Summer Football Transfers (2011)

:bounce: I care, great signings. I've been told Defoe and N'Zogbia are staying at a hotel just outside of Sunderland, getting those two would be awesome.

holy crap N'Zogbia would be a beast signing

This from the BBC...

Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia and striker Nicklas Bendtner are in talks with unnamed clubs over moves away from the Emirates.

Bendtner, 23, and Almunia, 34, were left out a 23-man squad that will travel to Asia for a pre-season tour.

An Arsenal spokesman confirmed this was so the pair could undertake negotiations over potential transfers.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is expected to clarify details over the impending moves at a press conference on Monday.

Please God let this be true!!

This from the BBC...

Please God let this be true!!

They should of really gone for schwarhzer last year. This may seem left field but why don't they go for Shay given as either a sub or their 1st choice....whilst szezceny is there, becuase i doubt they will attract a decent gk

With Fulham, Borussia Dortmund and Sporting Lisbon interested in Bendtner and Atletico Madrid and Malaga leading the chase for Almunia, Wenger admitted their exits are only a matter of time.

He added: "Both are possible departures, they are talking to other clubs at the moment."

And on new Ivory Coast hitman Gervinho, Wenger said: "He has joined training today at London Colney, he has come back from holiday and signed.

"He had a medical on Thursday but we sent him back home because he has a family with children. It was so he has time to sort things out for two days.

"He came back yesterday and starts his fitness programme in London today. He is officially an Arsenal player now.

Ahahah Gervinho. Can't understand what Wenger sees in him. Sure he's a good player, his stats prove it, but Arsenal is a much better team than Lille and I clearly don't think he can make the gap.

Ahahah Gervinho. Can't understand what Wenger sees in him. Sure he's a good player, his stats prove it, but Arsenal is a much better team than Lille and I clearly don't think he can make the gap.

I agree we should have signed Hazard, Mata and Benz by now but seeing him as a Bendtner replacement or pushing Chamakh down to replace Bendtner.. it looks like a good deal

Also I believe Wenger sees something in him.. his vision hasn't been great lately - signing players like Squillaci but if he sees the same thing he was in Henry and Gervinho can follow Henry's path.. I'll be one very happy Gooner!!

Enough of the talk about Sneidjer joining Man Utd. He's a very good player but I don't think he is the right guy for us, and for replacing Scholes. We need someone younger, and preferably english, so he won't go away after a couple of good seasons.

Arsenal is more like where is CB, LB and Striker assuming they are all fit come game day.

We need a LB and a CB and we're in business. Once our leaky defense is settled, we'll pose a bigger threat. We're fine with our attacking power.

And hopefully Nasri stays. I couldn't care less about Fabregas at this point. I love him but if we can get the money, I say sell him.

Then...gasp...maybe...Wenger will...buy!?

A bit of good news....

Denilson has expressed his ?sadness? at leaving Arsenal on loan.

After the 1-1 draw at Hangzhou Greentown on Saturday, Ars?ne Wenger confirmed that the Brazilian midfielder would be moving back home in a temporary transfer.

Reacting to the news, the 23-year-old told Arsenal.com: ?I will be playing in Brazil next season as I felt that this is a good opportunity for me to play regular first-team football.

Means for chances for Ramsey.. next do smth abt Diaby, Eboue and Almunia!

Bar?a sign Alexis S?nchez

Udinese and FC Barcelona have reached an agreement on the transfer of Alexis Sanchez. The cost of the deal is 26 million Euros with added variables of 11.5 million.

The player is due in Barcelona this weekend. Medical tests and the signing of the contract, which is for five years, will take place on Monday.

The 22 year old Chilean player is coming to Bar?a from the Italian club Udinese, where he?s played for the last three seasons. Last season he was voted best player in Serie A, after scoring 12 goals in 31 games.

Source

The man (Henry) himself, it turns out, is looking forward to the same: ?I had an amazing relationship with Arsenal supporters. A weird one, too, though. I know I can be a pain in the neck. And they knew that. But I think they understood me, even when I was a pain. They knew how I was. And I knew how they were feeling about me. Without those fans, I?d never have done what I did. The people who worked around the Club, too. They helped me understand what it meant to play for the Club. You know: what it meant to beat Tottenham!

"You need big shoulders to play for Arsenal. The cannon is heavy. But the supporters see everything. They see what you?re doing, what you?re trying to do. It?s a great thing about English fans. Winning helps but, if you play hard and respect the shirt, they remember that. And that?s something priceless for me.?

Something rare nowadays.. we need more players like him..