Close Quaters is crap, Aftermath is similar but larger and open. Gets boring pretty quick, reminds me of Medal of Honor.

I think BF4 should just ditch vehicle maps, and stick to infanty only. Would make more sence.

You complain about it being like MoH but then say they should ditch vehicles? Play the no vehicle servers or maps. Easy.

You complain about it being like MoH but then say they should ditch vehicles? Play the no vehicle servers or maps. Easy.

That was the point I was getting at, vehicles in this game is a dieing trend. Infanty maps now massively out number vehicle maps, it's the way the Battlefield franchise is going... COD. Most played map, Metro. Why even bother making vehicle maps for BF4? Even the vehicle maps in this game lack vehicles, just take them out, would make sence for the new BF playerbase.

Edit:- Is there anyway a mod can edit the first post? Make someone else the OP? Give it to Anaron or something?

I had a quick game on Aftermath last night prior to going out and thought it was pretty awesome - the detail in the level design is fantastic. I played on the Markaz Monolith... great map for snipers :)

The new maps are so damn awesome. Especially the Azadi one.

Yeah I'm loving the new maps too.

Not to big, not to small. Don't need to run 8kms to get from one flag to the next.

So much going on too, earth quakes, cars on fire, running in and out of cracks in the road.

Loving it.

Aftermath is awesome. I love all the detail, and the Scavenger gun mode is more fun than gun master.

If Battlefield ever removes vehicles completely, then it will not be called Battlefield. Vehicles are like the signature of the series, if you don't like them go play MoH or CoD.

That was the point I was getting at, vehicles in this game is a dieing trend. Infanty maps now massively out number vehicle maps, it's the way the Battlefield franchise is going... COD. Most played map, Metro. Why even bother making vehicle maps for BF4? Even the vehicle maps in this game lack vehicles, just take them out, would make sence for the new BF playerbase.

Edit:- Is there anyway a mod can edit the first post? Make someone else the OP? Give it to Anaron or something?

The only reason people play metro is because it's easy to boost your kdr and get unlocks for guns done really quickly, not because people actually like the map.

I liked Battlefield 3, because of the diversity of game modes it gave us. I love Battlefield 3 simply due to this fact.

Whats the point of just running around shooting people endlessly with no tanks, jets, helis and all. :p

If Battlefield ever removes vehicles completely, then it will not be called Battlefield. Vehicles are like the signature of the series, if you don't like them go play MoH or CoD.

And that's the exact reason I hate BF3 and love BF2, more focus on vehicles, unlike BF3 which is infantry focused. As stated in my previous post, BF3 going in the direction of MOH and COD and should remove vehicle maps for BF4 as they're phasing them out anyway in BF3.

Weird reasons, people jumped to the conclusion I love infantry...

The only reason people play metro is because it's easy to boost your kdr and get unlocks for guns done really quickly, not because people actually like the map.

I don't entirely agree with that.. whilst I don't regularly play Metro (prefer the open air / vehicle maps), there's something quite atmospheric and believable about it.. I find fighting in the tunnels quite claustrophobic and quite fun, and light the way the sound is in those tunnels.. good environmental effects.

And that's the exact reason I hate BF3 and love BF2, more focus on vehicles, unlike BF3 which is infantry focused. As stated in my previous post, BF3 going in the direction of MOH and COD and should remove vehicle maps for BF4 as they're phasing them out anyway in BF3.

Weird reasons, people jumped to the conclusion I love infantry...

Granted I do not play it all that much these days, but when I do, I pretty much only play vehicle based maps and Conquest mode, as I am a BF purist and been playing the series since Day 1. I have never even checked out a single Closed Quarters map. I have not played a single round of Rush in BF3. I only stick to Conquest maps, which have vehicles, and have plenty of people playing, so I am really not following your logic? From my perspective of someone who casually plays the game but has a long history with the series, vehicles still very much exist, and are still very good in the game, and Conquest still exists, and is pretty much the same it has always been with some tweaks and additions and some changes, so is it really that big of a deal that they now offer other types of modes to try and cater to all types? The truth is they do have to compete with the likes of CoD, so that is why those modes exist, but one does not have to play them at all, and I still very much feel what I view to be the "main mode" of Conquest with vehicles is still great fun to play. perhaps if they did not have these other modes they could be even more focus into Conquest, sure, no one is going to argue that, but I personally do not feel Conquest mode has gotten worse because these other modes exists.

I am actually gonna check the Aftermath DLC out this weekend, it is out for Premium players correct?

• Like 2

I don't entirely agree with that.. whilst I don't regularly play Metro (prefer the open air / vehicle maps), there's something quite atmospheric and believable about it.. I find fighting in the tunnels quite claustrophobic and quite fun, and light the way the sound is in those tunnels.. good environmental effects.

I should have said "most people".

I have to say, I'm really liking Aftermath. The maps look absolutely stunning and I love all of the different pathways. Plus flags aren't in a straight line; DICE seem to have remembered how to make good maps.

And the colors! No more blue!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...