Vodafone said on Monday that it will release Google's Nexus One phone on Friday April 30 for UK customers.
Vodafone customers can pre-order the device today at vodafone.co.uk/nexusone. The Nexus One will be free for contracts at £35 or more a month for 24 months. Customers wanting an 18 month contract will have to pay £40 a month or more. There are a range of contracts available, each including 1GB of 3G data a month. Vodafone will not be offering the Nexus One to 12 month contract customers.
Dubbed Google's "superphone", the Nexus One includes a 1GHz snapdragon processor and 5MP camera with flash. Unfortunately, sales on the device in the U.S. have been low due to Google's online only policy. Consumers in the U.S. have to purchase the device directly from Google. UK Vodafone customers will be able to purchase the Nexus One through Vodafone's retail, online and telesales.
Nexus One specifications:
- Android 2.1
- 3.7-inch WVGA AMOLED screen
- Memory: 512MB ROM, 512MB RAM
- 4 GB MicroSD card (expandable to 32GB)
- 5-megapixel camera with autofocus, 2X digital zoom, LED flash
- UMTS 1/4/8 (2100/AWS/900)
- HSDPA 7.5Mbps, HSUPA 2Mbps up to 5.76Mbps
- GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- WiFi (802.11 a,b,g,n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, A2DP stereo Bluetooth
- AGPS, compass, accelerometor
- Weight: 130g with battery
- Dimensions: 119mm x 59.8mm x 11.5mm
- Teflon-coated back cover
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Second microphone for active noise cancellation
- Proximity sensor, light sensor
- 1400 mAH battery