Fuming at Apple: iOS 4.3 on iPhone 3GS

Wait a second, you are actually complaining that not everything works because you used an UNOFFICIAL hackish install of Android 2.3, that was never intended to run on the HTC Hero in the first place? It seems quite clear to me that you simply haven't got a clue what you're doing when it comes to Android, and frankly you can blame HTC for that, not Google. The Hero is an old, and outdates handset with weak hardware, you can't expect the newest versions of Android to run like clockwork on it.

These kind of posts just prove that the biggest issue is user ignorance, not the platform.

Isn't the Hero newer than the iPhone 3GS? I don't remember the Hero being released in the States until the end of 2009.

The iPhone 3GS is still getting updates. Even half updates are better than nothing, especially when jailbreaking solves any minor problems like hotspot.

Sorry, but you're the one implying the iPhone is like the almighty god as a fact... You're also now speculating I'm mentally challenged for not accepting your *fact*. The iPhone is a piece of **** in my mind because of people like you who act like it does everything and anything. Does it shave your pubes for you too? :laugh:

So because of the people who use it, that makes it a piece of **** ? Your logic is seriously loose. lol.

I'm not saying it's like almighty God. The iPhone actually exists for a start ;)

If the 3GS supported hotspot, then I would revert my jailbreak.

Why...?

You can get a hotspot app for $20 instead of paying AT&T a monthly fee for using hotspot.

You are upset that a phone that came out almost 2 years ago wont be supported.... lets think about this one... :rolleyes:

Um... a phone that they are still selling today.

Why...?

You can get a hotspot app for $20 instead of paying AT&T a monthly fee for using hotspot.

I'm from the UK and use O2 not sure how hotspot actually works :p if its part of your monthly fee then I guess I'll keep the JB :)

Without jailbreaking?

Yup.. I just installed the new update and it was there...

*Edit: I was to quick :p.... Its just the usb/bluetooth teathering menu, the name was changed to Personal Hotspot, I can't make a hotspot with the Wifi :/

Yeah, missing the personal hotspot on my 3GS here too. It?s crazy ridiculous.

I can somehow get it with Fido, but they ask me to have a data plan of at least 1GB/month. Sorry, but no. *sigh*