As internet speeds increase and spaces get larger, there is always better wireless technology being developed helping to deliver faster throughput and improved coverage. Recently, many networking product firms have started offering products that rely on multiple components to blanket extended areas with Wi-Fi, collectively known as mesh networks.
While this might be a great solution, the cost is often quite high, starting at around $220. Luckily, if you are in the market for a new router that has excellent performance and range without putting a major burden on your credit card or bank balance, then D-Link has an alternative. Today, the firm has made its latest EXO series router available in the form of the AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router.
The model features:
- Dual Band Wi-Fi Performance – Up to 800 + 1733 Mbps in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- Powerful Dual-Core Processor – Boosts wireless and wired performance
- MU-MIMO Ready – Delivers maximum speed for each device
- 4 x 4 Data Streams – Supports 4 data streams for increased throughput
- 80/160 MHz Support – Double bandwidth for intensive data transfer
- USB 3.0/2.0 Port – Remotely stream stored music, movies, photos, and more
- High Power Antenna – Wider coverage throughout a home
- QoS – Prioritize network traffic for seamless streaming and gaming
- DLNA Support – Compatible with DLNA supportive media players, game consoles and TVs
- Advanced AC SmartBeam – Tracks connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range
- Gigabit WAN and LAN Ports – Maximizes performance of wired devices like gaming consoles and desktop computers for the ultimate gaming multi-media experience