Back in August, we reported that Apple is finally planning to bring its online store to the Indian market. Now, the company has sent out a press release confirming the launch of Apple Store online on September 23.
Deirdre O’Brien, Apple’s senior vice president of Retail + People said:
“We’re proud to be expanding in India and want to do all we can to support our customers and their communities. We know our users are relying on technology to stay connected, engage in learning, and tap into their creativity, and by bringing the Apple Store online to India, we are offering our customers the very best of Apple at this important time.”
The launch of the Apple Store online will give Indian users direct access to the company's full range of products and services for the first time. Currently, Apple users in India rely on third-party resellers to buy products or receive service and support. Aside from direct sales of Apple products, here are some of the other services that Apple will be providing to the Indian customers:
- 1:1 advice from an Apple Specialist while buying Apple products
- Free no-contact delivery across the country
- Student discounts
- Payment via Debit/Credit card, UPI, Net Banking, and EMI-based financing
- iPhone trade-in options
- Mac configuration options
- Availability of Apple Care+
- Support for hardware/software issues over a call or chat
- Free Today at Apple sessions led by local pros to teach photography and music (starting October)
- Signature gift wraps and personalized engraving options on selected Apple products. Engraving on iPods will be available in both text or emoji and can be done in English, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu. Engraving on iPad and Apple Pencil will be available in English
Apple has dominated the premium Indian smartphone market with over 48.8% of the market in the second quarter of 2020, according to IDC's report. The research firm also noted that 28% of iPhone's market share comprised of iPhone 11 and iPhone XR indicating an increase in demand for Apple's expensive offerings in India. The new Apple Store online will further help the Cupertino giant cement its position in the Indian market.