Yeah I was given some microsoft points for my birthday so I didn't have to buy it. But yes it is definitely worth it!

Not long now until Armoured Kill is released, I may actually get a chance to use an attack helicopter now :)

Is it worth buying the premium package?

I would say so. You get all the DLC's with it, with discount compared to if you bought them seperately. The premium features are pretty cool as well, but DICE haven't really impressed me with those yet. Hopefully that'll change in the future.

But yeah, as said above, if you play BF3 for +5 hours a week, you should get it.

Man I wish they would fix the crash to desktop problem. I get it once or twice per week, but my buddy gets it after 5 minutes +/- of game play...

Rediculous... bf3.exe has crashed... in event log. He has talked to EA tech support, but no one can figure out why this beast is crashing!

Ok, quick question. For those of you that bought BF3 and then the premium pack, what did you pay? As I mentioned earlier I pre-ordered premium edition (including full BF3) for $69...problem is, I have to wait until 9/11 to play! Should I have just bought the base game then the pack?

Ok, quick question. For those of you that bought BF3 and then the premium pack, what did you pay? As I mentioned earlier I pre-ordered premium edition (including full BF3) for $69...problem is, I have to wait until 9/11 to play! Should I have just bought the base game then the pack?

i would say thats a pretty good price for both the game and premium. buying the base then premium would probley be double that unless you found a good deal on premium.

Leaked changelog from the upcoming client patch (start of Sept..?)

Weapons

• Reduced the reload time for: SCAR-L, AEK-971, F2000, AN-94, AK-74, PP2000, G3A3, SKS, MG36, JNG-90, MK3A1, SCAR-H, SVD, QBZ-95B, AUG A3, 44 Magnum, KH2002, PKP, L85A2, QBB-95, M1911, MP7, M4A1, FAMAS, M39 EBR, M416, PP-19, QBU-88
  • Increased the reload time for the P90
  • Increased the UMP-45 damage at close range, reduced damage at long range
  • Increased the PP2000 damage at long range to highlight its midrange role
  • Increased the M1911 min damage to make it fit better between the .44 and the M9/MP443
  • Reduced damage, range and recoil for the M93R
  • Increased the MP412 rate of fire and reload time to highlight the .44's improvement in CQB
  • Decreased the SG553 horizontal recoil to make it more controllable
  • Decreased the MG36 vertical recoil to make it more controllable
  • Decreased the M416 horizontal recoil and FSRM to highlight its difference from the M16
  • Increased the M16 & M4 recoil
  • Decreased the G36 FSRM
  • Increased the bonus given by the bipod with: F2000, G3A3, M27, M416, PKP, Type88, FAMAS, MG36
  • Added 3-round burst mode to the MP5K
  • Slightly reduced the heavy barrel bonus when used with the 5.56mm, 5.45mm, 6.5mm assault rifles and carbines
  • Slightly reduced the suppressor drop off penalty for all 5,56 mm, 5,45 mm, e 6.5 mm weapons: assault rifles, carbines and LMGs
  • Slightly reduced the suppressor drop off penalty for the Scar-H
  • Increased the LVG 40mm max damage range, damage and gamma are the same
  • Solved the Scar-L Heavy Barrel bug
  • Solved jets not giving the laser designation bonus
  • Solved the AUG M320 Smoke bug
  • Increased the mortar damage and damage range
  • Added under barrel rail for L85 and Famas
  • The G3A3 can now use under slung grenade launchers
  • Increased the claymores damage against infantry
  • Extended mags re-added for RPK, MG36 e QBB95
  • Increased the F2000 vertical recoil
  • Slightly increased the AEK-971 horizontal recoil
  • Increased the M417 vertical recoil and horizontal recoil
  • Slightly increased the JNG-90 reload time, it was statistically better than any other BASR bar the M98B, this will make it balanced
  • Slightly increased the SPAS-12 reload time, it is still faster than the 870MCS but slower than pre-patch
  • Increased the ACW-R damage since it was weaker than other carbines, adding 6.5mm rounds
  • Decreased the AS-VAL vertical recoil
  • Increased the RPG accuracy, to make it different from the SMAW distance

Vehicles

• Solved the attack helicopter being unable to destroy deployed equipment
  • Increased the damage of jets and choppers rockets against choppers, jets and infantry
  • Increased the gunships and IFV damage against choppers and jets
  • Increased the AA damage against infantry, decreased against tanks
  • C-RAM and Pantisir are now destructible
  • Increased the TV missile velocity
  • Solved the TV missile exploding after launch
  • The air radar now shows friendly aircraft as well as enemy ones
  • The jets guided missiles now lock on more quickly
  • The LAV gets disabled at 30% health, no longer at 50%
  • Decreased the canister shell's damage against infantry and choppers
  • Added C-RAM on US carrier on Noshar Canals to avoid spawn camping

Miscellaneous

• Friendly grenades now have a different colour
  • The knife is more reliable and relevant for melee attacks
  • Slightly reduced the re-fire rate between knife takedowns
  • Explosives now remain after death
  • Added flag letters on the mini-map
  • Reduced the aim assist, now it's slightly better than before patch 1.05
  • Solved the glitch where in Close Quarters maps and Operation Metro you could go outside the map
  • Servers now show the next map at the end of a game
  • Changed the ACW-R calibre on Battlelog from 5.56mm to 6.5mm
  • Players using fixed weapons emplacements and mortars can now be knifed
  • Fixed the sound going out of sync
  • All players with at least one Service Star with the SMAW and the RPG can now choose which one to equip
  • Premium players can now choose which one of the two knifes to equip (ACB90/Knife)
  • Decreased the SOFLAM range
  • Added new Master Dog tags for: M9/MP443/M1911 Tact, M1911 Suppressed, M67 Grenade, Repair tool and Defibs
  • Removed the mini-map on Hardcore

It's been translated from Italian, so there might be some details lost in translation.

^^^^ Nice list of changes a few things jumped out at me

Increased the claymores damage against infantry = Really!!!! Why?

The jets guided missiles now lock on more quickly = Nice

Explosives now remain after death = Does that mean people can detonated C4 after killing them again, if so; WTF

Added flag letters on the mini-map = About Time

Everything else seems good or at least can't really see effecting me.

i would say thats a pretty good price for both the game and premium. buying the base then premium would probley be double that unless you found a good deal on premium.

Yeah, figured as much. Ah well, couple more weeks then.

Ridiculous that we have to download an 3gb patch/DLC again on the XBOX. I only have the old 360, which has a 20gb HDD. Soon, BF3 will have taken over my HDD :/

It is sad that in each new DLC they make it seems to exist even more spam/guided missle stuff around :|

Who in here wouldnt love to have a Battlefield 1942 with the Frostbite engine 2 ? Those were the times, skill was important.

Desert Combat Frostbite 2 Rebirth please!

Not gonna happen.

Why would EA release mod tools for the consumer to create their own maps when they can sell you map packs?

Not the mention that people would make a better game than what this horrible thing is.

• Like 2

Hello, everyone. Not sure if this is the right thread to post on so please pardon me if I have posted in the wrong thread.

Anyway, I plan on getting the BF3 - Premium Edition on PC since it include all the stuffs I want. But I have heard some 'bad' news about Origin, etc.

So, I would like to ask, is Origin really as bad as it seems to be?

Sorry and thanks.

So, I'm on Xbox and have Premium, the maps come out tomorrow, Tuesday Sept. 11. Will they be available @ 12:00pm EST or will I be waiting for some time related to the west coast or any time in particular?

So, I'm on Xbox and have Premium, the maps come out tomorrow, Tuesday Sept. 11. Will they be available @ 12:00pm EST or will I be waiting for some time related to the west coast or any time in particular?

Release time between 10am - 2pm (GMT +1).

Armored Kill will be available for Premium Players on the Xbox 360 on September 11, 2012, and to non-Premium Xbox 360 Players on September 25, 2012. Downloads will begin to be available for Xbox 360 players on these dates around 10:00-14:00 GMT+1.

Source