Aston Shell is a Desktop replacement software, which saves your time and computer resources while giving your Desktop a unique look. Most Desktop enhancers just waste your resources. Unlike them Aston replaces your old Windows Desktop with a new one, which is faster, more beautiful and can be tuned to look and behave the way you like.
* Fast, stable and highly responsive even on slow computers
* Easy customization of any Desktop parameter
* Hundreds of free Themes
* Lots of advanced features (hotkeys, Toolbars, freeform animated icons)
What's New in Aston 1.9.3:
* Vista support
* New Aston RSS reader plug-in is added
* Theme Wizard is described in the documentation
* .ani files are supported in .ankz
* Themes are now extracted to the same directory where configuration files are located.
* Calendar plug-in now has Z-order
* Creation and editing of .ank and .ankz files is significantly simplified via "Edit element" dialog
* Recycle option is available again in the desktop context menu, optionally enabled.
* Fixed bug with multimonitor support
* Fixed bug in MS Excel task support
* Apps, which place their icons to the tray, are now visible in the tray (have "Always show" status by default)
* Fixed bug with .atz file creation
* Fixed bug with the profile creation
* Fixed bugs in AstAmp
* Fixed bug in APC files loading
* Fixed bug in .ank files saving
* Fixed bugs in Panel plug-in
* Fixed bug with the tray icons hits display