Last week, we found out that Microsoft will be launching a OneDrive UWP app for Windows 10 sometime this quarter. Today, we're finding out more about the new app, thanks to a report from WindowsBlogItalia.
In fact, the Italian blog didn't just provide screenshots of the new app this time. It provided an APPXBUNDLE file and instructions for you to install it on your own device.
Of course, to install the OneDrive UWP app, you'll need to be on one of the latest Insider Preview builds from the Redstone Development Branch. Because of this, it's likely that the public won't see this app until the Anniversary Update is released in July.
If you do wish to side-load the app, here's what to do:
- Download the file from Mega. You'll need a password, which is windowsblogitalia-u7ybvcdm.
- Go to Settings -> Update & security -> For developers and turn on Developer mode.
- In your PC's search box, search for Windows PowerShell. When you find it, right-click it and click "Run as administrator".
- Type the command Add-AppxPackage
replacing the latter portion with the actual file path.
- Press enter and the app will install.