Kinda odd how it's not available on Steam yet. What's taking so long, anyways? I was close to pre-ordering it straight from EA today, but I like having everything on Steam, so I'm still waiting a little while longer.

They are trying to force people to use EA Store. I've pre-ordered it on EA Store, I wouldn't expect to see it on Steam until week of release.

The old maps will be awesome as well. It bring us veterans back into the old games, but with a fresh look. It sucks that they won't be there at launch, but no biggie, the new maps will be great too.

This game will be best when played on the PC, any other platform is just not going to do it justice. Graphics, game play, squads...

The old maps will be awesome as well. It bring us veterans back into the old games, but with a fresh look. It sucks that they won't be there at launch, but no biggie, the new maps will be great too.

This game will be best when played on the PC, any other platform is just not going to do it justice. Graphics, game play, squads...

Exactly, could not have said it better myself.

And why it worries me that the old maps will not be there at launch is what happened with 1943 on the PC. IF they did not have a track record of announcing remakes of things and not delivering I would not feel worried at all, but I guess this situation is a bit different. 1943 was technically it's own game, and these are just some maps, so I am not expecting the same to happen, just pointing out the fact I do remember is all. It also just seems odd the old maps were actually being sold as one of the reasons to preorder the game yet will not be there at launch. I expect things being touted as a reason to preorder to be there I suppose.

Exactly, could not have said it better myself.

And why it worries me that the old maps will not be there at launch is what happened with 1943 on the PC. IF they did not have a track record of announcing remakes of things and not delivering I would not feel worried at all, but I guess this situation is a bit different. 1943 was technically it's own game, and these are just some maps, so I am not expecting the same to happen, just pointing out the fact I do remember is all. It also just seems odd the old maps were actually being sold as one of the reasons to preorder the game yet will not be there at launch. I expect things being touted as a reason to preorder to be there I suppose.

I guess they want to be fair to people that don't end up buying the limited edition. Initially, the offer was that if you pre-order the game you get access to the map pack one month before everyone else. The only bonus now is not paying extra for it. I guess it's a bit of a bummer but after giving it a little thought, I'd rather they use that time to improve the maps.

I think it will be fine as long as they don't take to long in releasing the pack and they have more than 4 maps at launch for each game type. Hopefully they don't pull the whole "map pack" fiasco that they did with BC2. Calling new game modes on already released maps brand new maps instead of what they actually are. Well, either way 64 players will be epic.

Is it dumb to wait to pre order and see if other retailers will offer new/altered incentives to pre order?

- In the US.

Not really, you can wait to pre order until the last minute pretty much. Unless they have actual limited supplies, which I doubt.

Not really, you can wait to pre order until the last minute pretty much. Unless they have actual limited supplies, which I doubt.

Alright thanks for the info. Now to reveal my plan to pay for BF3 + any and all map packs and have even more fun than the average BF3 player:

tCTEu.jpg

rawr ha :laugh:

Alright thanks for the info. Now to reveal my plan to pay for BF3 + any and all map packs and have even more fun than the average BF3 player:

tCTEu.jpg

rawr ha :laugh:

Pfft, that is my plan on every single game I play, and it is not going to be any different for BF3. :laugh:

Pfft, that is my plan on every single game I play, and it is not going to be any different for BF3. :laugh:

Well of course! But we all know BF3 deserves its own stash ready to go haha

Has anyone seen any "Buy a grfx card and get BF3 with it" deals? hahaha

Okay, no argument from me there, but this Popeye always has his Spinach. :p I also do not partake anywhere near as much as I once did, pretty much only on weekends, and keeping in theme with my original response so I am not kidding, the release night of a new game I want to play. :D But as I said, no argument from me that it deserves its own stash, but I always have a stash these days, from not consuming as much, to just being an old man who prepares ahead.

Has anyone seen any "Buy a grfx card and get BF3 with it" deals? hahaha

Haha I know the sarcasm, but that would be cool - didn't some big time games used to be offered as a promo for new cards?

Okay, no argument from me there, but this Popeye always has his Spinach. :p I also do not partake anywhere near as much as I once did, pretty much only on weekends, and keeping in theme with my original response so I am not kidding, the release night of a new game I want to play. :D But as I said, no argument from me that it deserves its own stash, but I always have a stash these days, from not consuming as much, to just being an old man who prepares ahead.

Haha good to know, on XBL? or intending for purchasing on PC? If XBL I'd love to join ya; I know we'll have a good party of 6 already from personal friends and brother. I have three roommates and myself, all in college, with nothing to spend excess cash on except alcohol, games and 'spinach' as you put it haha oh and my neighbor is my dealer, is does NOT get move convenient; also, there are so many dealers, so competitive, between the 4 of us and my girlfriend/ her friends, we could text like 8 dealers instantly - it's shocking how easy it is to find. Anyways, ranting, sounds like you had your 'hay-day' too.

I mainly only play Crysis 2, and CoD because it is easy to annihilate in objective based games on console. Have Halo:Reach, don't really play - have because of M$ Preview Program but add me if you'd like.

Haha I know the sarcasm, but that would be cool - didn't some big time games used to be offered as a promo for new cards?

Haha good to know, on XBL? or intending for purchasing on PC? If XBL I'd love to join ya; I know we'll have a good party of 6 already from personal friends and brother. I have three roommates and myself, all in college, with nothing to spend excess cash on except alcohol, games and 'spinach' as you put it haha oh and my neighbor is my dealer, is does NOT get move convenient; also, there are so many dealers, so competitive, between the 4 of us and my girlfriend/ her friends, we could text like 8 dealers instantly - it's shocking how easy it is to find. Anyways, ranting, sounds like you had your 'hay-day' too.

I mainly only play Crysis 2, and CoD because it is easy to annihilate in objective based games on console. Have Halo:Reach, don't really play - have because of M$ Preview Program but add me if you'd like.

Yeah PC man, but thanks for the invite. I may rent it for the 360 as well, but I did that with BC2 and wound up regretting it, I was rank 14 on PC and 360, and could have just been a higher rank on PC, so not very likely I am going to do the same thing again, but if I do, we can definitely hit up some matches.

And yeah, I can definitely relate to the ease of availability and convenience factor. And when I was in college, well let's just say it was super, super, super easy to locate. :shiftyninja:

omg mw3 looks ten times bettre!

I know you're being sarcastic, but still, I wanted to post that. :p Everyone feel free to use that video to reply to anyone who genuinely thinks that MW3 will be a better game than BF3. ;)

I know you're being sarcastic, but still, I wanted to post that. :p Everyone feel free to use that video to reply to anyone who genuinely thinks that MW3 will be a better game than BF3. ;)

I just want to thank you for providing what I think may be the greatest video response ever, may god have mercy on your soul!

OMG what a nice insult vid!!!!!!!!! :p

and guys that bullet thing is nothing.

whats more important is a whole new engine with new animations and effects. And loads of other new stuff. Where as... i dont think this MW3 engine is any better than the MW2 engine..

whats more important is a whole new engine with new animations and effects. And loads of other new stuff. Where as... i dont think this MW3 engine is any better than the MW2 engine..

It won't. They're still using IW Engine 4.0, which is the same one from Modern Warfare 2. But then again, Black Ops used IW Engine 3.0. Treyarch always got the short end of the stick when it was just them and Infinity Ward.

E3 2011 in Los Angeles is only a few days away and there is a lot of excitement in the air. We are thrilled to be at the expo to show you Battlefield 3! We are currently putting the final touches on our demo - testing, tweaking, and in general, creating a game that?s looking amazing. I?m very happy and proud of what our DICE team has accomplished and what we?ll be unveiling to the world at E3.

Following our Battlefield 3 announcement earlier this spring, a lot of you have asked us for more info on multiplayer. Well, wait no further ? we will be showing both single player and multiplayer gameplay at E3! You can expect new trailers and screenshots as well as in-depth press previews hitting next week. You can also watch the EA press conference live on EA.com on Monday.

So what can you expect from the Battlefield 3 multiplayer? Powered by the Frostbite 2 engine, Battlefield 3 features some of the biggest and most spectacular maps that we have built. At the same time, we are also able to create more intense close-quarter combat than ever before. The multiplayer map, ?Operation M?tro,? available for press to play on the show floor, combines both sides of the scale into one cohesive experience. Gamers will experience a physical battlefield and be able to temporarily disable vehicles, go prone, mount weapons, lay down suppressive fire and more. Under the hood, the brand-new engine ensures cutting-edge visuals and immersion. All things combined, big and small, add up to the best Battlefield game we have ever created!

Of course there are things we will not be showing at E3, including the game?s extensive co-op campaign, the introduction of Team Death Match mode and the Battlefield 3 Battlelog web destination ? featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends? progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars. We look forward to providing more information on these features in the near future!

Good news (Y)

So it looks like the Limited Edition of Battlefield 3 (PC version) is going to be exclusive to EA's new Origin store. That is, if this article is reliable: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/03/ea-takes-on-steam-with-origin-the-only-place-to-download-the-ol/

From the article (emphasis mine):

EA says that more than 150 games are already available on the service. Origin will also host "exclusive limited edition copies" of EA titles like Battlefield 3, FIFA 12, Alice: Madness Returns, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. The biggest attraction for Origin, however, is likely to be Star Wars: The Old Republic, which is being offered in downloadable format exclusively on Origin.

Can't say I'm particularly thrilled about that. I like having everything on Steam, but I also like saving money...