Summer Football Transfers (2011)

Carlos Tevez has announced that he will be looking for a move away from Manchester City this summer.

The Argentine's future has been called into question on a regular basis throughout the 2010/11 campaign.

He handed in a transfer request last December, only to then backtrack and commit himself to the City cause.

The burly striker had hinted in the wake of City's recent FA Cup success that he would be sticking around, providing his family were happy.

And in the wake of Tuesday night's 3-0 victory over Stoke, Roberto Mancini insisted his captain had told him he would still be a City player next season.

Tevez has, however, completed another U-turn by declaring that he now wants out of City during the upcoming transfer window.

The 27-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to Italian giants Inter Milan of late and the news that he is set to be available is likely to spark a scramble for his signature across Europe.

"I want to leave Manchester City," Tevez, told Argentine station Radio del Plata.

"Football has changed a lot for me and I don't know if I will even make it to the next World Cup. And that has nothing to do with whether I'm selected or not.

"I've been treated very well here and I'm grateful.

"I also gave my everything for the club to receive the results it has had. But I need a change of scene."

On where he might end up, Tevez added: "To go back to Boca Juniors would be beautiful but it is very difficult.

"But if we're speaking seriously, financial issues would make my return difficult."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6941215,00.html

On where he might end up, Tevez added: "To go back to Boca Juniors would be beautiful but it is very difficult.

"But if we're speaking seriously, financial issues would make my return difficult."

Just about sums up footballers today.

Would love to move back to his home country to be near his kids, but "money" might make it difficult.

If he really wanted away to be nearer his family, money wouldn't be an issue.

In reply to Duez

Silly comment. Yes we already have two wingers who are good. The Man Utd starting XI has two wingers in it. So where exactly is the strength in depth? Quality squads win things, with an example being Arsenal who have squad players who aren't good enough. Any Arsenal fan will agree there.

In reply to Duez

Silly comment. Yes we already have two wingers who are good. The Man Utd starting XI has two wingers in it. So where exactly is the strength in depth? Quality squads win things, with an example being Arsenal who have squad players who aren't good enough. Any Arsenal fan will agree there.

no need to be a smart ass, these are merely my opinions. For arguments sake they also have Park and anderseon for subs on the wing. If the rest of the old guard is retiring, sneidjer would be a decent buy though.

Arsenal have similar squad depth to manu in terms of junior players but manu have very good senior players which arsenal are lacking(fabregas is barely senior) i contribute that also to their lack of depth.

Manchester United have released injury-plagued midfielder Owen Hargreaves after deciding not to extend his contract beyond this summer.

The ?17m signing from Bayern Munich has made only 39 appearances for United since he joined them in July 2007.

"This has been a difficult decision knowing how hard the lad has worked to win back his fitness," United boss Sir Alex Ferguson told the Mail on Sunday.

"But we've made it hoping he'll be able to resurrect his career elsewhere."

Hargreaves, 30, helped United win the Premier League title in his debut season and played in the Champions League final victory against Chelsea in May 2008 in Moscow.

The combative midfielder scored in the penalty shoot-out against the Blues but since then he has hardly figured for the Old Trafford club.

He has suffered from tendinitis in both knees and his recovery from surgery to cure the problem saw him mainly restricted to the sidelines.

Last season Hargreaves appeared only once in the first-team, as a 93rd-minute substitute at Sunderland in May 2010.

In the current campaign, he started against Wolves in November but went off after only 10 minutes with a hamstring injury.

Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero has revealed that he wants to leave the club and has asked the Rojiblancos to consider offers for him.

Aguero, 22, has been one of Atletico's star performers since moving to the Vicente Calderon from Independiente in 2006 but has now expressed his desire to leave the club after five seasons.

The Argentina frontman spent an hour and a half at the club's stadium on Monday meeting the cub's hierarchy, before leaving without addressing the waiting media.

Aguero, who has scored 74 La Liga goals in five seasons at Atletico, then revealed on Twitter and his official website that that he has asked the club to consider offers.

