Slut Pride

mabye they can get that thing that goes in there and has spikes. that will help much.

Have you even ever read a book or taken some notice of issues surrounding such an issue? Learn something and perhaps you'll open your mind to what goes on in the world a bit more. It's called education.

Being educated on how people think is like being educated on religion......no one in the universe understands it or knows what is true, so regardless of how much study you have done, you can't prove you are correct. Enjoy that "education"

Being educated on how people think is like being educated on religion......no one in the universe understands it or knows what is true, so regardless of how much study you have done, you can't prove you are correct. Enjoy that "education"

Oh wow ... are you serious? :D

You're comparing religion, which is for the most part based on zero fact, to psychology, which is based heavily on massive amounts of study and research on real people (in the case of rape, victims AND rapists) over the years. If you don't see the difference between those two examples, I'll gladly take my education over yours ;)

Oh wow ... are you serious? :D

You're comparing religion, which is for the most part based on zero fact, to psychology, which is based heavily on massive amounts of study and research on real people (in the case of rape, victims AND rapists) over the years. If you don't see the difference between those two examples, I'll gladly take my education over yours ;)

I have a Master of Science in Psychology. I will gladly fax it over so you can take a look if you like. If you know anything about psychology, you'd know that psychology of thought is based on theory, not fact. Theories are theories and not facts because they cannot be proven......a la religion.

I have a Master of Science in Psychology. I will gladly fax it over so you can take a look if you like. If you know anything about psychology, you'd know that psychology of thought is based on theory, not fact. Theories are theories and not facts because they cannot be proven......a la religion.

Again, there's a clear difference between the information we've learned through study of psychology and the bible and other such books.

Please, for one, if you do have a Masters of that subject, burn it. Secondly, stop arguing a case you clearly were asleep during your classes for.

PS: I don't think I know anyone who owns a fax anymore.

EDIT: Not worth arguing with someone who doesn't use logic. Carry on.

Well, I think you'll find I did. It was you who tried and failed. Anyway, it doesn't matter in the end, it's only the internet :)

I'm just trying to be realistic. Like I said, the rapist is 100% to blame, but there are risk factors that people can control. For example, if I walk around with handfuls of money, plainly visible, in a bad neighborhood.......that wouldn't be very smart. If I were to be robbed, would it be my fault?......No. However, was there something I could have done to lower my risk?.....Yes. The same concept applies here.

And yet, you missed the point again. Statistically, how someone is dressed IS NOT a factor one way or the other in their chances of being raped. This is the point I and several others have repeatedly made, but that point is being ignored because people like you refuse to accept that as a fact.

And yet, you missed the point again. Statistically, how someone is dressed IS NOT a factor one way or the other in their chances of being raped. This is the point I and several others have repeatedly made, but that point is being ignored because people like you refuse to accept that as a fact.

From reading all these posts, I think his point was that in Psychology, especially when dealing with a criminal's thought process, there aren't many facts. You can guess about why they did something, what influenced it, etc, but the point is they did it. That's the fact; rapists rape. Trying to figure out what they were thinking and their reasoning behind it is impossible.

Could how people dress influence a rapist? Maybe

Could how people dress have zero influence on a rapist? Maybe

These aren't facts.

huh I seem to see more guys then girls in that pic

A slut rally is probably a good place to pickup ladies, can you blame them? :laugh:

From reading all these posts, I think his point was that in Psychology, especially when dealing with a criminal's thought process, there aren't many facts.

And that is where he is wrong. There are mounds of evidence that point to the fact that "dressing slutty" (however you want to define that) doesn't increase their chances of being raped. Where does much this evidence come from? Police reports, of course, since they are going to document every little detail of what occurred during a rape, including what the victim was wearing at the time.

I can't believe what i'm reading... Who the **** CARES what a woman has on, that should never label them for ANYTHING. You can look, but don't touch. Is that so hard to understand?

I can't believe what i'm reading... Who the **** CARES what a woman has on, that should never label them for ANYTHING. You can look, but don't touch. Is that so hard to understand?

Ironically, it just shows how little you understand the argument that's been going on here.

And that is where he is wrong. There are mounds of evidence that point to the fact that "dressing slutty" (however you want to define that) doesn't increase their chances of being raped. Where does much this evidence come from? Police reports, of course, since they are going to document every little detail of what occurred during a rape, including what the victim was wearing at the time.

I think it's a statistical likelyhood that rapists know their victims personally. In that case, clothes would be irrelevant, as they were going after the person and not necessarily the appearance. I wonder if you were to isolate the cases of rape where the rapists had no personal knowledge of their victims, if that would have any impact on whether clothing made a difference. That would be an interesting study to see.

