CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs)
Here are just a few ways you can use this software:
* You can use it to create demonstration videos for any software program
* Or how about creating a set of videos answering your most frequently asked questions?
* You can create video tutorials for school or college class
* You can use it to record a recurring problem with your computer so you can show technical support people
* You can use it to create video-based information products you can sell
* You can even use it to record new tricks and techniques you discover on your favourite software program, before you forget them
What's new in CamStudio 2.5 Beta 1:
* Recording Region By Window - ADDED
* Left and Right Mouse Button Visual Feedback When Clicked - ADDED
* True Multi-Language Support For Recorder, SWF Producer, and Player - ADDED
* Recording Audio From Speakers - REMOVED DUE TO LACK OF SOURCE CODE
* Recording For A Preset amount of time - ADDED
* New Effects Menu added with:
- Add System Time Stamp To Video
- Add Caption To Video
- Add Watermark To Video (Transparancy not supported, yet!
* Added Redirect URL function so a viewer can be taken to another URL immediately after video has finished playing.
* Added Cancel button to "Converting to SWF" dialog so you can cancel a SWF conversion at any time. You don't have to wait until it's finished or force it to close with CTRL, ALT, DEL.
* Firefox bug when playing a Flash SWF file - FIXED
* When using another language, some menus and options are either missing or still in English.
* Native Vista compatibility not supported, but workaround listed on the blog using XP Compatibility Mode.
* Documentation (still working on it)
Download: CamStudio 2.5 Beta 1 freeware
Link: Home Page
2 Comments - Add comment