"I said long ago that when I wanted to go, I would say publicly. And the time has come," Aguero said on his official website. "So I keep my word and here I am. I find it hard to leave Atletico. It hurts and saddens me."

In a lengthy statement on his official website, Aguero revealed that Atletico were aware that he would want to leave in June when he signed his last contract and he insisted he wants to leave the club for sporting not economic reasons.

"I've thought long and hard and I am convinced that I must be true to myself," Aguero said. "I do not think I put a ceiling on the ability to keep learning, to keep growing. After five intense years, this stage for me personally is over and I have to give way to a new one.

"I'm about to turn 23 and I have everything before me. Suffice it to say that this is not an economic issue but strictly a sporting one. So I want to clearly express my appreciation to the club for the efforts they have made for giving me a salary that equates with the largest clubs in the world.

"I want to say also that this decision has been maturing for some time. The issue was discussed and agreed with Atletico last year when I was renewing my contract. I wanted to sign as a way to give back to the club for all the support they have given me. Had I not done so, they might not have received any more for my transfer.

"I received then a promise that the club would not stand in my way if I wanted to leave this summer. Therefore, in line with that commitment and my decision, I have asked them to listen to any offers they receive for me from different clubs.''

The forward also praised Atletico's supporters, adding: "For the fans, my eternal gratitude. I'm not trying to be original or say the politically correct. I'd rather say what I feel, beyond all other considerations because I know that the only way they will understand is if I do from my heart. That was the way I felt when I have talked all these years, with sincere love and affection. You are already part of my identity."

Aguero has had no shortage of admirers in recent years, with the likes of Chelsea, Inter Milan, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Real Madrid all believed to have show interest. But it is Los Blancos who have been most heavily linked with a swoop in the Spanish press.

Real boss Jose Mourinho has often repeated his desire to add an extra striker to his squad this season and with the club unlikely to make Emmanuel Adebayor's loan move permanent, Aguero is reportedly being lined up to join compatriots Gonzalo Higuain and Angel Di Maria at the Bernabeu.

A move across Madrid would be one of the most controversial in recent memory and would see Aguero join the likes of Jose Antonio Reyes and Bernd Schuster in having played for both sides in the Spanish capital.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/922916/sergio-aguero-asks-to-leave-atletico-madrid?&cc=5739

Aguero wants out, Forlan wants out and now De Gea has signed to Man Utd if I believe the spanish newspaper Cadena Ser. Tough time for the colchonero.

Reports in Spain suggest that Manchester United will announce the signing of Atletico Madrid's David De Gea next week.

United have been looking for Edwin van der Sar's replacement for the last few months.

The retiring Dutchman has recommended his fellow countryman Maarten Stekelenburg from Ajax - but coincidentally he now looks a target for Atletico, with De Gea seemingly Old Trafford bound.

Madrid sources claim the deal is worth ?21million (?18.3million) with additional add-ons.

The 20-year-old has already confirmed that he will be making a decision on his future at the end of the season, and it now appears he will be heading to England.

United again look set to be busy early in the transfer window, as they like to do.

Along with De Gea, it also seems they are closing in on Lens' highly-rated French stopper Raphael Varane and Aston Villa's Ashley Young.

Central midfield is also high on Sir Alex Ferguson's agenda and further reports from across the Channel claim that United could have an interest in Arsenal's Samir Nasri.

Nasri has just 12 months left on his current deal, and L'Equipe claims that he is on United's radar - as they also consider Luka Modric and Wesley Sneijder as the long-term replacements for Paul Scholes,who is yet to decide whether he will continue playing next season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6949648,00.html

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed the club are closing in on the signature of Atletico Madrid keeper David de Gea.

United are in the market for a keeper to succeed Edwin Van der Sar, who retires at the end of this season.

"We've been working on it [the deal] for quite a while," said Ferguson after Gary Neville's testimonial on Tuesday.

