Games on Windows Server 2003

Well installing DX9 was the biggest pain in the @#$ !!!

After installing Win2k3, you have to install DX9 right then before the video card drivers...

I was unable to install DX9 with the vid card drivers even installed then uninstalled (bad news for some ppl)

My setup:

AMD 2.08Ghz

512MB DDR400 RAM

Asus A7N8X Deluxe

2 - 80GB Serial ATA HD's

2 - 60GB ATA100 HD's

52x burner

Geforce FX 5900 128MB video card

As for the video games, they all just crash on startup... I read somewhere that people are using UT2K3 and UT on Win2k3 ! >....!??!

Ghost Recon is the only game I can play on here...

This is the error I get when trying to launch UT version 436:

My page file is 1536MB and I have 512MB ram... hardly out of memory!! grr!!

Anyone have any ideas?

-Enkrypt3d

post-77-1063010496.jpg

In 1999, Linux scooted past Novell's Netware to become the No. 2 server operating system behind Microsoft's Windows NT. Over the next four years, IDC said, Linux shipments will grow at a rate of 28 percent, from 1.3 million in 1999 to 4.7 million in 2004

enough said

In 1999, Linux scooted past Novell's Netware to become the No. 2 server operating system behind Microsoft's Windows NT. Over the next four years, IDC said, Linux shipments will grow at a rate of 28 percent, from 1.3 million in 1999 to 4.7 million in 2004

enough said

This is mostly what will happen not what HAS happened, it doesn't really give any factual evidence to prove Linux has 28% of the market or even getting on for that by 2004. How about proof as to the percentage currently ?

how did you install direct x 9 on server 2003? maybe thats my problem.. although i doubt it. :no:

Most people don't notice that Direct X for Windows 2003 comes with Acceleration settings disabled by default.

And I found out that sometimes updating Direct X (through Windows Update, for example) can set these settings to their disabled state.

Go to "start" > "run" > type "dxdiag" go to "display" tab and enable "direct draw acceleration", "Direct 3D Acceleration" and "AGP Texture Acceleration".

Keldyn also posted a screenshot:

post-77-1062855382.gif

Posted by dougkinzinger:

If you don't know, then you don't deserve to be running Server 2003.

Get out of high school and you'll realize that servers belong on servers.

Another jUn10r 133t hAx0r joins Neowin! That makes two today!

Jeez

What a brilliant reply! I wish I was as enlightened as you. :cool:

Bwhahaha! dork. :sleep:

Everyone obviously has different hardware... so why make a statement like this?

"servers belong on servers" ? Thats interesting... Yea I guess you would put all your servers in on place... maybe on top of each other for easy cabling? I guess that's what you meant.

If you dont have the answer to the question, dont reply.

(sorry for the rant folks... back to the discussion at hand)

The only info I want is to find out how people have games running on win2k3... I have some games working... but not others. and I've done all the dx9 upgrades and driver updates & tweaks...

enkrypt3d

I said STFU and not SDFU. Stop this ghetto english ****.

Urrm  That REALLY helped.

As if I care. If you can't configure Win2k3 on your own to make it run games, you shouldn't use it. At all.

ZombieFly,

Welcome to Neowin you jUn10r 133t hAx0r nerd who has no clue about servers and operating systems..........listen to what everyone's saying here man.

Stick with flipping burgers and stick with what you know.

But WHY THE F--- WOULD YOU WANT TO??? Its like home users running Pro just cause they can. It works but is retarded. Plus I doubt any idiot that would install Server on a workstation paid for it...

XP eval version? You mean the 180 day time limited copy?

If they want to spend $1000 on an OS to have games play no better let them :laugh:

god i know nobody other then my self that payed for xp pro and i used pro becouse i needed better security i needed to beable to setup accounts that could do some things and not others home dosnt give this option its eather restricted of admin accounts

home is like using windows ME just plain laim you might as well run win 95 acctuly even 95's better then ME lol

and why dont you start giving people **** for warezing the games to becouse if somebody warezed an os why wouldnt they warez everything else ???

grow the fuk up and stop being so self ritous and full of your self its a ****ing program people may be using it as a server or game box or *ghasp* bouth and why do you think its your job to play software monotor?

if they arent trying to help others get warez they whats the problem they dont say they are using warez so that cant be the issue

my self i think most of these people are using the free eval from ms and then there are a few ppl that got it from warez

hell most people i know running 2k3 dont even know what warez are to tell the truth

well have fun flamin me im sure thats all thats gonna happen

ZombieFly,

Welcome to Neowin you jUn10r 133t hAx0r nerd who has no clue about servers and operating systems..........listen to what everyone's saying here man.

