[vs] Ximian Desktop 2

i love this theme but two things i would love to see in it:

1. the progress bar on IE and such go to the blue that is used for the start menu

2. the same blue be used for the taskbar for flashing messages from IM clients

i love this theme but two things i would love to see in it:

1. the progress bar on IE and such go to the blue that is used for the start menu

2. the same blue be used for the taskbar for flashing messages from IM clients

1) Sorry, but this is the way it is in the real Ximian...... it stays.

2) Has been fixed. Wait for the next release (which will also include a shellstyle).

is there any chance of you making any ximian skins for other programs like trillian and klient etc.

it would be very cool if you did, this theme is quite amazing, but it would be better if all my apps fitted in :p

is there any chance of you making any ximian skins for other programs like trillian and klient etc.

it would be very cool if you did, this theme is quite amazing, but it would be better if all my apps fitted in :p

Lack of time holds me down.... I'm sorry.

College started 2 days ago and I'm already flooded with work (luckily it is my last year).

Well not to offend or diss you, but why don't you give it a shot yourself. That is actually how I got into this and look how I turned out..... I'm not that bad :happy:

Skinning is not that hard, it just takes a lot of patience.

I myself am a Ximian Desktop 2 user, It came with my LGIS Linux 9 distro and its an awesome Desktop Environment i would recommend it to any linux fans but this theme has really made my Windows Desktop Environment more enjoyable and comfortable to use. Great job schmoove! keep up the good work! in case any of you wonder, here is the link to LGIS, its free to download. http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=...DUTF-8%26sa%3DG

For next release, is there ANY chance you could change the color of the flashing in the taskbar?

such as: when I get an IM, i can BARELY tell I have.. like if i look at it, it is like okay nothing new, but if i look harder (not a glance) it is flashing, maybe a differnet flashing color? i know it is your visual style, but maybe make it in schemes or something, whatever ya do?

i love this theme so far, dont wanna go to another one, just changed to it like 3 days ago :(

For next release, is there ANY chance you could change the color of the flashing in the taskbar?

such as: when I get an IM, i can BARELY tell I have.. like if i look at it, it is like okay nothing new, but if i look harder (not a glance) it is flashing, maybe a differnet flashing color? i know it is your visual style, but maybe make it in schemes or something, whatever ya do?

i love this theme so far, dont wanna go to another one, just changed to it like 3 days ago :(

This questions has been asked, and answered about 5 times in this thread :no:

Like Dazzla said, I already answered this a couple of times.

Yes it will be changed. Infact it is already changed in my version I got here. Just waiting to work something out with KoL about the shellstyle. I got the first version of him yesterday and it looked very very good, top notch quality as always from KoL.

I did have some request which he is going to implement, so waiting for the new version.

If that one is ready I'll update the theme and you will have your blue flashing taskbar button.

hey schmoove .. i'm typically just a quiet lurker that enjoys the themes as they come out, occasionally using one for an extended length of time if i really like it. yours is one that i really like. no annoying questions, no dema..requests, just wanna say damn fine work. you could have me if you wanted.

hey schmoove .. i'm typically just a quiet lurker that enjoys the themes as they come out, occasionally using one for an extended length of time if i really like it. yours is one that i really like. no annoying questions, no dema..requests, just wanna say damn fine work. you could have me if you wanted.

you better be a woman then :happy:

sweet sweet *nix-like visual in windows.

schmoove - thank you - YOU ARE AN AWESOME THEMER! :D ... Also, about something you said earlier:

On Aug 31 2003 at 10:45, Schmoove posted:

EDIT: also I decided to put a website online like I did with Bluecurve, just for gathering all the Ximian stuff.

Has this come around yet? If so, what's the URL?

Any ETA on shellstyle, next release, shell32 (Dazzla?) or other mods people out there might be working on? I'm not pushy or picky - I'm just wondering who's doing what - life is busy so I'm not going to be one to scream "I WANT IT NOW!!!!1" or anything like that. ;)

Like Dazzla said, I already answered this a couple of times.

Yes it will be changed. Infact it is already changed in my version I got here. Just waiting to work something out with KoL about the shellstyle. I got the first version of him yesterday and it looked very very good, top notch quality as always from KoL.

I did have some request which he is going to implement, so waiting for the new version.

If that one is ready I'll update the theme and you will have your blue flashing taskbar button.

Alright. Sorry I had to have you answer it again. I really didn't wanna look through the thread for such a thing :rolleyes:

its looking ok, but isnt this under GPL?

:pacifier:

You wouldn't know the GPL if it came and bit you in the ass. If you have an issue with schmooves release feel free to report the post, don't post something that has already been discussed in (far, far, far more intellectual) detail.

Well... I'm currently working on a Ximian-Skin for Trillian.

But don't expect anything releasable soon, since i'm lazy as hell. :sleep:

And it's probably going to be done for Trillian Pro 2.0...

...but it will be done... somewhen :D

@Schmoove:

Ehm... You don't have any problems with me using images from your msstyle, right? :blush:

@Schmoove:

Ehm... You don't have any problems with me using images from your msstyle, right? :blush:

Nope ofcourse not. It is for a good cause, so I don't mind.

Besides it would look as close as possible to the visual style if you use the bitmaps I made.

Good to see someone skinning Trillian, not that I use it, but lots of people are.

So keep up the good work and I hope to see something of it in the future.

Good luck!!

If you need any help, let me know Guardian. :)

Anyone working on repairing the Winamp skin? Its nice except for the font and errors (the same ones I had to fix in the BlueCurve skin. :( )