Screenshots of the forthcoming Blackberry OS update have leaked courtesy of ZonaBlackberry. While information is scarce, the leaked screenshots show a wealth of new UI and camera improvements that are expected to debut in Blackberry OS 10.3. According to ZonaBlackberry, the current build of the OS is marked at 10.3.0.140 and while not final, give a good idea of what is to be expected. Probably one of the more interesting features is the inclusion of a voice assistant, which we can assume works similar to Siri.
For those looking to experiment, the leaked ROM is available and can now be loaded onto Blackberry Z10's. The tutorial can be found via Crackberry, but the site does warn users that this is leaked build that is not meant to function as a 'daily driver'. Much like any unofficial software, it must be loaded onto your device at your own risk.
ZonaBlackberry has created a concise break down of all the new features within the updated OS:
- Disappears the box was behind each of the icons, this might not be a final decision.
- Intelligent Assistant
- It seems BlackBerry is not to be left behind and an intelligent assistant is implemented in this version seems to not work properly.
- New keyboard layout and colors
- Slightly changes the design a more minimalist style and color scheme of the operating system is now, Black with Red, Black and red.
- Advanced Interaction
- Features are implemented to turn off the screen when the device is upside down or inside pocket to save battery.
- Features of the camera
- A timer for taking photographs is added.
- Taking panoramic photos (works correctly) is implemented
- The option to record in 720p at 30 fps and 60 is added
- Pin design capture and control orientation is changed.
- HDR takes is suggested when conditions require.
- Smart Search.
- Design changes in the player.
- Emphasis to focus button makes the player and part of them is hidden the scroll.
- Design change in controls and buttons.
- The controls and buttons worked and acquire a more gentle view looking design for a minimalist style.
- The reaction rate is significantly improved.
- The system minimizes and maximizes application almost instantly giving a more pleasant browsing experience.
It'll be difficult to see whether these changes will impact the market as a whole, but current Blackberry owners will have something to look forward to once this update is released. There is no official or rumored release date.