Windows phone users are possibly familiar with Alcatel, which recently launched its premium IDOL 4S handset, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset, 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage. Now, at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017, the company has revealed a Windows 10 tablet aimed at businesses.
The Alcatel Plus12 is a Windows 10 tablet, which is targeted at customers who require a device with fairly modest specifications, but with emphasis on media and presentation. As such, the Plus12 features the following specifications:
- Dimensions: 284 x 175 x 7.9mm 287.5 (Screen) 186 x 2.8 x 6.9mm (keyboard)
- Weight: 599 g
- Display: 11.6“ Full HD
- CPU./Chipset: Dual Core, 1.1GHz up to 2.3 GHz Intel Celeron Processor N3350 (Tablet), Qualcomm MDM9207 (keyboard)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, LTE, Keyboard, Micro-HDMI
- Front Facing Camera: 5MP
- Internal memory: 64GB expandable with SD card
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR3
- Battery: 6,900mAh for the tablet, 2,580 mAh for the keyboard
- Miscellaneous: Windows Hello fingerprint reader, dual loudspeakers
As can be seen from the specifications above, the keyboard is detachable with its own separate battery and chipset. Alcatel has boasted its Plus12 tablet as the lightest 12-inch device in its class. Additionally, it also has dual loudspeakers, which are yet again added to entice business customers who need them for presentations. The entire setup can act as a Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 15 devices as well.
Marketed with the tagline, "Your office on the move", the Alcatel Plus12 will be available for €499 (~$530) starting in June 2017.