Eurovision Song Contest 2011

One of the constants in our ever changing lives is the yearly Eurovision Song Contest. This year it will be hosted in D?sseldorf, Germany. The presenters are:

• Anke Engelke, actress and comedian
  • Judith Rakers, news presenter
  • Stefan Raab, comedian, musician, producer

It should be interesting to see how the three fare in an international broadcast. I have my doubts about Mr. Raab's English skills... but we shall see.

Representing Germany this year is Lena Meyer-Landrut. Yes, again. This year's song is called Taken by a Stranger:

It remains to be seen whether or not she can win again this year.

European Neowinians: What artists are representing your countries in this year's Eurovision Song Contest? Who do you think will win? Discuss.

As far as I remember, a boy-band called Blue are representing the UK. Seeing as we're an island nation we'll definitely lose (obvious excuse; it's not like we're terrible or anything - honest!). I don't have much faith in the song the Republic of Ireland has chosen either, to be honest. I've actually heard of Stefan Raab in the past, so I'm feeling slightly more cultured now.

The last time I remember watching the Eurovision song contest was in 2007, when the Russian group Serebro performed a song called Song #1. If one of the songs is really good, I'll hear about it. I have no real intention of watching it due to the fact I doubt I'll see anything interesting. I might check it out anyway, just for confirmation.

Meh... All i know is I wanna bang Lena Meyer-Landrut, She's got a really weird accent going british-germanish at various parts of the song, though it is quite the improvement over satellite.

I WANT TO KILL MYSELF AFTER SEEING THAT!

Jedward? They were bad.

But are you sure Blue won't be worse?

Jedward? They were bad.

But are you sure Blue won't be worse?

Blue have sold millions of albums

Jedward have killed millions of ears

:p

WTF@the Greek entry.. not as bad as Jedward, but still

I didn't know David Beckham defected to Greece

If Irland wins, I will never watch Eurovision again. France and Italy were also bad. Actually up until now the quality has been bad. Hopefully we will hear better songs (but I doubt it).

If Irland wins, I will never watch Eurovision again. France and Italy were also bad. Actually up until now the quality has been bad. Hopefully we will hear better songs (but I doubt it).

wat?

France was the only decent one he didn't require some stupid back up band to carry him

I didn't know David Beckham defected to Greece

I am Greek and I can tell you that the singer has a good voice. The song was nothing special though...

wat?

France was the only decent one he didn't require some stupid back up band to carry him

He has a good voice, but Eurovisions style has nothing to do with songs that imitate opera...and please don't make the mistake to believe that the singer has anything to do with opera.

Switzerland is good :)