T-Mobile US has launched the Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL with Windows 10 Mobile, the first device from the carrier to run Microsoft's new mobile OS. T-Mobile was supposedly snubbed by Microsoft when the company chose to launch its Lumia 950 flagship exclusively on AT&T, but T-Mo will be the exclusive US carrier for the new low-cost Alcatel OneTouch device.
The handset's key specs include:
- 5.5-inch display with HD (1280x720px) resolution
- Quad-core 1.1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support up to 32GB)
- 8MP rear camera with autofocus and 2x digital zoom
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 2500mAh battery (up to 12hrs talk time; up to 820hrs standby time)
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE) support
- T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling
The handset has a full retail price of $139.99, but you can get it for $0 down with 24 monthly payments of $5.84. An Android 5.1 Lollipop version of the device is also available on T-Mobile's MetroPCS prepaid wireless service, priced at $59.99 after mail-in rebate.
If you're thinking of buying the somewhat awkwardly-named Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL with Windows 10 Mobile, be sure to check out our hands-on first impressions of the device.