"He is young, very quick, good composure, presence and an outstanding replacement for Van der Sar."

So Cadena Ser was right after all.

Curious replacement for Van Der Sar. De Gea is very strong already and so young he can only be better as he plays. But replace a 40years old by a guy almost half his age is a bold move. We'll see if De Gea has the shoulders to take on the first spot. I'm confident he can do it.

Now Fergie, bring on Gareth Bale! :D

Karim Benzema's agent has denied travelling to London last week to discuss a potential ?25million (?21.6m) transfer to Arsenal.

Emirates Stadium boss Arsene Wenger has admitted his interest in the Real Madrid striker as he bids to find the solution to six years without a trophy.

Real are reported to want to raise money for the permanent signing of Emmanuel Adebayor from Manchester City and Benzema's representative, Karim Djaziri, was said to have travelled to England last week to hold talks with Arsenal.

Djaziri insists this did not happen, but he has not ruled out the possibility after intimating that his client is unhappy at his limited opportunities under Jose Mourinho at Real.

"I went to London for personal business, not to discuss any transfer," said Djaziri.

"Karim Benzema has a contract with Real Madrid so let's wait and see.

"He loves Madrid and wants to play every time as he loves playing football."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6951646,00.html

Arsenal have finalised the capture of Barcelona starlets Jon Toral and Hector Bellerin.

Barca have been left fuming at losing two of their latest top talents from their 'Cadet' squad.

Barcelona offered the 16-year-olds contracts at Camp Nou, but both have decided their futures would be best served in England.

Arsenal agreed a deal for central midfielder Toral - who has an English mother - earlier in the year and they have now followed that up by finalising a deal for the equally highly-rated Bellerin.

The young forward, also 16, had offers from Manchester United, Chelsea and Aston Villa but he instead opted to move to Arsenal, a path a number of players have now opted to take when leaving Barca.

In recent years, the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Fran Merida and Ignasi Miquel have all left Catalunya for Colney.

Both Toral and Bellerin have signed five-year deals with Arsenal and Arsene Wenger is sure to be delighted to have landed two of Spain's brightest young prospects.

The deals were completed ironically as Barca's senior squad trained at Arsenal ahead of their UEFA Champions League final clash with Manchester United this Saturday.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6952911,00.html?

Yes! Toral and Bellerin are going to finally lead us to cup glory :D

sarcasm?

they are to young to influence anything yet...maybe the youth cups! ;)

Aston Villa have released 10 out-of-contract players including Nigel Reo-Coker, John Carew and Robert Pires.

Midfielder Reo-Coker joined Villa for ?8.5m in July 2007 while striker Carew arrived in January that year from Lyon in a swap deal with Milan Baros.

Ex-Arsenal winger Pires leaves after joining on a free transfer in January.

Moustapha Salifou, Isaiah Osbourne, Harry Forrester, Arsenio Halfhuid, Durrell Berry, Ellis Deeney and Calum Flanagan have also been released.

Reo-Coker, 27, fell out of favour under previous manager Martin O'Neill but has featured regularly for Villa this season under the stewardship of Gerard Houllier, making 30 league appearances, and frequently deputised for Stiliyan Petrov as captain.

The former England Under-21 captain, who began his career at Wimbledon, was signed by O'Neill from West Ham.

Carew, 31, netted 52 goals in 133 appearances for Villa and had an impressive strike-rate in the FA Cup, scoring 11 times in 10 games.

He joined Stoke City on loan in January, where he netted twice in 13 appearances.

Pires, 37, who was without a club after leaving Villarreal last summer, arrived at Villa Park on a six-month contract and made just four starts, netting once against Blackburn in the FA Cup.

Togo international Salifou only made 13 appearances for Villa since joining in August 2007 while Osbourne, 23, is looking for a new club after having his loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday ended early in April.

great freebies for a club who can afford to take them! (Y)

Chelsea are closing in on Santos star Neymar.