Stick with flipping burgers and stick with what you know.

what the ****?. i'm 30 years old and i've worked in IT since I was 17. Who the hell do you think you are you little *****? I'm fully clued about servers/operating systems thank you.

I've also been a member of neowin since 12-November 01, so stick your lame sarcastic welcome message up your ****.

Also, if you paid any attention to my original posts, you will notice that I am running 2003 server for legitimate reasons, not because I am a L33t N00b Haxx0r or whatever it is you and your script kiddy buddies want to call me. I need the server for Routing/Remote access, and it was previously useful to run game servers with windows 2000, so i wanted to do the same under 2003. I dont want to sit at the server with my pants off w****** over the fact that i can play games on a server, i simply want to run one of two dedicated server products and enjoy a game on my fully game enabled Windows XP? [is this ok with you? can i play games on this OS?]

Neowin used to be a great source of knowledge and had a community spirit about it. Over the last year i've watched it degrade into a playground for opinionated 17-20 year old t**ts who's only purpose is to either:

1. slag off everything that is posted

2. Claim that they posted something before someone else

3. Say "i saw this weeks ago" constantly

4. Generally be unhelpful and annoy people

I'd appreciate it if you didnt resort to slating me when you know nothing about me. If you can't give constructive comments in response to a post, don't bother. [Although it will get ur post count up and make you a l33t w4nk3r]. While i'm at it, maybe i can lay into you. What are you some kind of uber nerd "this is just one of many pc's" look at your sig. You sad ****. How old are you? 12? ... go on now, run along, think your mummy is calling, its gone past your bedtime and you know you don't like to go to sleep in the dark.

ZFly :angry:

dont mind dougkinzinger hes a 12yo with a constant case of constapation think it comes from drinking all that pop and doing all that meth (meth would also help explain his constant state of anger)

read my post about the EULA :) think it will make you happy since noware in there dose it say you cant use it how u like

even says any system able to run it is a server :D

what the ****?. i'm 30 years old and i've worked in IT since I was 17. Who the hell do you think you are you little *****? I'm fully clued about servers/operating systems thank you.

I've also been a member of neowin since 12-November 01, so stick your lame sarcastic welcome message up your ****.

Also, if you paid any attention to my original posts, you will notice that I am running 2003 server for legitimate reasons, not because I am a L33t N00b Haxx0r or whatever it is you and your script kiddy buddies want to call me. I need the server for Routing/Remote access, and it was previously useful to run game servers with windows 2000, so i wanted to do the same under 2003. I dont want to sit at the server with my pants off w****** over the fact that i can play games on a server, i simply want to run one of two dedicated server products and enjoy a game on my fully game enabled Windows XP? [is this ok with you? can i play games on this OS?]

Neowin used to be a great source of knowledge and had a community spirit about it. Over the last year i've watched it degrade into a playground for opinionated 17-20 year old t**ts who's only purpose is to either:

1. slag off everything that is posted

2. Claim that they posted something before someone else

3. Say "i saw this weeks ago" constantly

4. Generally be unhelpful and annoy people

I'd appreciate it if you didnt resort to slating me when you know nothing about me. If you can't give constructive comments in response to a post, don't bother. [Although it will get ur post count up and make you a l33t w4nk3r]. While i'm at it, maybe i can lay into you. What are you some kind of uber nerd "this is just one of many pc's" look at your sig. You sad ****. How old are you? 12? ... go on now, run along, think your mummy is calling, its gone past your bedtime and you know you don't like to go to sleep in the dark.

ZFly :angry:

now THAT, my friends, was a post!

/me stands and applauds

btw.. your 4 points couldn't be further from the truth :(

Then tell me what your goddamn problem is in getting your games running on your freakin' server? If you're so clued?

Then tell me what your goddamn problem is in getting your games running on your freakin' server? If you're so clued?

if i knew the answer to that then i'd never have posted the question in the first place would i?

i never said i knew everything. i was making the point that i'm not working at a burger joint.

go stick your useless input somewhere else where it's wanted. maybe the LEGO website forums? u can slag people off for building the wrong things with LEGO

:whistle: