Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm is based on the Discovery Channel's hit television series Deadliest Catch. The game is a realistic representation of crab fishing in the Bering Sea off the coast of Alaska, one of the most dangerous and deadliest jobs on the planet (hence the title of the show). In Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm you play the role of the captain of a crab boat. It's your responsibility to plan for everything that you'll need to complete a successful season. You'll have to hire on crew members based on individual strengths and weaknesses as well as how much of a share they want, you'll have to buy provisions and fuel, decide how many crab pots to load, and consider other factors. Load the boat too heavy and you could have serious problems, run out of food at sea and your crew won't be too happy.
Once you're at sea you'll have to pay attention to the weather, keep track of where the crab are, monitor your crew members to make sure they're getting enough rest and eating so that they don't become fatigued and injury prone. You'll also have to consider taking their advice sometimes. "Are you sure you want to leave port on a Friday?" All the while racing against the clock to reach your quota and get back to offload by your deadline. You'll also be able to go online with Xbox Live to talk to and compete against other players. Just like being out on the real Bering Sea, you won't be alone. There will be other captains out there. Some you may form alliances with, share tips and hot spot locations. Others may just be stringing you along. Being able to judge someones character with limited contact will be key to your success when dealing with other captains and crews.
- Experience every aspect of crab fishing in the Bering Sea as if you were there.
- Incredibly realistic ocean behavior tests your skills to the limit. Huge swelling waves, foam and spray are all accurately simulated for the ultimate fishing experience.
- Control the Northwestern and its crew, all accurately recreated from real life blueprints and pictures.
- Learn from Sig Hansen himself how to run a successful fishing season.
- Navigate and explore almost 1 million square kilometers of terrain. The entire Alaskan coastline is meticulously reconstructed from satellite topographic data.
- Unlock exciting side missions that put you in control of a Coast Guard boat hunting down poachers or drop you on a small skiff in the middle of a raging storm.
- Challenge your friends in intense online multiplayer competitions to see who will be the season's high liner.
Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm is available for the Xbox 360 with a PC release coming soon.