Xbox 360 System Update Preview

dang - just missed the sign-up period :(

whatever the new disc format is going to be, it's inevitably something w/ security. it's definitely not BD support.

dang - just missed the sign-up period :(

whatever the new disc format is going to be, it's inevitably something w/ security. it's definitely not BD support.

Haha, I think you should read a few posts up mate. :)

Nice to see where this topic has headed, jeez.

Anyway, its pretty cool that they can make up that space, I've always wondered why not that they used some space for their security measures, but why so much.

I'm sure some developers will be happy having that extra bit of space to work with.

Let's not start a 360 vs PS3 war please, keep that to the official threads.

Or just no threads, lol.

Thank you for your interest in the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program. Regrettably, you were not selected to participate in this round of the Xbox Preview Program. We encourage you to look for future program opportunities and hope that you will register at that time for another chance to participate.

:pinch:

I think I got in

Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Program

We appreciate your interest and support in helping us to test out the latest updates. This is an important update as we continually strive to improve our products and we could not do so without the help of our great Xbox community.

As part of the preview program, you will receive a copy of Halo: Reach. The next obvious question is, WHEN? Please be patient and check back on this site regularly, as we nail down the logistics for disc distribution, updated information will be provided via this site on when you can expect to receive your copy.

If you were in the program previously you will notice a few changes on the navigation available on our Connect site. Same basic structure, but primary navigation is available by clicking on the Xbox LIVE Update Home link on the upper left-hand navigation of this page. At the bottom of that page you will see all relevant program information.

Didn't get an e-mail yet either, and no update on the Connect site, other than it being in my Dashboard. That displays the "Welcome" message Neo003 gave. Not sure that means we're in, though.

Edit: Actually, if it says we're getting Halo: Reach, I'm guessing that does indeed mean we're in. Coolio.

Won?t be posting anything again related to this topic as for NDA.

I didn't received any email, I had to check connect.

Checked on the Connect site and I got the same message as you - hopefully this means i did get in. I wonder what they will place on the Halo: Reach disk that will fill up the extra gig they have (free dlc i hope!).

Didn't get an e-mail yet either, and no update on the Connect site, other than it being in my Dashboard.

I also didn't had anything on the dashboard, I had to go to "Go directly to a product homepage" -> Xbox Live Update.

Remember, when you signed up, the page says that you will be notified in within 2 weeks. Same thing that you guys signed up for Dashboard update while back in same time frame.

:hug:

I didn't! :p

Not selected. :( Just got the email.

time for a group hug ? :shifty:

:hug:

I didn't! :p

Big surprise MS didn't choose you :rolleyes: Sorry couldn?t resist :laugh: , But I think it has lot to do with how much time you spend on Xbox and how long you subscribed.

time for a group hug ? :shifty:

I didn't actually apply, I just thought I'd offer some honestly directed sympathy :rofl:

I didn't actually apply, I just thought I'd offer some honestly directed sympathy :rofl:

yea I know - you didn't qualify :p

side note: is http://rewards.xbox.com/ accessible to anyone else? I can't get in since early morning today.

Don't think I got an email yet (will have to check my spam folder), but I checked on the Connect site and it says I'm in! I've missed every other update opportunity before this one because I never had my console ID info, but this time I remembered. Ready for it to get started now!

When I check Group Membership in Connect I see this:

Group Membership - LIVE

Due to the nature of this update we will be splitting the Xbox LIVE Update Preview audience into two separate segments. This means we will have some unique scenarios associated to each group so that we can get the test coverage we are seeking for this update. On your console, once it is properly registered into the program you will be able to see the ?Xbox Beta Channel? and the first slot will also identify the AUDIENCE you are registered into.

YOU are in the Xbox
LIVE
Update Audience

• Xbox
    LIVE
    Update
    ? The updates will be released via the LIVE service and will work with the Halo Reach disc that we are providing.

• Xbox
    DISC
    Update
    ? The initial update will be taken directly via the Halo Reach DISC that we are providing.

But I didn't get an email...

I see that as well. I think that means we're in. Another reason I think I'm in is because the program is listed if I choose to see any Connect programs I can "Quit" from.

When I check Group Membership in Connect I see this:

Group Membership - LIVE

Due to the nature of this update we will be splitting the Xbox LIVE Update Preview audience into two separate segments. This means we will have some unique scenarios associated to each group so that we can get the test coverage we are seeking for this update. On your console, once it is properly registered into the program you will be able to see the ?Xbox Beta Channel? and the first slot will also identify the AUDIENCE you are registered into.

YOU are in the Xbox
LIVE
Update Audience

• Xbox
    LIVE
    Update
    ? The updates will be released via the LIVE service and will work with the Halo Reach disc that we are providing.

• Xbox
    DISC
    Update
    ? The initial update will be taken directly via the Halo Reach DISC that we are providing.

But I didn't get an email...

Thks didn't see that before, maybe that was the purpose for "Xbox LIVE Labs" to check the internet throttling.