Xbox 360 System Update Preview

Thks didn't see that before, maybe that was the purpose for "Xbox LIVE Labs" to check the internet throttling.

Pretty sure live labs was to get a data set for IPTV performance / benchmarks

I think I'm in too. I got the same message in the Group Membership page, says "YOU are in the Xbox Disk Update Audience"

There's a tab that will appear with the "Beta Channel" name.

Sweet :D

I think I'm in too. I got the same message in the Group Membership page, says "YOU are in the Xbox Disk Update Audience"

There's a tab that will appear with the "Beta Channel" name.

Sweet :D

What and how's your connection?

Connection doesn't have anything to do with it. :)

What they want to validate is that new retail games packaged on the larger format disks will auto-update the dashboard correctly and not simply give an error. So some people are getting the dashboard only via the disk update, while others will get it via online update.

Lol, doesn't matter.

The info states:

? Xbox LIVE Update ? The updates will be released via the LIVE service and will work with the Halo Reach disc that we are providing.

? Xbox DISC Update ? The initial update will be taken directly via the Halo Reach DISC that we are providing.

So, when the disc comes the update/beta channel will be available? Or I'm assuming..

YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience

I got in as well.

So Halo: Reach just came out on 3/15? Yet they are giving it to us for free?!!

So Halo: Reach just came out on 3/15? Yet they are giving it to us for free?!!

Really I swear to god I played it last year. Maybe in diffrent dimention. :shifty:

YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience - WOO! If we get to keep this disc i may sell my old Reach for some extra crash...

YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience - WOO! If we get to keep this disc i may sell my old Reach for some extra crash...

Haha, same.

Would we get to keep the game? Not much a Halo fan but I'm more than glad to get a free game :D

Would we get to keep the game? Not much a Halo fan but I'm more than glad to get a free game :D

Judging from the previous update on MajorNelson.com, I'd say so.

Lame I wasn't selected I guess being a loyal member since the start don't help.... 7 years straight :no:

Lame I wasn't selected I guess being a loyal member since the start don't help.... 7 years straight :no:

They may have more waves of invites.

They may have more waves of invites.

From the email I got it does not seem like it.

Thank you for your interest in the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program. Regrettably, you were not selected to participate in this round of the Xbox Preview Program. We encourage you to look for future program opportunities and hope that you will register at that time for another chance to participate.

- Xbox Preview Administrators

I'm glad that having to re-register for the Xbox Live/Xbox Preview program before the last preview didn't hurt me for entrance into this preview and the last. It is so frustrating to know I was part of the program for the longest time to find out around the time of the Kinect preview, it showed me as never having entered it....

From the email I got it does not seem like it.

Hmm, "round" could mean wave, or it could mean the program overall. Not sure :(