The Spring Sale is still in full swing over on the Humble Store, which wraps up on May 24th and we've already seen one title given away for free earlier on during the event. Developed by indie studio The Molasses Flood, The Flame in the Flood was up for grabs for two days, representing a saving of $14.99 based upon the game's normal price. Now, the Humble Store is following up with another offer available for a limited time.
Developed by Stardock Entertainment, Galactic Civilizations II is the sequel to the original turn-based title. The Ultimate Edition of the game is comprised of the base game, Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords released back in 2006 and also includes the Dark Avatar and Twilight of the Arnor expansion packs. The bundle itself has ranked fairly well on Steam with "mostly positive" feedback from gamers based upon almost 700 reviews.
As noted in its store listing, Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition has the following key features:
- Beautiful 3D engine brings planets, stars, asteroids and ship battles to life.
- Create custom 3D ships piece-by-piece with your Shipyard.
- Play as any of a dozen unique civilizations or create your own.
- Multiple paths to victory: Military conquest, cultural domination, political alliance, technological supremacy or ascension.
- Addictive gameplay: Dynamic galaxies ranging from tiny to gigantic.
- Superior multi-threaded artificial intelligence enables computer players to provide a challenge without having to cheat.
- Put your scores online via the Metaverse and compete with players from around the world.
- Fully moddable design enables players to create unique opponents, graphics and scenarios.
- Advanced diplomacy enables players to trade, make treaties, alliances and more.
In order to claim your complimentary copy of the game, you'll need to head on over to the Humble Store. After that, you'll need to redeem the provided key via Steam but, in doing so, you'll be saving yourself $19.99 based on the store's standard price. However, don't delay as you've only got a day and a bit left as of the time of writing before the offer expires.
Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock.