If you installed MSDE 2000 from the Beta 1 Office 11 CD for use with Access 11, your system may be at risk of spreading the slammer worm. Use the steps below to install the update as noted:
- Download MSDE 2000 SP3 from the following location: Here and choose SQL2KDeskSP3.exe (70089 KB)
- The result is a self extracting file that allows you to install MSDE 2000 SP3 on to your system. You must be an Administrator on the machine to continue.
- Open up a DOS CMD window by issuing the Start | Run command and typing CMD and choose OK. Locate the directory where you placed the files and go to the MSDE directory. If you used the default, you would type CD sql2ksp3msde. Don't run Setup.exe yet!
- If you are upgrading an existing installation of MSDE, then type in the following command: setup.exe /upgradesp setupsqlrun01.msi blanksapwd=1
- If you are installing MSDE for the first time, then you would need to use this command instead: setup.exe blanksapwd=1