Apple Sues Samsung Electronics Over 'Galaxy' Phone, Tab

Well, touchwiz is a designed to mimic ios

Maybe a little but it took Apple over a year to sue Samsung over this. If Samsung wasn't doing so well, then I doubt they will be sued.

There are also launcher apps that are designed to mimic iOS. Why are they not being sued? Probably cuz Samsung has deeper pockets :)

Personally I'm getting tired of all the lawsuits about trivial things in the phone arena. Besides, I thought imitation was the highest form of flattery.

Apple is going to lose this one hard. What a waste of time and money.

The Galaxy Tab looks NOTHING like the iPad, I don't know what those guys at Apple are smoking. Also, while the Galaxy phones resemble the iPhone a little bit, I don't see this holding any ground.

You guys don't have a clue of why Apple is suing. They are suing because samsung is trying to imitate the same icons, style and positions of these with the same as the iPhone. This is nothing about Apple being evil, they just trying to protect what years of research and development has pay off.

i agree with last picture, but

1. is it default desktop of galaxy s? i mean isn't default comes with clock and some more widges. and what you see is actually result of customization.

2. picture of keyboards and browsers are ridiculous. apple did not invest at compatible keyboard layout. neither apple invented layout of browser's window.

Samsung has been pushing it for a while now. They rip-off just about anything they can from iOS and Apple's hardware design. Can't blame Apple for taking action.

The only thing that resembles is the UI, can't say form factor is the same because every phone out there has that design. Heck, even WP7 phones have that design. It's too simple really and Apple can't really make the case here.

I tried one in a verizon store and it wasn't that much like an ipad! I even tried both at the store and they were pretty different.

"Rather than innovate and develop its own technology and a unique Samsung style for its smart phone products and computer tablets, Samsung chose to copy Apple's technology, user interface and innovative style in these infringing products,"

BHAHAHAHAHA

This coming from Apple is priceless.

:rofl:

Why are they only suing samsung, considering they invented the tablet. Shouldn't they sue motorola, MS, and every other company that has one as well. Or is this like a warning shot.

Apple did not invent the tablet computer.

hIi3bS

And not shame to admit it!! Ha ha

Well, that looks like a fairly conclusive example of prior art... But then, it also looks rather a lot like a photoshop edit too. Those hands are identical.

the same hand model could have posed blank with no phone then both companies comped it in.

If this is true, i really hope samsung give it to apple.

apple didnt invent the tablet. Tablets have been around for years. Windows xp had tablet features.

Apple did not invent the tablet computer.

i should of added [/sarcasm] in there rofl. oh and linky :D

I don't think that argument will hold up in court.

Wasnt my point. Someone said that Samsung phone is a **** copy of the iPhone. So my response was at least the antenna works properly on the Samsung phones.