Marca says Chelsea have ended their pursuit of Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero to focus on talks for Neymar.

Chelsea have already opened talks with Santos over a fee for Neymar - his buyout clause is set at ?40 million.

Neymar's agents Wagner Ribeiro and Pini Zahavi are in London this week for talks with Chelsea over the Brazil international.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/neymar-agents-london-chelsea-transfer-talks-1665021

454016798.jpg

Berbatov was a shock omission from the squad to face Barcelona at Wembley, with Sir Alex Ferguson's opting to not even include the Bulgarian striker on the bench - raising speculation that Berbatov is set to leave Manchester United in the summer.

Many had wondered if Berbatov would accompany his team mates on the open-topped bus victory parade from Manchester city centre to Stretford.

But in the end Berbatov did join his squad mates as they paraded the Premier League trophy in front of thousands of fans - despite the disappointment of their comprehensive defeat by Barcelona on Saturday, and the heavy rain that poured down as the bus traveled its route.

Along with Berbatov, Paul Scholes and Michael Owen - both also thought to have potentially played their last games for United - were also present for the celebrations.

Owen's contract has expired and there has been no announcement about a possible extension, despite the striker's expressed wish to stay on, while Scholes has yet to confirm if he will accept the one-year extension he has been offered.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/864761-dimitar-berbatov-joins-manchester-united-victory-parade-despite-transfer-rumours

The former Bolton Wanderers boss is thought to have agreed a three-year deal to replace Avram Grant.

Allardyce has been out of work since December, when he was relieved of his duties as Blackburn Rovers manager following the Venky?s Group?s takeover of the club.

After approaches for Steve McClaren and Martin O?Neill were rebuffed, a deal has been agreed with the 56-year-old, whose task it will be to lead the Hammers back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

?Everything has been agreed in principle and I look forward to taking charge after I have had a family holiday,? Allardyce told The People.

?It?s always difficult dealing with the aftermath of relegation, but I want to get West Ham back into the Premier League as quickly as possible.?

Lille striker Gervinho is planning to announce this week which club he will be joining this summer.

The Ivory Coast international is being tipped to leave France and a number of Premier League clubs are interested.

Newcastle are the latest name in the frame and The Magpies have been linked with a ?11million (?9.5m) bid.

However, the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool are also said to be interested, so Newcastle will have a fight on their hands.

Gervinho has confirmed he loves the Premier League, but he is not ruling out possible moves to Spain or Germany.

"During the week I'll announce my decision so that everyone knows," he told skysports.com.

"I love the Premier League, but I have interest from Spain and Germany as well, so let's wait and see."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6960817,00.html

Chelsea look to have finally won the race to sign Santos forward Neymar, after sources claim his agent has flown to London to hold transfer talks, according to The Metro.

The Brazil starlet is one of the hottest prospects in world football, and AC Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid have also been credited with an interest in securing his services.

But it is the Blues who appear to have clinched a deal for the 19-year-old, with Wagner Ribeiro, the Brazilian?s agent, believed to have scheduled a meeting.

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a21124_chelsea-seal-deal-brazil-star

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce is considering returning to Blackburn for striker El Hadji Diouf

The 30-year-old Senegalese had a controversial but successful loan spell at Rangers and played an influential part in their run-in to the SPL title. Rangers remain interested but he is prepared to drop down a level to reunite with former mentor Allardyce for a third time having played under him at Bolton and Blackburn. Allardyce has admitted he may not be able to prevent West Ham?s big-name players leaving the club this summer and wants figures he can rely on to help claim promotion at the first time of asking. Mexican winger Pablo Barrera could be one of the first to go. Although there is moderate interest from Everton, the 23-year-old?s agent Jorge Berlanga admits Spain may be his next destination with Espanyol and Real Zaragoza leading the chase. Berlanga said: ?Some clubs are interested in the player but the decision lies with West Ham.? FC Copenhagen, meanwhile, are keen on defender Lars Jacobsen.

:no: