AMD pushed out its first graphics card driver of September today, putting forth the Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 driver suite. Support for Square Enix's newest Lara Croft adventure Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Stardock's space RPG Star Control: Origins arrive with this driver.
Although AMD hasn't specified what sort of frame rate improvements users can expect from upgrading to this driver version, it is a recommended install for anyone looking to play either of these upcoming games. Shadow of the Tomb Raider lands on September 14 while Star Control: Origins is slated to release on September 20.
Here are the fixed issues of this driver as well as the known issues currently being worked on:
- Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable when playing Monster Hunter™: World.
- Radeon Settings may sometimes not appear in the right-click context menu on Windows® desktop after Radeon Software installation.
- AMD Link may fail to connect on Android Pie devices due to authentication failures.
- Radeon Settings may sometimes popup an error message due to Driver and Radeon Settings version mismatch.
- Cursor or system lag may be observed on some system configurations when two or more displays are connected and one display is powered off.
- Some DirectX®12 gaming applications may experience instability while recording with Radeon ReLive on system configurations using Radeon R9 290 and Radeon R9 390 series graphics products.
- Some AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics system configurations may experience a black screen during installation downgrade to a previous Radeon Software version. A recommended workaround is to perform a clean install during Radeon Software installation.
- Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
- System configurations with 16+ CPU cores may experience a random system reboot during installation when upgrading Radeon Software from a version older than RSAE 18.8.1. A clean installation is recommended when performing this Radeon Software upgrade.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 driver is now available to download via the links listed in its release notes as well as through AMD's Radeon Settings interface on Windows.
2 Comments - Add comment