Electronic Punk of NTFS.org has put up a superb review of this fine piece of software. See below for linkage.
Ad-aware is THE award winning, multi-trackware detection and removal utility (designed for Windows 98 / 98SE / ME / NT40 / 2000 / XP Home / XP Pro) that will comprehensively scan your memory, registry, hard, removable and optical drives for known Datamining, aggressive advertising, Parasites, Scumware, Keyloggers, selected traditional Trojans, Dialers, Malware, Browser hijackers, and tracking components.
List of features:
- Leading anti data-mining utility, features the best maintained and updated target base
- Targets hundreds of systems and thousands of variations
- All new, vastly improved, in-depth scanning engine
- Includes an Advanced process browser full supporting installed extensions, linked to the in-depth scan engine
- Fully customizable automated scanning modes
- Webupdate module now fully integrated into the Ad-aware interface
- Entirely new, highly improved user interface
- All new plug-in concept allows for powerful expandability and updating without the need to download a new core-application
- Automatic quarantine (backup) function capability
- Enhanced logging capabilities
- Powerful tweaking options allows tweaking all aspects of Ad-aware
- Extended in-depth registry scans
- Exporting and printing of HTML reports
- Powerful command line options, to load config scripts and reference files from, and send logfiles to remote drives
- Blocks Browser hijacker attempts, Active-X installations, IE save attempts, and unauthorized auto start entries
- Includes a Popup stopper with customizable black-list
- Smart process-blocking, including filter lists
- Enhanced menus providing many more options.
- Plus many other enhancements!
Screenshot: Ad-aware 6 Plus
View: Full Article
News source: NTFS