Ironically, it just shows how little you understand the argument that's been going on here.

Okay then explain the "argument" because i've obviously misinterpreted what i've been reading.

Okay then explain the "argument" because i've obviously misinterpreted what i've been reading.

No one is trying to label a woman anything just because of what she wears. I'm getting sick and tired of repeating that the users who share my views aren't trying to blame/guilt/fault or otherwise punish a woman for doing what is her natural right; dressing how she wants. If you don't want to take the time to read all the replies, then don't bother making a judgement call about said replies either.

"She was asking for it" - that must be one of the most ignorant statements I have come across in my entire life.. Yes, some women dress skanky, and that's their right. Yes, some are actually ASKING FOR (CASUAL) SEX, which is completely natural, and there is nothing wrong with that either. What people are missing is that it's the woman's choice who she has sex with. No is spelled N-O regardless of what anyone's wearing. There is absolutely nothing to justify the type of reasoning to put the blame on the victim, even in the slightest.

Now, to go back to the first page and read this:

"...the woman wearing relatively nothing is more likely to give off the impression she's comfortable with and asking for casual sex. It's just logical to assume that. " -LS

I have to stop and wonder is it also logical to assume that casual sex = rape?

"...the woman wearing relatively nothing is more likely to give off the impression she's comfortable with and asking for casual sex. It's just logical to assume that. " -LS

I have to stop and wonder is it also logical to assume that casual sex = rape?

Yes, in the ideal world, a woman could go around buck naked and not get so much as an ounce of disrespectful staring or wondering.

In today's world, she shouldn't. How she dresses shouldn't matter, not one bit. The problem is we don't live in a perfect world, and people will notice a woman who is wearing far less than the woman who is wearing more. Where the direction of interest goes isn't the point, the fact is that when I say "relatively nothing" I mean literally wearing a thong and a bikini top around in public where other women are dressed more conservatively. It's not fair for them to be judged that way, but it happens.

I say "more likely to give off the impression", please note that I didn't say "obviously equates to a ravenous libido". I'm not trying to make any absolutes here, it's getting really frustrating that people keep thinking that I am.

No one is arguing that the women who wear less get more attention, it's what they want after all. But that doesn't deprive them of the choice who to have sex with.

But that doesn't deprive them of the choice who to have sex with.

And no one is arguing that either....unless you're reading posts that I haven't seen yet?

So, let me get this straight; "revealing clothes = she asked for it"?

What constitutes clothing revealing enough to be too stimulating? Thigh high skirts? Knee high? Ankle high?

What constitutes s too sjggestive top? Spaghetti straps? Sleeveless? Elbow? Wrist? Belly shirts? Halters?

Is every girl or woman on a beach asking for it?

Is every woman who wears shorts and/or belly shirts in hot weather asking for it?

Is every woman who goes clubbing in a LBD asking for it?

Is a woman whose figure would be sexy dressed in anything but a burkha asking for it?

I dare say if anyone answers yes to these, I'd bet good money their opinion would reverse on a dime if it were their mother, aunt or sister were raped :p

So, let me get this straight; "revealing clothes = she asked for it"?

What constitutes clothing revealing enough to be too stimulating? Thigh high skirts? Knee high? Ankle high?

What constitutes s sjggestive top? Spaghetti straps? Sleeveless? Elbow? Wrist? Belly shirts? Halters?

Is every woman on a beach asking for it?

Is every woman who wears shorts & belly shirts in hot weather asking for it?

Is every woman who goes clubbing in a LBD asking for it?

Is a woman whose figure would be sexy dressed in anything but a burkha asking for it?

I dare say if anyone answers yes to these, I'd bet good money their opinion would reverse on a dime if it were their mother, aunt or sister were raped :p

I need to start keeping score of how many people are completely clueless as to what the argument is right now.

I need to start keeping score of how many people are completely clueless as to what the argument is right now.

Or you can let them state their opinion regardless of what other posts say without jumping all over them. Stop aggressively posting.

Or you can let them state their opinion regardless of what other posts say without jumping all over them. Stop aggressively posting.

This coming from a guy who obviously read all of two or three posts and decided that he knew what the argument was about. Well played.

You know what? I'm kind of tired of this thread. Too many people are falling hook, line, and sinker for the sensationalist title, sensationalist article, and misguided protest. Good luck to anyone who still wants to try to be logical in this thread.

And no one is arguing that either....unless you're reading posts that I haven't seen yet?

Okay, so things we agree on:

1. Women who wear less clothes attract more attention.

2. 1. still doesn't justify rape in any way possible.