A video game due to be launched this week that would have featured Spiderman atop a New York skyscraper resembling the World Trade Center will be edited to have that scene removed and released later, publisher Activision Inc. said on Monday.
THE SANTA MONICA, California-based company said it was postponing the launch of "Spider-Man 2 Enter: Electro" for Sony Corp.'s PlayStation console, out of respect for the victims of last week's attacks on the World Trade Center. "Activision is being extremely cautious about any images in our game that might be mistaken for the twin towers," Chief Operating Officer Ron Doornink said.
The game had been set for release on Tuesday, but will now be changed to alter backgrounds that might look like the destroyed buildings. While no new shipping date has been set, the game will be available in time for the holiday season and the delay will not affect Activision's financial results, Doornink said.
News source: msnbc.com (Ed -Heh game news there, whatever next?)