefield games deal with some fictional world event its not like you are playing something thats already happened or is currently happening so why cant you play as the British?

I guess i just answered my own question, an American replied to me and said that he is ignorant and doesnt know the world outside of the US and wouldnt play a game where you play as one of the USAs closest allies when it comes to military engagements.

Sheesh. Talk about obsessive.

BF3-TacticalBreakdown.jpg

few things wrong in this heh but close enough I guess for average joe who knows "military game authenticity" over reality.

Pretty sure they charged me already, I can check on Monday, my bank is a little slow getting purchases up on the weekend, but I am thinking they charged me in full. Will see.

Been playing BF2 a lot more because of this lol. Have gotten all the basic badges now besides transport. Have sat 10mins in 4 or 5 different ones and can just not freaking get it. Is their a trick to this or something?

Hmmm, I know I definitely got this badge, but it has been so long I forgot, but I think it is either you also have to get some kills and/or you have to be traveling with other people as well.

WW1, WW2, Gulf War, Afghanistan, Iraq?

Any major war the USA has been in that concerned the whole world the British has played a relatively equal part in (considering the size of our army compared to the USA), some might say the British put a greater effort in considering how crap our equiptment is compared to all the techie kit the USA has, the british make do with the kit that they have, the US just puts chips and computers into everything. The USA isnt the centre of the universe. I just wish our politicians had the balls to say screw you to the USA the next time they drag us somewhere else in the name of oil......ahem i mean freedom.

What? Really? The British was never in World War 1 or 2. Come to think of it, does the UK even have an Army? We just rely on America to defend us! If it wasn't for America, the UK would of been invaded and been called Germany.

Go read a US history book man!

<snip>Sheesh. Talk about obsessive.

<snip/>

Someone wasted their time doing that image. Heck, even the guy on the front cover of BC2 has an M4 with flash light attachment. Just because something is shown, dosn't mean it's a feature in-game.

What? Really? The British was never in World War 1 or 2. Come to think of it, does the UK even have an Army? We just rely on America to defend us! If it wasn't for America, the UK would of been invaded and been called Germany.

Go read a US history book man!

Someone wasted their time doing that image. Heck, even the guy on the front cover of BC2 has an M4 with flash light attachment. Just because something is shown, dosn't mean it's a feature in-game.

It's sad how little you know about your own countries army.

I'm 90% sure they charge you right away. It's not like an in-store pre-order where you can put a deposit of as little as $5. Fortunately, you can request a refund anytime before the game's release date.

I'd pre-order the game right now if it wasn't for Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm.

I'm 90% sure they charge you right away. It's not like an in-store pre-order where you can put a deposit of as little as $5. Fortunately, you can request a refund anytime before the game's release date.

I'd pre-order the game right now if it wasn't for Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm.

Yeah digital preorders will almost certainly charge you right away. Sites like amazon don't charge until it ships though (which in addition to free amazon prime for a year has resulted in me preordering a ridiculous amount of games haha) Right now I have bulletstorm, DNF, crysis 2, DA2, battlefield 3, and brink preordered :0

ShopTo.net has revealed the release date for Friday 14th October 2011 for the UK. So expect the Tuesday before for NA release.

http://www.shopto.net/PC/VIDEO%20GAMES/PCBA20-Battlefield%203%20Limited%20Edition.html

They might have just picked a date for all we know, does happen a lot.

Still can't get the stupid transport badge. Have gotten kills, teamwork points you name it I did it and still can't get it.