Adobe Flash Player is the high-performance, lightweight, highly expressive client runtime that delivers powerful and consistent user experiences across major operating systems, browsers, mobile phones, and devices.
Adobe Labs features prerelease versions of the Flash Player 9 Update software. The beta is an opportunity for developers and consumers to test and provide early feedback to Adobe on new features, enhancements, and compatibility with previously authored content.
This update, codenamed "Moviestar," includes new features, enhancements and bug fixes for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux versions of Flash Player 9, including:
* Support for H.264 video and HE-AAC audio codecs (new Aug. 21).
* Multi-core support for vector rendering.
* Full screen mode with hardware scaling.
* Flash Player cache for common platform components, such as the Flex framework.
* Support for Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA) in the Windows plug-in.
See the release notes for more information regarding this prerelease technology.