[vs] Ximian Desktop 2

what the heck, to end the stupid arguement of the GPL is simply to obey it, and to obey it, simply open the source code (which Schmoove already did), freely let everybody derive part or all parts of Schmoove's style into their own creation/product or re-release it, but most importantly, give clear copyright credits to the original creator of the Industrial UI and this XD2 style port (which is Ximian and Schmoove)

I think this is exactly the thing Schmoove worried about: there are style crafters out there (I won't name, but heck) rip others' hard work (or "derive", I learnt this word from SCO), and either incorporate it into their own creation or simply re-release it under their name without giving credits to the original creator(s), and by Schmoove's "permission", I think he meant notify him and give credits back to him afterwards (which is necessary in order to comply with the GPL), I bet he would "grant permission" (although not needed) to anybody anyway as long as its lawful so just end the GPL madness and enjoy the theme. (Arrgh nooooooooo, my eyes hurts!! - j/k :p)

But honestly I think you can rest assured Schmoove, no one will brother to rip your work because yours are the best already and anything more, is simply too much.

Those are my poor 2 cents and stupid grammars.

If everybody play by the rules, give appropiate credits, appreciate others' hard work and don't "rip", I bet I won't even see kairon posting, Schmoove getting mad and I spending my cents.

what the heck, to end the stupid arguement of the GPL is simply to obey it, and to obey it, simply open the source code (which Schmoove already did), freely let everybody derive part or all parts of Schmoove's style into their own creation/product or re-release it, but most importantly, give clear copyright credits to the original creator of the Industrial UI and this XD2 style port (which is Ximian and Schmoove)

I think this is exactly the thing Schmoove worried about: there are style crafters out there (I won't name, but heck) rip others' hard work (or "derive", I learnt this word from SCO), and either incorporate it into their own creation or simply re-release it under their name without giving credits to the original creator(s), and by Schmoove's "permission", I think he meant notify him and give credits back to him afterwards (which is necessary in order to comply with the GPL), I bet he would "grant permission" (although not needed) to anybody anyway as long as its lawful so just end the GPL madness and enjoy the theme. (Arrgh nooooooooo, my eyes hurts!! - j/k :p)

But honestly I think you can rest assured Schmoove, no one will brother to rip your work because yours are the best already and anything more, is simply too much.

Those are my poor 2 cents and stupid grammars.

If everybody play by the rules, give appropiate credits, appreciate others' hard work and don't "rip", I bet I won't even see kairon posting, Schmoove getting mad and I spending my cents.

Something like that.

I just don't want to see mods floating around, without the authors contacting me and letting me know that they use stuff where I worked my ass of for.

If you make an outstanding mod, then I have absolutely no problems with it, but please let me know.

Anyways like AquaDex said, lets end this useless discussion now.

Man, I was looking for some new cursors and saw these on Deviantart, but the download was broken, so I was excited to see these included, great VS also, thanks!

Kairon, please show Schmoove a little respect. You're so bent up on your fabled GPL that you have become blind to even logic. Guess what, Kairon, this is the real world. GPL or not, I can simply mod any theme I want to and release under my name. The GPL means nothing; if people want to rip themes, they will, simple as that. It's a matter of respect, and once again, GPL or not, you should get some. Just my two cents.

By the way, excellent, excellent work Schmoove, it's really lame that people would give you crap for making such a damn good port. This has finally managed to replace jromo's Topic on my desktop, and if you take into account how old that theme is, that's not an easy thing to do.

Once again Schmoove I thank you for such an excellent job, especially considering what you had to go through putting it here. Awesome work, bro.

First of all, well done Schmoove for an excellent port. It looks fantastic, but i am running linux at the moment so can't try it out.

Kairon is right - Schmoove cannot legally stop other people from modding this and releasing it (as long as credit is given). This does not mean that people shouldn't contact Schmoove if they want to do so: people should do that out of courtesy.

Also, legally this should have a copy of the GPL included in the download, because it is a derived work based on another GPL'ed work.

Again, great job, Schmoove :)

i like it. using it now.

who made that winamp skin.. it needs some work. does anyone have the real Ximian Dtop installed? can we scam the skin from xmms player?

That skin is the bundled skin for xmms. Pretty nasty huh?

Kairon, have a nice cup of 'stop posting in this thread', and kindly refrain from existing.

Have a nice cup of STFU. If you don't like my opinion then shut up and stop making up false quotes.

The bottom line is if I or anyone else wanted to release this theme wherever (including Neowin) without his permission and just a little bit of credit, I could. I never was implying that noone should give him credit, I was just stating his permission is not needed to be legal.

As for me not posting here, dream on, I'll do what I please. I'm not here to suck up to other members and be attached to their left lung just to get a mod job like 8/10 people here. :rolleyes: Opinions are a bitch, aren't they? ;)

Have a nice cup of STFU. If you don't like my opinion then shut up and stop making up false quotes.

The bottom line is if I or anyone else wanted to release this theme wherever (including Neowin) without his permission and just a little bit of credit, I could. I never was implying that noone should give him credit, I was just stating his permission is not needed to be legal.

As for me not posting here, dream on, I'll do what I please. I'm not here to suck up to other members and be attached to their left lung just to get a mod job like 8/10 people here. :rolleyes: Opinions are a bitch, aren't they? ;)

I agree with Kairon, dont listen to Unique he always jumps in to arguments with these pointless comments. Nice theme Schmooze but lighten up its a visual style.

I have no originality, so what? I can be unique, just like all my friends. And do you guys think these heels make my ankles look fat?

Dood, your originality is outstanding....

Opinions are a bitch, and I own that bitch, and she owes me money, and if you have nothing constructive about the theme to say, then don't say it. These threads are not for you to whine and cry about permissions and if they are needed. This is a thread for shmoove to showcase his awesome port. And for people to post praise, bugs, and ideas.

As for the false quotes, its fun, because is makes you so mad....perhaps you should give the people here a little more credit, and realize that they read everything, therefor know that you didn't say that. In fact, I don't believe you said this quote now did you?

biko....you need to go look in the mirror and shave your eyebrows. Thanks for the flax seed oil. :yes:

Shmoove, AWESOME jobby man, I love it!

Excellent theme it looks wonderful and thanks for all the hard work porting it

Some people need to realize how hard it is and that shmoove put a lot of work into this, he deserves respect.