AMD is keeping up its fast driver update schedule this month. The latest Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.11.3 release comes with support for two simulator games, namely the new Microsoft Flight Simulator: Game of the Year Edition and Farming Simulator 22.
The popular flight sim's Game of the Year Edition carries DirectX 12, weather improvements, a military jet, and much more. It is a free upgrade that's landing on November 18. AMD hasn't said what improvements can be expected from the driver, but it is a recommended install for players.
On the other end of the field, Farming Simulator 22 is launching on November 22. Players looking to hop into the latest crop harvesters will also want to install this driver, though once again, no exact improvements have been detailed.
Support for a number of new Vulkan extensions also arrive with the driver, find more details on those here. Here are the fixed issues in this release:
- Driver timeouts or game crashes may be experienced by some users while playing Battlefield™ 2042 on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
- While playing DayZ™, some users may experience stuttering or poor performance on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 5700 XT Graphics.
- Some users may experience elevated disk space consumption by the Multimedia Athena Dumps folder.
Here are the known issues:
- During Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ gameplay, some users may experience driver timeouts on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Graphics. A temporary workaround is to disable the Radeon™ Anti-Lag feature in Radeon™ Software.
- Visual artifacts may be observed while playing Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800M Graphics.
- While playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode, Radeon™ Software may become unresponsive when the user is in the lobby and attempts to open Radeon Software on the secondary display via the context menu. A temporary workaround is to press the Alt + R keyboard shortcut if this happens.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.11.3 driver is now available for Windows 10 and Windows 11 via the Radeon Settings app in the Optional section. Standalone download links are listed on the official release notes page.
Meanwhile, Halo Infinite Multiplayer players wanting more FPS have the option of installing a separate driver altogether. Coming as an early preview of an upcoming Adrenalin suite, the Radeon Software Adrenalin for Halo Infinite driver touts frame rate improvements for AMD Radeon graphics cards owners enjoying the surprise beta launch.